“It is the Service that Makes the Difference”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #21 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 July 2013

When visiting Orlando, there are only two 5-star resorts in our opinion. The Ritz Carlton is definitely one of them. We spent the Independence Day weekend at The Ritz and from start to finish, every detail was a dream. Check-in was a breeze and it didn't hurt to have two crystal flutes of champagne waiting for us at the desk while the details were finalized. The bell staff (John) was extremely helpful and took extra care of our luggage. I had informed the staff in advance that this was an extra-special occasion for my husband as it was his first Independence Day as an American citizen. After arriving in our guest room (and finding it beautifully adorned...especially the all-marble bathroom), we were surprised to have room service deliver two beautifully decorated plates of dessert truffles with a hand written card congratulating my husband on his achievement. They also brought a bottle of fine champagne with flutes to celebrate. This, among many other special touches, made us feel special. We appreciated it greatly. The rooms were average size, well appointed, and very comfortable. All rooms are balcony rooms and ours was a lake front. We booked this in anticipation of the fireworks display over the lake on the 4th. There is no greater feeling than sipping champagne and watching a spectacular 20 minute firework presentation from our balcony. The pool is lovely. I was up early one morning on the balcony and watched as dozens of staff members assured that each chase lounge was equipped with towels and head rests, they were lined up perfectly, and even pest control was seen spotting the pool area so that guests would not be bothered by mosquitos. They offered a bourbon tasting party in the afternoon and served some of the best updated spirits we've enjoyed. Housekeeping was remarkable and turn-down service went the extra mile. Smiles and welcomes were given to us throughout our stay. If you desire the very best of service, in beautifully adorned, subdued surroundings, The Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes is the place for you. We will definitely be back...cannot wait!

Room Tip: Add the breakfast buffet to your package...it was amazing and the service matched. Both Lake View a...
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Have stayed at Disney land previously with family and found accommodation small and expensive. Stayed at Ritz carlton this time and much happier. Hotel room was big enough for myself, wife and two children (11 and 3). Had a deal providing $100 voucher for each night of stay which made it great value. Buffet breakfast was also included in our price and was very good (generally only needed a small lunch after the big breakfast). Hotel is very grand and service very good. Pool was a bit crowded on weekend but through the week was very quiet. You also have access to Marriott hotel pool next door which has a lazy river (gets crowded).
Lots of activities and if you like golf they have good golf deals. Gym is large with most things you would expect (free). You will need a car to get to Disneyland. Hotel had a shuttle but was quite expensive.

1  Thank Maco1
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed here for 4th of July night. I expected that it would have a lazy river but instead it was on the JW side. It was probably a 5 minute walk to get there. I left the room at 7:30 to use the lazy river with my son because we were checking out that day. I brought 2 floats and had to wait for the staff to inflate the floats because they open at 9. None of the staff would leave their post to assist me get air for my floats. It would have been nice. Also, they let the guests reserve pool chairs so when were were there at 7:30 80% of the chairs had people's belongings but the pool nearly empty. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne and I think service is much better there. I think because this hotel gets booked with so many people that they are unable to add personal touches. I did enjoy the magic show, and fireworks but will probably stay at the JW because they have the lazy river. Again I don't like the facts that guests leave their belonging on the pool chairs overnight to reserve the chairs, they should be first come first serve. It was irritating to have to walk around in circles looking for available pool chairs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SillygirlP
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here in June with our young son and had a great experience. We could have easily spent the day at the connecting JW if time permitted swimming, playing table tennis and floating in the lazy river.
Service is great and I would happily stay again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I chose the Ritz because I am a member of St. Thomas. I didn't want to stay at the run of the mill hotels in the area. (there was a huge AAU volleyball championship convention in the area) This hotel was conveniently located (10 minute drive) to Universal Studios/ Island of Adventures, Wet Wild about 15 minutes to Disneyworld. The valet staff was extremely accommodating - asking if I would be needing the car again - they would keep the car up front for easy access. The front desk was extremely accommodating - quick check-in and check-out. They always had a smile and courteous. We travelled to Orlando to celebrate 2 high school graduations and a 13 birthday. There were balloons and cupcakes in the room - a wonderful surprise!! We were able to utilize the JW Marriott next door - we had full access to all amenities. The hotel grounds are beautiful, rooms are clean and comfortable, a/c adjustable and comfortable (it was 90+every day), the pool was clean. The bar area was nice and cozy. We only ate at Normans (breakfast and dinner) - a little n the expensive side - but it is a Ritz restaurant!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room, I believe all rooms have balconies. We were on the 7th floor overlooking t...
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Spent 4 nights at the Ritz ( Stay 4 nights-Pay for 3 package ) over July 4th. We were looking for a luxury hotel to balance the Disney 'Action'. Hotel Grounds are beautiful ( lots of exotic birds and other creatures ) and all interiors are over the top.Service was excellent , special food needs were handled meticulously. Spa was great too. A few minor quibbles... Breakfast buffet was included in package, yet a service charge was added per day , there was a charge for inner tube at JW Marriott Lazy River Pool next door ( over-rated in general) and there actually was a burn hole in our sheets that went un-noticed. However, none one of these effected our overall excellent experience.

