“The good and the bad”

Howard Johnson Inn Airport Florida Mall
Ranked #237 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I would have rated this hotel a four but in th morning when i wanted to take a shower i had to kill a cockroach first for a little privacy , then when i took a towel to dry myself a got some long black hairs from Conchita on me!
Beds were ok and room looked ok.
We had a room at the front and there was a lot of noise from the road.
Breakfast was very basic.

Stayed: July 2014
AjalManagement, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Airport Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for visiting Howard Johnson, Sorry for hearing that your stay was not that pleasant We do have a professional exterminators that service property on a routine basis. We appreciate your comments and will work harder to please our guest. Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done regarding outside traffic noise. We hope that you will visit us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn Airport Florida Mall

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I must say the customer service extended to me by Jessica was wonderful.
While staying at this hotel I experienced the worst hotel stay n history. When I first checked in Jessica extended me a very warm welcome to Orlando....She gave us room 252(?)...The room was supposed to be non smoking, but it stink so bad of cigarettes...Jessica tried her best to accommodate us....She switched our room but then it started to rain profusely...It rained in our room...Once again I complain to Jessica..She said that she would change my room again...I explained to her that I would stay in the room....112...Jessica personally mopped the water off the floor.....Because of Jessica's hospitality we stayed for the duration of our trip. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for visiting us at the Howard Johnson. I am delighted to hear that Jessica went above and beyond to make sure your stay was pleasant as possible. We try to make sure our guest understand our policy of smoking in a non smoking rooms. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work to the best of our ability. We have put together a better cleaning strategy for our housekeeping to make sure our guest will not experience another problem of smoke smell in a non smoking room. Once again please accept our deepest apologies for your inconvenience.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My trip to orlando was cut short due to one of my babies getting sick. So we decided to get a room at Howard Johnson and that was the right choice. The staff were amazing and help with directions to the nearest phramacy and the rooms was great very clean and comfortable The best part of the one night stay was the breakfast in the morning my kids enjoy that the most.Thanks for everything you guys are great...

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for staying at the Howard Johnson. Happy to hear we met our goal making sure you had a pleasant visit. With our current renovation and staff working towards excellence; we will continue to strive to be the best. Hope to you to see soon.

Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had booked a room for four nights and had already prepaid our fees.There was a crack in the ceiling above our door that looked very small, however it rained our 2nd day and water literally poured into our room down the door because of the crack. When I went to call the front desk to let them knowm, our phone didn't work. Once they were aware of the issue she said she had two other rooms available. One room the air conditioner didn't work, that is highly unacceptable as well being we were traveling with our 5 month old and Orlando is incredibly hot! The 2nd room was a smoking room that was in the process of being converted to non-smoking and it smelled horrible! She then offered a 3rd room that we stayed in for only ONE night due to the air conditioning not working in there also. We switched rooms for a 3rd time for our 4 day stay. Instead of having a relaxing vacation away from home it was more of a hassle then anything. The last room was great and the tenant that was there everyday working was wonderful and treated us great so that was a plus.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
1  Thank Mandy H

Sorry for the inconvenience during your recent visit. We strive to meet our goals making sure our guest have a pleasant visit. Unfortunately, a maintenance issue was not corrected in a timely manner. We have fixed the problem recently and assure that this will not happen again. Please accept our apologies and reimbursement that was credited to you upon at check out. Hope you will give us another chance to please you in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The rooms were clean and it was quiet. Leslie was most helpful while I was waiting for a package to come from Fedex I had to wait past the check out time and Leslie offered

helpful suggestions the property is kept immaculately. It is clean outside as it is inside. It seems they are doing some upgrades because the rooms looked like they were recently redone.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank ronaldeadie
AjalManagement, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Airport Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for visiting us at the Howard Johnson. It was my pleasure to make sure your stay was pleasant. We appreciate your comments and will continue to maintain our property appearance. We will continue to strive for excellence, and hope that all our our guest enjoy their visit to our property. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

It was great once the problem was fix it was a great stay.thanks to the front desk staff. They was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for staying with us at the Howard Johnson. Its always a pleasure to receive nice comments regarding our guest stay. I am happy we reached our goal with making sure your stay was pleasant. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I'm actually writing this review while I'm sitting at the desk in one of the rooms - June 24th. My boyfriend and I checked in earlier today and we're debating whether we should leave to another hotel or not because we're on a very tight budget. The moment we entered our 'nonsmoking' room we noticed the overwhelming smell of cigarettes. It smells like a casino. There were cigarette ashes on the floor by the bed and behind the nightstand. There's a sign that states if smoking occurs they'll bill a $150 cleaning fee to the account yet they actually put an ashtray on the desk. Are they trying to encourage smoking?? Now, that's not even the disgusting part.. besides the disgusting smell, when we walked in we noticed a huge, dead roach behind the door. The lady from the front desk casually said 'it's a palmetto bug'..... I know what it is. My question is what is it doing in the room if someone was just in here 'cleaning'? I pointed out the ashes to her so that she could not blame us for it later or try to bill us. The lady from house keeping that came to remove the roach and clean up the ashes had a dirty, torn towel full of holes as her mop. Besides all that, the sheets are completely damp and full of someone else's hair. An hour after checking in, while my boyfriend left to get lunch for us, someone knocked really hard on the door, when I opened the curtain to see who it was there was no one there. Someone actually knocked and ran off. I really regret choosing this hotel. Don't make the same mistake.. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marisol_Tru
AjalManagement, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Airport Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

I am sorry that your experience at our location was so awful. Our staff are expected to go above and beyond for all guest needs. Unfortunately, we did not meet our goal with making sure that your stay was outstanding. I appreciate your concerns and thank you for letting me know about your recent visit. All of the issues mentioned will definitely be address. I will make sure that no other guest will have the same experience. I have compensated you for the inconvenience and I hope that in the future you will give us another chance!

Sincerely