“Good value”

Ranked #7 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
“Good value”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a great value. Large, clean room. Breakfast and cocktail hour are a nice bonus. The pool was very crowded while we were there so we steered clear. Great location close to shopping and restaurants. Every staff member we encountered was cheerful and happy to help any way they could.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jessie H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Customer Service was Superior in every aspect! Dorothy at the front desk was very patient , has a Beautiful personality and made sure we were comfortable from check in to check out! Breakfast and evening kick back saved us alot of money. The food was delicious, hot and filling. The drink vouchers were right on time!! 3 drinks during the evening meal for Adults. Management was very interactive with guests during the day and at morning breakfast/kick back (evening meal). The pool area was clean and the hot tub was wonderful. If you have kids and want to save on eating out for a night or two while visiting Orlando this is the hotel. It is exceptionally clean, well maintained and the staff is Wonderful! I will be searching for Drury Hotels in every state we visit!

FYI! Not walking distance to I 95 but a cab ride to the trolley drop off is less than $6. 00. Worlds Largest McDonald's is only a cab drive away for about $6.00 and Kmart is walking distance right beside hotel. Whole Foods across the street. There is a shuttle at the hotel that drops off and pick up at the different Disney Theme parks every 15/20 minutes daily! It is not safe to walk the trail near the interstate highway. Be safe and take a cab!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Chundra H
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Drury Inn and Suites for the first time in Orlando. We have never been to any Drury Inn before. It was a great stay!

We requested a high floor and got the top floor with great views of a lake. Peter checked us in and he was very friendly and professional. He told me none of the suites have a view of fireworks, only the standard rooms face that direction, so I appreciated the fact that he was acknowledging one of my requests and explaining why it was not honored. He was excellent!

The managers were visible during meals. They were very friendly and stopped by every table to see if the guests had what they needed. I even saw them clearing away people's plates for them. We had 2 breakfasts and 2 Evening Kick Backs while at the Drury, and we enjoyed all of them! A large variety of food at breakfast. The food was enough for our dinner in the evening. Free booze is great, even if it is lower quality. The popcorn was yummy and free after 3:00. We ate it up!

The entire hotel is extremely clean and roomy, with marble floors and counter tops. No cheesy old decor here! Our suite was wonderful. 2 queen beds, a floor to ceiling window, a roomy marble bathroom, plenty of seating and lights, as well as a comfy sofa bed. It had one of the best mattresses I have ever seen in a hotel sofa bed. My son loved it! There is a small fridge and a microwave in the room, tucked away behind cabinet doors. The queen beds were very comfy, as well as the pillows and nice bedding. We all slept very well.

I can say that the Drury Inn is a hotel experience like no other. You can tell it is new and fresh, and specially designed to offer guests plenty of room and comfortable surroundings. The area where they serve food is very large, as well as the dining area. One does not feel like herded cattle as they find a place to sit and enjoy their food! They even have a few large booths, not just chairs.

I booked the FL Resident Rate. I saw they also offer special rates for Canadian Residents, as well as AAA and AARP, as well as others. My rate went down 2 times before my stay, ( I checked online), and when I called the Drury's 800 number, the rep happily adjusted my rate to the current lower rate. No hassles, just extremely friendly customer service!

This chain obviously puts customers first and wants the hotel guests to be comfortable and happy! I did not encounter any unsmiling or unfriendly employees at Drury! Such a refreshing change from the rude and arrogant attitude, or the clueless clerks that I have encountered at some hotels in the past! I will seek out Drury Inn when I travel out of state, and have recommended it to others. I hope they plan on opening more Florida locations in the future! At this time, sadly, there is only one Drury Inn in the entire state of Florida. Please build more!

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank ohiomrspj
Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My family and I were in Orlando for several days on vacation in June and stayed at the Drury Inn. The room was clean and very nice, but what makes this hotel top notch and a five star is the customer service! This hotel knows what the WOW factor is. Robert, the Hotel Manager, is awesome! He comes around to each table in the dining room and visits and takes your plate if you are finished with your food. I have never seen that in my life! One morning, my husband and I went down for breakfast and let our kids sleep. Breakfast was over in about 30 minutes, so we asked Robert if we could take breakfast up to our kids. He not only agreed, but asked Vicky, who also is an awesome employee, to make the breakfast for them. She got them a full breakfast, including making them a waffle! She was a sweetie pie! The food was great! If you are ever in Orlando, look no further....stay at the Drury Inn and I promise you won't be sorry! Your friends from New Mexico

Room Tip: Loved staying in the Suite!
6 Thank Cindy B
dublin,
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have just arrived home after a 10 night stay in the drurys. Everything is true about what people are saying about rooms(spotless) breakfast (good) kickback (good but not much variety) but it is free,the big and I mean big thing that will bring me back is the staff. Wow and wow again, nothing is to much to ask of them they go the whole mile and back I felt they were family. A big hello to Lindsey,Vivian,Steven and the lovely Dorothy. Not Forgetting.austen and Robert too.by the way the hotel is very central to universal and sea world. A stones throw from international drive with a great whole foods store across the road and a 7/11 next store. Also just outside the no21 lynxes bus leaves you to universal and you can get it back to hotel. It saves paying for parking if your not staying long in park.the wifi is free and also the parking.

Room Tip: All floors are good but if you want to see Disney fire works ask for top floors
4 Thank niamh/sean
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is our hotel when staying in Orlando,Fl. We always find the room clean and spacious, I just hope that they will always keep that their top priority as there are always people out there like me who once we find a hotel clean and affordable just like yours, we will always come back. Your breakfast and kick back dinner is just another added plus.

2 Thank Ann2ok
Moseley, Virginia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The positive reviews of this place are all true. The service is excellent, they are constantly cleaning, smiling, offering assistance when needed. The Kick Back in the evenings is perfect for tired families who just want to get a quick bite without any effort. The hotel is about 20 minutes from Disney, and 5 minutes from Universal. The intersection outside of the Drury is CRAZY. Tons of traffic. Just going to Whole Foods, which is across the street, is a major endeavor. As for the hotel itself, we had nothing but compliments. The pool is nice, the afternoon popcorn and soda are a nice touch, and the maid even put the kids' stuffed animals in playful poses with their balloons each day. The kids loved that. Everything is clean, clean, clean. Lastly, we were concerned about the fact that they allow pets in the place as some of us are very, very allergic. It was never an issue, probably due to the constant cleaning. We would definitely come back to this hotel!

4 Thank Spinnaker4249