The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
US$266
US$107
US$91
US$190
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$105
US$526
US$449
US$505
US$428
Agoda.com
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$213
Orbitz.com
3,047 results
All reviewsvineyard grillhighball harvestjw marriott next doorlobby loungespa poolclub levelkids clublazy riverturn down servicebeautiful propertyluxury hotelpool stafffour seasonsfitness centerself parkupon checkgreat pool
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great property all around. Wonderful secluded (yet close to everything) location. Huge pool that gets sun all day long with plenty of lounge chairs and super attentive staff. Excellent bar staff in the lobby bar as well. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Try for an executive suite if you can. Great outdoor space and plenty of space all around. Staff was great. Well managed property.

Room Tip: 15th floor is top. Try for a view facing west (back of hotel) and you can see Disney in the distance.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My son and I had the pleasure of visitnig the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes over Memorial Day weekend. We'd stayed previously at the neighboring Marriott Grand Lakes.

The tone of this review may be tainted by the upgrade to the Club Level which was an absolute delight.

If you're thinking of booking this hotel, don't hesitate. We used it as a base to visit Epcot one day and Universal the next.

The weather over the Memorial Day weekend was unseasonably hot, so the lazy river at the hotel was crowded and unpleasant. Finding a place to sit down by the pool area at the Marriott was very, very difficult because of the crowds.

I was very, very impressed by the intelligence, friendliness and courtesy of the Ritz-Carlton staff, especially in the Club Lounge. I wasn't planning on having a second beer, but the staff thoughtfully thought I'd like one, and brought me one! Excellent selection light snacks and gourmet offerings throughout the day. You can tell it's swanky because they don't call it a "serving," they call it a "presentation!"

Enjoy your visit to Orlando and be sure that the Ritz-Carlton is a wonderful choice.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms at this hotel; other reviewers may disagee.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have stayed here several times and have always enjoyed this hotel. Our most recent stay was over Memorial Day and the hotel was very crowded. The pool was a zoo. I had booked our room through AMEX (online) and I was not aware that this was different than booking with an AMEX Platinum agent. At check in I was told that my room was booked through Orbitz. Very strange! I felt like I was treated like an Orbitz customer rather than an AMEX Platinum customer. Our room was very small with a parking lot view. Bathroom was nice and large. I didn't sleep well because I don't care for pillow top beds. Large mini bar charge on my bill upon checkout that had to be removed. Room service breakfast was good and very fast. Had dinner at JW Marriott one nice-total chaos. Good service and food-we had sushi but the hotel was so crowded. Fireworks were very nice.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. We usually enjoy staying at a Ritz, but I must admit that some of the properties are better than others. I don't usually get my hopes up as they can sometimes be a little tired (the property and the staff!). Definitely not the case at the Orlando Great Lakes. I made the reservation here for our family as I was trying to find a nice place to stay between Disney and Universal Studios. It was a great decision.

The property is immaculate, absolutely beautiful. It is large, but it still feels warm and welcoming upon arrival. The staff was fantastic. Check-in was seamless. I had reserved three rooms for our college aged son, teenaged daughters, my husband and I. They put our daughters in a connecting room next to us and our son two doors down. Anywhere else and this would have taken several emails and multiple phone calls!

We ended up talking with Adam, one of the concierges, who put together a fantastic Disney experiences for our family of five. We had been to Disney twice before and thought we knew what we were doing. We never would have been able to do half the things he set up for us had we been on our own. It was incredible. He truly helped create memories that will last our family a lifetime. Additionally, I ended up with blisters on my feet and when my husband asked him where he could get something that might help me, Adam personally went to the store for us. I would not have been able to go to the park the second day had he not been so helpful. I have only had that type of service at one other hotel which also happened to be a Ritz-Carlton. Simply amazing.

The rooms were comfortable and beautiful. I especially appreciated the large, lovely bathroom which had a separate tub and shower. We ordered room service for breakfast most mornings simply for the convenience. It was always timely and delicious. We had drinks and appetizers in the Lobby Bar several nights. They had a limited but tasty menu. We ordered room service one night which was really good and we had a fantastic dinner one night at Primo which was located in the attached JW Marriott.

We didn't get to experience the spa, but did get to enjoy the pool for a brief period Sunday morning. It was beautiful and the service was great.

Two things to note, they do offer complimentary shuttle service to Disney and Universal Studios. We utilized those and they were great. You need to make reservation, but it is totally free. They just need to know how many people to accommodate. Secondly, the only downside I could find to staying here is that you are limited to eating on property. It did not bother us as there were so many options between the two resorts, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

2  Thank cezek
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Was here working at a conference for a few days. Everyone from the front desk to the bell staff to housekeeping was very helpful and friendly. Loved coming back to my room after a long day and finding the little chocolates. Everything was very clean, quiet (my room was close to the elevator too) and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business