The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
GreenLeadersSilver level
Athens, Georgia
“Great”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Love this place but a bit to far from Disney. Service is nice. Hotel is beautiful. Pool is nice. Wish there was some sort of breakfast to go with the room. It is a bit pricey and there are not any extras like you get when staying on property on Disney or Universal Hotels.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Marie1171
jmcgavin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your most recent visit to the resort. My team and I take your feedback very serious and I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your comments. We do offer a few options that have valuable amenities and I would like to get your feedback on how we can better communicate these offers to our guests. Again, thank you so much for your comments and I look forward to speaking soon.
Warmest Regards,
Jon McGavin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Miami Shores, Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I'm a Silver Elite Ritz Member, was married, and stayed at this hotel dozens of time. It's really gone down hill. The last 4-6 times I've stayed here we've always had problems. The consistency of the service is spotty. There are many comparable hotels at lower room rates. This is probably the last time I'm staying here for years.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank jasona1974
jmcgavin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
I want to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent visit to our resort. Your feedback is very important to me and I would be grateful if you could share some of the details of where we fell short in delivering an exceptional experience. Please let me know if you would have a moment to speak as I would welcome your input. I am very sorry for the experience and not meeting your expectations. I do hope to hear from you soon.
Warmest Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 February 2014

What a rip-off. We stay in 5 star hotels all over the world and this was our honeymoon so we did a lot of research and paid a little more than usual.

Our rate after taxes and charges etc was over $550 USD per night, nearly $600. So we expected 5 star treatment,

On the first morning we went for breakfast to be told that it was an extra $71 USD, including a large compulsory gratuity (for a self-serve buffet). All we wanted was a croissant each. $71, for a self-serve croissant.

The only thing Ritz-Carlton has done by this trick is to ensure that we would never stay there again, at least not in the US. Their hotels in Europe don't seem to do this.

Room Tip: Ask for high up on the outside (not in the centre over the pool which has darker rooms).
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Bigtripper322
jmcgavin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Greetings from The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes! I wanted to thank you for your feedback and humbly apologize as my team and I did not meet your expectations. I am very disappointed that my team and I did not provide the experience and atmosphere to allow you a relaxing visit to our resort. We do value your feedback and I will certainly address your concerns with regards to the breakfast. If there is a time that you would allow me to speak with you directly I would greatly appreciate that opportunity to get more detail. I do hope to speak with you and find an opportunity to regain your confidence in my team and I.
Warmest Regards!
Uzwil, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed here for a conference. The staff is very professional and attentive. Excellent gym and SPA facilities. Beautiful setting between lakes with several golf courses. Pool area next to lake with access to nice walking trail. The food during the conference was great (Buffet breakfast, served lunch and BBQ) for several hundred people which showed the hôtels high level capabiities to host large audiences. 20 minutes drive from airport. For families and tourists exploring the Orando leisure parks a car is needed. The hotel does not provide any shuttle busses.
Overall a great experiences which matches the high expectations for Ritz Carlton guests!

Room Tip: room facing the pool or golf courses
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed at the Ritz in January for a work event. The hotel met expectations and was similar to other Ritz hotels we have stayed in.

We liked that there were plenty of restaurant options, the gym was well equipped, although quite a distance from the room, the grounds and lobby provided nice lounging and meeting areas, the room was very quiet.

We thought that while the bathroom was large, the actual room size was small. We found it difficult to make contact with the front desk using the telephone system. We also weren't very impressed with the service at Norman's, the food was just average as well. There was a high parking and internet fee.

Having stayed at the JW Marriott next door I would say either is a fine choice, with the Ritz being our preference. If you are on a budget, there are many other great Orlando hotels to choose from. Don't stretch your budget for the experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My second visit to this hotel was an excellent experience. Having stayed at other locations in Orlando over the years, I can say this is my choice for excellent accommodations. It is pricey, but it is the Ritz and the room is great, the service well done, and staying here feels good.

Room was nice, updated, comfortable, quiet and well equipped. Ample pillow choices, linens very nice, good towels, great size, and comfortable overall. Enjoyed breakfast each day which was very good with many choices. Bar and lobby are enjoyable in the evening.

If you golf, don't miss the golf course on site. Wish I had more time to have another go at it - look forward to trying it again next year. Staff service at the course is some of the best at the resort.

Can't go wrong here - enjoy it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I attended a two day conference at the hotel in early December, 2013. Had a very nice room with the extra touches that the RItz is famous for. While I attended the meetings my wife took advantage of the massage services in the spa. Didn't have enough time to use the golf course, workout facilities or swimming pool - Hated that! The food and meeting facilities were fantastic. The service by the Ritz team was well beyond expectations. When the last meeting wound up we had to rush to the airport but the valet service had my car waiting and found it to be only a 15 minute drive. Disney and other parks are very close, so we'll take advantage of them next time. Thank you Ritz Carlton Orlando Grand Lakes

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business