When visiting Orlando, there are only two 5-star resorts in our opinion. The Ritz Carlton is definitely one of them. We spent the Independence Day weekend at The Ritz and from start to finish, every detail was a dream. Check-in was a breeze and it didn't hurt to have two crystal flutes of champagne waiting for us at the desk while the details were finalized. The bell staff (John) was extremely helpful and took extra care of our luggage. I had informed the staff in advance that this was an extra-special occasion for my husband as it was his first Independence Day as an American citizen. After arriving in our guest room (and finding it beautifully adorned...especially the all-marble bathroom), we were surprised to have room service deliver two beautifully decorated plates of dessert truffles with a hand written card congratulating my husband on his achievement. They also brought a bottle of fine champagne with flutes to celebrate. This, among many other special touches, made us feel special. We appreciated it greatly. The rooms were average size, well appointed, and very comfortable. All rooms are balcony rooms and ours was a lake front. We booked this in anticipation of the fireworks display over the lake on the 4th. There is no greater feeling than sipping champagne and watching a spectacular 20 minute firework presentation from our balcony. The pool is lovely. I was up early one morning on the balcony and watched as dozens of staff members assured that each chase lounge was equipped with towels and head rests, they were lined up perfectly, and even pest control was seen spotting the pool area so that guests would not be bothered by mosquitos. They offered a bourbon tasting party in the afternoon and served some of the best updated spirits we've enjoyed. Housekeeping was remarkable and turn-down service went the extra mile. Smiles and welcomes were given to us throughout our stay. If you desire the very best of service, in beautifully adorned, subdued surroundings, The Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes is the place for you. We will definitely be back...cannot wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 500-acre nature inspired luxury resort is located 10 miles from Walt Disney World; 10 miles from Airport and 7 miles from Universal Orlando. Guests can enjoy on-site eco-tours, kayaking, fishing, tennis courts, championship golf course, award-winning spa with adult-only pool and dining by James Beard award-winning chefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Ritz Orlando
- The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes Florida