“Grate Value”

Drury Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #10 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights and it was very good value as the price included breakfast and evening snack. The snack was just that, nothing special in terms of choice of food but the breakfast was really all you need.

The bedroom was very spacious, the bed comfortable and it was all very clean. It had everything you would normally need.

1  Thank Moontrip

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I love the location of this hotel, but there are a few things which prevent me from giving this hotel a perfect score. When we booked, this hotel was rated as the #1 in Orlando. Nothing that would prevent me from staying again, however. For us, the ultimate selling points were the pool, the central location, and the great price (ok, the free booze too!). You can't get much closer to SeaWorld (one of our favorites) and other attractions. Our room was very clean, and I loved having my little punch card to get 3 drinks each evening.

As far as the cons go, during the day, the pool is hidden in the shadow of the hotel (at least in the month of June). My other issue was that the pool also borders the parking lot of a 7-Eleven, and although I didn't feel like I was super "on display" I didn't love that people kept parking their cars right on the other side of the little fence. There is some landscaping/palm trees to keep some distance, so it isn't terrible, but this definitely isn't a luxury hotel pool by any means. The professional pictures of the pool are a little misleading. The hot tub was nice, and it was much appreciated that during the day it was mostly vacant! :-D

Another con is that while getting our drinks downstairs in the evenings, the cafeteria/bar space is crawling with people, and it's a MESS. Popcorn all over the floor, really a lot of random junk all over the floors. I was really appalled and should have complained about it. It's more of a cafeteria style area than a formal restaurant (food is free), but don't expect it to be super tidy. There was plenty of space for me to find a table for my husband and I, so that was good. Wifi was great so we could have our iPads and look up restaurants, our next days plans, etc.

The hotel staff was extremely friendly, and overall it was a great trip. It was just a turnoff to have the bar/restaurant area be such a mess! Not much of any atmosphere/experience relative to the restaurant/bar. Not a romantic spot, more of a budget family-friendly place. Which is fine! Just clean the floors.

Overall, I would stay here again if traveling on a budget. Not bad at all for what we paid!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HeatherB0611
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was really looking forward to my 2 week stay at the beginning of December especially based on all the fantastic reviews placed on this website. To an extent I was worried it would all be 'too good to be true'.

So did it turn out to be 'too good to be true'? Maybe only slightly, but it didn't detract from an overall fantastic holiday. The free shuttle services to Universal, Sea World and the 2 water parks were gratefully used almost every single day. The above average temperatures and very quiet parks added to the overall experience. The 'free' food and beverages were a nice touch, albeit very repetitive, and it certainly contributed to my numerous extra pounds I returned home with. Pool was more than adequate which we only used on our very last day to pass the time until departure.

Now a few of niggles which prevented the standard 5 rating this hotel appears to have become accustomed to:
Although it is ideally suited for all the parks, it wasn't particularly easy to get to International Drive. You have to cross 3 busy roads to get there in a 10-15 minute walk which can be hazardous when you are not used to cars ignoring the green (well a greyish blue) man.
The duty managers are always keen to listen and chat in the dining area, but on the two occasions we actually called upon them for assistance they never came back to us 1) We asked if there was an easier way to get to International Drive rather than crossing the 3 roads noted above and they said they would check and come back to me. They never did, but found it surprising in the first place they wouldn't know this offhand. 2) We returned one evening to find the door not closed properly - it was sitting on it's latch. More than likely it was the cleaner (who was not our usual one for that day who was fantastic) who forgot to release the latch after cleaning. It did not appear anything was taken from the room, but we highlighted it to management and she was very apologetic and she would view the cameras and report back. She never did. Why bother saying you would do something and not do it? And finally, and as commented elsewhere, the dining area can get messy during breakfast/evening - spilt food/drink, bins overflowing etc.

Can I really understand/believe this hotel can be rated 3rd out of 328 hotels in Orlando? No I can't. Would I recommend the hotel to friends/family - yes, I probably would with the caveat that you are slightly isolated from main areas (3 roads to cross and all that!)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank GerryM0301
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We booked a room at the Drury as part of a Universal vacation package and were really really impressed- the staff was friendly and helpful, everything was really neat and clean, and they give you so many free food options!! There's the breakfast, which has a ton of choices including a lot of veggie options (oatmeal with toppings, fresh bananas & oranges, fried potatoes- plus other stuff like waffles, cereal, eggs/sausage), but then there's also the afternoon "Kick Back" which, as others have mentioned, is really extensive and could totally be dinner if you wanted it to be- the nights we were there they had baked potatoes, Mac and cheese, chili/veggie minestrone (one each night), plus fresh veggies, pretzles, chips & salsa (also included is one free drink per adult guest per night). And the food was good!! We actually decided to call that our dinner the first night, and we're kind of tempted again the second but decided to venture out instead.There's also free popcorn & soda pretty much all day, and the popcorn was also really good! The hotel is also in waking distance to a lot of good stuff- we visited the Whole Foods across the street (3 min walk), the Guruv Yoga Studio (4 min walk), and a great restaurant called Bento Cafe (4 min walk). There was also a lot of other stuff around if we'd had more time, like a Bar Louie, several pizza restaurants, some fancy looking seafood places, etc. There's a free shuttle from the hotel to Universal, which is great, although the departure and return times are somewhat limited, but it's a pretty inexpensive cab ride since the hotel is so close (about 2 miles, 5 min ride, ~$10). Drury also has a business center for printing boarding passes (always appreciated), a small fitness center with actually really nice machines (elliptical/bikes), and a nice little pool area & hot tub, all if which were always very neat and clean. Overall, our stay there far exceeded our expectations- I will definitely stay there again if we return to Orlando, and will be seeking out the Drury chain in other locations!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Lin T
Reviewed 18 January 2014

