“Very pleased with decor, service and meals”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #25 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed here during a business conference. Very impressed with everything about this hotel including the staff - first class. I was found a couple of times wandering the hallways looking for the meeting rooms and every employee I passed, regardless of their job, asked if they could help direct me. They honestly seemed to care about my stay.

You can stay anywhere. It's the people that make the difference that you'll remember. Marriott always excels with this.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,919)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

From the moment you arrive, you know that you have arrived! From the landscaping, grand fountains, wonderful entrance and marble floors and green bamboo fragrance, very welcoming and refined. Check in was a breeze; the children sign in area was a nice touch. The lobby was small but opened up to a wonderful viewing/sitting area. The elevators whisked you up to your room, which was a maze of turns and halls. The carpeted halls, with classic overhead dome lights and sconces were well lit. The suite on the corner was well appointed; marble floors, mahogany and resort classic furniture, two balcony's and a wet bar. The master bedroom had both a chase lounge, king size bed (OMG, so comfortable), writing desk and dressing area. The master bathroom was elegant with double sinks, a tub small and a massive walk in shower. The bath products are luxurious and suitable for both male and female, not too sweet or manly; they should be available for purchase in the gift shop by the end of the year.
The only negative was the coffee maker is located at the wet bar but the cups, coffee, tea and condiments located in a drawer in the master bedroom under the television. There is ample unused space in the cabinet at the wet bar, totally illogical storage space for the coffee supplies.
Since were were there on business, we did not have the opportunity to utilize the facilities, but plan on another "leisure stay".
The eye for detail and service make this a great resort experience.

Room Tip: Corner rooms provide more room and a great view.
1  Thank Love2cook
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was my first stay at a Ritz Carlton and it was fantastic. The grounds are gorgeous, the service was impeccable, and my room was terrific (nice view from balcony). I was here for a conference so the amenities and service helped make the experience feel like fun and not just work.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Christine P
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We had stayed here once before about 8 years ago. At that time we thought it was extremely nice with top quality decor and services. Since that time it has become a little worn in the decor area. It needs updating but is still good quality. The service is still good, the pool is quite nice and large. I had a massage that was very good. The spa was clean and of good quality. The grounds are well kept and there is a long walking path that is enjoyable. The restaurant food is very good. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was pressed for time and was told that there is a great restaurant located downstairs from the lobby, so I went. As I waited up front to be promptly seated did notice that there was no host or hostess present so I continued to wait. Soon after a gentleman by the name of David came up and graciously ask for my name and room number and he escorted me to my table. The same gentleman promptly took my drink order and ask me if I had any questions about the menu. I did tell him that I was in a hurry to get back to a business meeting. He then helped me with my order and also delivered it. In my entire life have I ever received such excellent service. Thank you David from the Vineyard Grill next time I am in town I will ask for you to be my server.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed 3 nights on business recently. The hotel is part of a complex with a JW which makes the choice of restaurants / activities excellent....even though I didn't see many of them! Great pool for laps, club lounge was excellent and service all round very friendly. The wifi was weak though throughout the hotel. The bed and pillows were way too soft but that's all preference. Overall a nice hotel for business or pleasure. Close to all Orlando attractions.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

If you are planning a trip to Orlando, whether it is business or to take the family to Disney, there is no better hotel than the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes!

We stay on the Club Level and it is one of the best Clubs in all of Ritz. Trish will take good care of you and their food service and attention to client details is fantastic! They can book anything at Disney or Universal so there is no need to feel that you have to stay in one of the park hotels with the masses. It is much more enjoyable, after a long day at the park, to retreat to the serenity of the Ritz.

The spa is fabulous and the spa restaurant is actually my favorite in the entire hotel. You can sit outside to eat and overlook the spa pool or inside if weather does not permit outside seating. I have had almost every service they offer at the spa and I have never been disappointed.

The ladies and gentlemen at the hotel call you by name if you are a return customer and always ask if they can help you in any way. I literally cannot say enough about this property!

Room Tip: I prefer Club Level but in general a Jr. Suite, and I would ask for one that is an end room that ove...
1  Thank JBHAtlanta