Room Tip: View of Pool and Lake
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I got away for two nights for a very close by staycation. Needing a break from the kids and life in general, we wanted QUITE. NOT a noisy pool area with screaming kids...we have enough of that every day of our lives. The Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes didn't disappoint. The service is AMAZING. Being treated like royalty makes the stay worth every penny, particularly those pennies that push it over the price of say a hilton or hyatt. The food was top notch as expected. The Primo Italian restaurant was excellent, everything from the cocktails to the entrees. We had a beautiful suite with pool and golf course view. Looking down from one of our two balconies, you could see the pool area was not overwhelmed with people. There were plenty of open chairs and the area was relatively quiet considering there were plenty of families enjoying the facilities. We chose to get a couple of spa services which allowed us access to the spa pool and other perks of the spa building and private grounds. We spent the day at the spa pool in almost silence. It got fairly busy later in the afternoon but the silence we wanted stayed as everyone there seemed to want the same quiet we did.

We did not get a chance to eat at Norman's as I didn't bring closed toed shoes....I do my best NOT to wear closed toed shoes in July as a native Floridian. So we went off-site to our favorite restaurant only 10 minutes away, The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Valet in and out was perfect and very much worth the extra $7 over self parking. While I don't agree with paying for parking, the hotel does NOT have a resort fee like so many of the other Orlando area tourist area hotels.

I booked late...only a couple days out, and was rewarded with impressive rates. The Ritz drops their nightly rate, like many hotels, the closer you get to the booking date in order to fill rooms. We opted for a package that gave us $100 a night resort credit. That's extremely easy to use at the Ritz. It payed for 80% of our dinner and drinks at Primo and our poolside lunch and drinks at Vitale on our spa day.

I contemplated staying at other hotels in the area to save $30-50 a night but I am SOO happy I chose not to. Being addressed formally by your actual name, everywhere you go, is worth $50 a night to me. If all hotels took the effort of the Ritz to provide this kind of service, the Ritz would have some serious competition, but that doesn't appear to be happening any time soon.

My only MINOR complaint was on the room...it felt a little aged. Clean for most hotel brands, but not up to Ritz standards in my opinion. Finger prints on glossy tables, TVs, ect. Carpet feeling a bit worn, bed feeling a tad on the firm side, ect. NONE of these took away from our experience in any way shape or form...merely just conversation pieces between the two of us when thinking how high end the Ritz is known for being.

We will be back without a doubt. My wife plans on going to the spa on the weekends with her girlfriends just to get the pampering and world class service not experienced elsewhere, plus a day at a quiet pool before or after spa services.

Room Tip: Suites are very spacious and provide a much larger balcony off the bedroom that standard rooms do no...
1  Thank Robert H