“Better than the JW Marriott connected next door”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #24 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Within the same week I stayed at the Ritz Carlton for business (2 nights) and later, the JW Marriott (1 night) for pleasure. I would choose the Ritz over JW Marriott based on the quality of the rooms, the beds, and the amenities. However, they are both very nice hotels and the grounds are immaculate. The restaurants vary in quality (and service speed), but in general I think the Ritz has better food / chefs. The spa is very nice as well (although pricey) - if you do the spa, be sure to build in extra time to enjoy the whirpool, saunce, steam room, relaxation areas (inside and outside), and snacks/drinks.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 November 2011

I have had the opportunity to stay at some wonderful hotels over the years, including some certainly more expensive than this one, but I can honestly say that I have never stayed at a better hotel. The gracious and outstanding service, the elegant public areas, the delicious and varied food and the outstanding rooms are all completely faultless. I was with a large group of colleagues and everyone I spoke with about the hotel agreed that it was superb and probably the best they had ever stayed at.
In particular, I found the hotel room to have absolutely everything I could want - beautiful decor, extremely comfortable bed and bedding, very quiet and tranquil atmosphere, and a the best hotel bathroom I have ever seen.

This hotel receives my very highest recommendation.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2011

The service of everyone from the front desk to the chambermaid to the waiters know how to make a guest welcome!

Room Tip: The best rooms face the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2011

WOW! I loved the hotel!
Awesome valet parking- 1st time used it in the US!
Very helpful reception.
Breakfast - amazing! Loved it - nice selection! and if you like swwets and pastry...)
Watermelon juice great!
The swimming pool is very pretty!
The room was called deluxed - but is was a standard room it think, but nice beds and pillows)
If you have any problems - contact me Young Carter - he was absolutely amazing!
thanks to him!
and its only 7 mn drive from the convention center and 20 min to disneyland resorts!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed here for business and really enjoyed my stay. The service, food and rooms were great. We had a nice view of the pool. I liked being close enough to the attractions but not right in the middle of everything.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, FL last week. It was a most enjoyable and relaxing time. Our room was on the top floor and we had spectacular views of the property including the pool, golf course fairways, and courtyard.

The room was a good size and actually had a walk-in closet. The bathroom was huge and the room also had a balcony. The decor was somewhat dated, but it was still maintained really well and clean.

The pool itself was the best part of our stay as we spent most of our time there. The poolside service was impeccable and the desserts from Norman's, the on-site restaurant were truly scrumptious.

The only things I did not like about the trip was:

1) The poor service we received at the lounge. Both bartenders provided bad service and were quite slow in getting us drinks and food orders.
2) The valet service in the early AM is non-existent. We waited for about 15 minutes trying to get our car and then upon returning to the hotel the valets were no where to be found so I ended up parking the car myself even though I opted for the $25/daily valet fee.
3) When calling the hotel directly, the phone kept ringing and ringing without anyone answering it in a timely manner. This was rather odd since this is Ritz Carlton and they are supposedly known for their outstanding service.

Room Tip: If you want a connecting room you can request it when you make your reservation. If you are a light...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Orlando, FL last week. I had a restful and relaxing time. The pool was really enjoyable and the service outside was by far the most attentive.

The room was nice, but somewhat dated. The room size was generous as it had a balcony with a view of the courtyard and pool and golfcourse.

The only thing I didn't like was the poor service we experienced in the lounge. Service was pretty non-existent and both bartenders were pretty slow at taking drink orders and menu selections.

I was disappointed that there wasn't any valet attendants late in the AM as I paid $25 for valet service and ended up parking the car myself and retrieving it in the morning.

The desserts were spectacular which made me forget about the lack of service.

• Stayed: October 2011