At check-in I knew that this hotel was different when Kristen welcomed us with a warm smile. Even though we arrived early at noon (which is 3 hours prior to the posted check-in time), she immediately informed us that our room was ready. I had called the hotel a few months earlier to request a room on the top (8th) floor, and Kristen said that she saw this in the notes and the room was indeed on the 8th floor. Fantastic start to our stay! She also explained the free breakfast and 5:30pm "kickback" program where 3 free alcoholic beverages are available for each guest along with a food buffet. Kristen also gave us printed directions for Magic Kingdom and Epcot upon request. Again, fantastic service! We went down for the buffet around 6:00pm, and another manager personally came by to ask how we were doing. Very warm and welcoming! The next day, another front desk staff member named Ryan gave us printed directions to the airport, and answered several questions about the local area. The food at breakfast and dinner was quite good and definitely above average for hotel buffets. The business center has 4 computers and is very easy to use. We stayed 3 nights in total and I wish that it could have been longer! Great job Drury - we cannot wait to visit you again!!!

2  Thank JD_Who6614
Reviewed 15 January 2014

DURING THE MONTH OF jan and feb We spend vacationing in warm weather how we view the drury the room very clean and the staff helpful the staff at this drury have what we call disney training which means they provide disney style magic something we did not find at the crowne plaza .crowne provides a nice clean room but nothing more, drury provides it all no extra charges we were able to park for free use internet free had a free breakfast and each evening they have a reception they call it the 530 kickback where they have beverages including mixed drinks and free food like salad soup bake potatoes, even some hot dogs. Another nice offering is fresh popcorn and soda that seems to be available almost all day for customers. ROBERT Allen I believe is the general manager and was very attentatve to all of his quests. If we would recommend one thing it would be to warm yup the pool the warmest pool so far has been at SunSol where the staff was nice ttoo.SO FAR WE FEEL DRURY AND SUNSOL GREAT VALUE DRURY NICER ROOMS SUNSOL BETTER USABLE RECREATION

Room Tip: I am sure they r all nice
3  Thank mrskathyann
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Drury Inn Orlando for a total of four nights (2 x 2nights, with a 3 day break in Tampa in the middle) in January 2014.

The staff are the greatest asset of this excellent establishment. From the moment I arrived, I received an extremely friendly, positive and supportive welcome. All the staff I met were great from the maid right through to the managers! Specific mention must be made of Vivien in the breakfast / kick-back buffet area. Vivien was always friendly, clearly hard working and nothing was too much trouble in supporting guests. Thank you Vivien and keep up the good work!

First impressions are of an impeccably clean and well run establishment. Check-in was fast, friendly and efficient. Upon reaching my room (on the 7th floor on both short stays) I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the spacious living area. The king bed was amazing and the duvet and pillows gave a comfortable and great night's sleep. The room had ample wardrobe and chest of drawers storage. There is a flatscreen TV, coffee making facility (a few tea-bags for us Brits would have been nice!), fridge, microwave, desk and excellent free wifi. The only thing missing in the room in my opinion is a personal safe - although valuables can be left securely at main reception.

The shower room is simply amazing and provides a large walk in shower cubicle with a great and powerful shower head - fab! Toiletries are also provided in dispenser units, if you've forgotten to pack your own.

The complimentary breakfast in the morning is of a good quality and very comprehensive, offering a cooked option (scrambled egg, sausage burgers, potatoes & scones with gravy), cereals, yoghurts, fruit, toast, bagels, and make your own waffles - all very yummy! Tea, coffee and fruit juices are also available.

If you are in the hotel between 5.30pm - 7.00pm you must make use of the excellent kick-back offer. At this daily event food is provided free of charge (items like baked potatoes, sausages, breaded chicken strips, meatballs, pasta, soup, salad, crisps, tortilla chips etc), all washed down nicely by up to three complementary alcoholic beverages (assuming you are of a legal age to drink!). This service is hugely popular and much appreciated.

All in all, I had two excellent short breaks at the Drury Inn, Orlando - thanks to all the team!

Would I recommend this establishment to my family and friends? Absolutely, 100%!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo