“What A Great Hotel!!”

Drury Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #10 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The location of this hotel was perfect for our recent trip to Universal Studios Orlando. It is conveniently situated right off of I-4 and only a three minute drive to the parking structures at Universal. Additionally, it is steps aways from a well stocked 7-Eleven and across the street from Phillips Crossing. There you will find Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza, Pei Wei, Lime Fresh Mexican Grill and Seito's sushi. There is also a Dunkin' Donuts, Chick-Fil-A and a Whole Foods Market nearby.
We had our own transportation, but I understand there is great shuttle service to Universal provided by the hotel. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Everything was clean and the bathrooms were well stocked with toiletries and a hairdryer. The hot breakfast buffet was delicious...especially the waffles, and the sodas and popcorn that are available until 10pm were a great convenience.
The hotel staff was super friendly. The manager, Robert, made the rounds at breakfast and checked to see that we were enjoying our stay. We will definitely return to this great property!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor facing the pool. It was a little noisy because there were lots of guest en...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mtraveler84
Write a ReviewReviews (2,267)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a 1 night stay at this lovely hotel in April. Staff very friendly especially Vicki who was lovely and extremely helpful would definitely recommend if we need a hotel again to stay in would most definitely stay here.
Many thanks
The Trevor family xx

Room Tip: We had top floor over looking the pool
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SunnyBeaches23
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My boyfriend and I spent 7 nights here from 5/4-5/11! We loved our stay! All the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful! Austin was very nice when we arrived early to check in! We arrived around 3pm and asked if there was a room available to check in early. I had requested a top floor room! We got our top floor room at 3pm! We were in room 835! Our room was spacious with a great view of the city, trees and a lake! The bathroom was a nice size with a big, walk-in shower that had a rainfall shower head. We loved it! The bed was comfortable. I found it a little hard for my like since I tend to prefer soft beds that I sink into but I still slept perfectly fine every night after being exhausted from long days! Rooms come with a nice flat screen tv, microwave and mini-refigerator. The rooms do not have a safe but if you ask the front desk to lock up some belongings for you they can do that.

My absolute favorite thing about our room was that I could lay in bed and watch the Disney fireworks each night that we were in the room around 9pm when they begin!

The food was okay, not my favorite but I wasn't expecting anything spectacular for a free breakfast or the kick back. The eggs were good and I liked the yogurt and they have 4 waffle machines! The dining area is very nice and they keep up with re-stocking the food. The 5pm kick back was definitely nothing healthy and where as I had lost 21 pounds before this trip I was slightly disappointed. The closest thing to healthy was ice berg lettuce which offers zero nutrtional value. I was still excited for hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. The kick back was nice to have available on any night that we chose to stay in and not spend money on overpriced food!

The 3 free alcholic drinks every night was a nice plus! We experienced very little street noise in our room. We live on a main road back home anyways so it wouldn't have bothered us regardless as we are used to it being noisier.

Our only complaint wasn't really in the control of the Drury Inn staff. There was a school that stayed there a few days of our trip which was completely obnoxious. Getting your food easily? Forget it. Finding a place to sit that wasn't over run with kids? Again, forget it. Getting onto an elevator at 11pm when they first arrived? Unheard of! We ended up having to walk up a couple of flights of stairs and wait a couple times to be able to get onto an elevator. I was extremely sick that evening and had a fever and did not feel like walking 8 flights of stairs. It would have been nice of the adults in school trip to allowed other guests at least 1 of the 3 elevators to use instead of just looking at us and expecting us to wait for this entire class to get up to their rooms first. Instead they monoplized the 3 elevators and the dining area and the kids all ran around rampant in the hotel. One evening we came back to several of the kids running through the hotel lobby soaking wet from the pool in there bathing suits. We were less than amused.

We also thought that the class should have been given a conference room to eat in as not to disturb all the other guests. Believe me when I say that we were not the only guests bothered by them!

Again, we don't really blame Drury Inn. They could have asked the chaperone's to keep a better eye on the kids. They are still paying customers and guests though which we did understand.

We will definitely be back to stay at Drury Inn though on our next trip to Florida! The location is fantastic! Universal Studios is literally up the street maybe a mile or 1.5 miles. Sea World and Discovery Cove are about 5-10 minutes away! Downtown Disney is about 10 minutes away! There's also a 7-11 in the parking lot which is great for a quick drink. Kmart is next door as is a Whole Foods! There's a Walmart up the street and International Drive where all the fun things to do and restaraunts are is the next street over!

Free parking! Free wi-fi!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Brittany G
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Perfect hotel for going to disny world
Clean rooms, sheets, good food and breakfast
Nice pools and jaccuzzi
Would definately stay here again and recomend to families

Would return in a heartbeat when we have kids in the future

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Fantastic hotel with fantastic friendly staff. Robert the manager was always around talking to guests asking how things were. Vicki the cook converted my wife to grits for breakfast (now trying to find an easy supply back in the UK!) It was nice to meet a fellow Brit in Vivian! I can't believe the people who are complaining about the free evening food and drinks! If you don't like it go and pay 3 times the price elsewhere and be treated as a number rather than valued guests. We won't have to think about which hotel to book next time we come as decision is made already.
When are Drury's opening a hotel in the UK? You could teach some hotel chains a lot about service!

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor and had no issues with traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Property is well maintained and room was very clean. Great place for families since they offer a free very basic dinner and breakfast. The staff was very friendly also. Plenty of restaurants in the immedate area to choose from. Located right off I-4. About 30 minutes from the airport. Nice pool area. Have indoor-outdoor pool. We have stayed at Drury properties in other states and they are always good choices.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichiganMarie
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We spent 6 nights there. The breakfast and dinner are quite convenient but not really healthy or tasty. But if you want to spend your money on the outlets and the parks I think it's a good compromise. I can't imagine my cholesterol levels when we left. Some salad would be a plus.
The room was spacious and the hotel is quite new and well maintained. It is a no brainer, I'll definitely stay again at Drury's.

Stayed: March 2014