The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
US$158
US$151
US$129
  • Restaurant
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$374
US$281
US$179
US$133
US$294
US$258
3,031 results
All reviewsvineyard grillhighball harvestjw marriott next doorlobby loungespa poolclub levelkids clublazy riverturn down servicebeautiful propertyluxury hotelpool stafffour seasonsfitness centerself parkupon checkgreat pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just a long weekend without the children. Definitely the best place we have stayed in Orlando. Nice resort away from the hustle and bustle of the theme parks. Service was over the top as one would expect. Rooms super comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jsc145
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel was great all around. The service was top notch and the food is the best banquet style food i've had at any hotel. I had a lizzard loose in my room and I appreciated them helping me get it out of my room!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank stacemasterflex
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We arrived at the Ritz on the 1st for 8 nights and what a wonderful stay we experienced. This was our 3rd visit and as in the past we could not have wished for a better startt to our holiday. Our suite was first class and serviced to an excellent standard. The pool is wonderful - our daughter spent many happy hours swimming and playing - she also enjoyed her ice-cream!! We ate in the Bar and at the Pool Restaurant - both were very good.

The public areas and grounds are beautiful but more than this whats really special about The Ritz is the staff. Every member of the team takes time to say "hello" and genuinely wants their guests experience to be first class!

Thank you all - we never hesitate to recommend!

Room Tip: We have experience of both Deluxe Room and Suite overlooking the pool - would recommend both.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SarahC164
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I'll start with the Cons first since its related to only one thing. The housekeeping:

- When we checked in, after a very tiring 24 hour or so flight (from Kuwait to Florida including transits) we found out that the room was UNCLEAN. Towels were used. I found a comb in the bathroom that belongs to some1. And the garbage wasn't emptied. So I asked reception to move me to another room since I'm really tired, i would like to shower and get to sleep asap. They said "we are sorry but we are full" .. I didn't feel like negotiating since I had no energy left but I really didn't believe them. They told me that they will send housekeeping to clean it up. Within 50 minutes or so if not an hour, we got the housekeeping FINALLY. The housekeeping person was somewhat shocked that we wanted the sheets to be changed. The person who came up to me (from reception) had to insist on her to do so and gave her an uneasy stare since she didn't want to at first. It was kind of awkward but anyway she started removing the sheets and she put the new sheets on .. the travel suitcases (that were in every dirty airport out there, on the floor and so on) .. my eyes just popped but I didn't want to speak since I found her to be a hopeless case.

Another day, after spending a long day in disney we came at night VERY TIRED to find out our room wasn't cleaned. And we left 10-am in the morning. THey came up and cleaned it very fast. As picky as I am i found out that they only cleaned out the trash and just did some "vision cleaning" if you know what I mean . Its not really clean but it looks like it is. Dust everywhere etc. etc.

So basically, the housekeeping department needs to change. Unfortunately, most hotels would do the same. But it would be nice if you can see a hotel that is really clean.

Pros:

- Beautiful Hotel with a beautiful swimming pool and nice view. You can actually see the fireworks of disney from there at night.

- There is a shuttle to go to Disney and others and one time the shuttle seemed to have come earlier and left. We were there before the time and didn't see them the first day so we spoke to the concierge and he was really polite and he gave us a ride for free with a driver.

- Great location. Disney is like 15 minutes away with the shuttle and Sea World like just like 5 minutes away. We really enjoyed it. We didn't want to spend more money in Disney Hotels that really looked terrible. This one had better rates and was better to stay in.

- Staff are polite and friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool so you can also face the beautiful view and maybe can also see the fireworks of disney.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Badourette86
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The Ritz Carlton grande lakes is a great option for the Orlando area... Golf, great pool, spectacular lobby, appropriate dining options, great staff, well appointed rooms, etc. I appreciate what the Ritz Brand stands for. That being said, I agree with the previous post regarding corporate client disturbance. Garish displays of branding by a corporate client is not consistent with the Ritz Carlton. (Example- corporate flags adorned around the property) Quite frankly, I blame the client as much as I do the hotel. Having worked for a large corporation, I understand the the importance of discretion in corporate recognition events. While this might have been a profitable event for the hotel, there is a trade off. The rental of the pool in the evening and then using a large movie screen blasting a children's movie (for corporate client children) throughout the property that is closed to the public is a bad move on multiple levels. My young child was perplexed and disappointed as to why he could not attend. Needless to say, this did not make bedtime easy. Beyond that, there are many hotels In the Orlando area where would expect this type of event... However, not at a Ritz Carlton. That being said, the person I spoke with at the front desk was focused on trying to rectify the situation as best he could. I chalk it up as a bad choice on the part of the local event coordinator for Ritz and the Corporate client.

• Stayed: April 2014