“First time at Ritz!”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #21 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The building was beautiful! The bedroom, bathroom, the view from the room... We had a pool/golf course view which we couldn't ask for a better one.

We ate late night dessert at the lobby with a glass of wine. Live music was on, the lobby was full of people late at night, enjoying conversations and the music. Next day, we had lunch at the same lobby and I thought it was way overpriced. But then, it's Ritz Carlton, so maybe it's like that at any luxurious hotels...

Staffs there were very friendly, from bell boys to front desk staffs to people who work at the pool.. They always asked how we were and if we needed anything. Very professional but friendly and approacheable...

One thing I want to mention is the shower room door. I am not sure if all the shower room doors are like that, but water from shower was leaking on to the bathroom floor like crazy in ours. The glass door was not reaching all the way down to seal off the water from leaking to the floor. We were wondering why they built the shower room like that. It's not "Ritz like"...

Overall, it is a beautiful hotel and enjoyed our experience!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rei H
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed in the lake view room on the 8th floor for 3 nights. The check-in was very quick and hassle-free. The room itself was quite spacious and had a balcony, facing the lake of course. The quality of the rooms were impeccable, typical of a Ritz. The views were spectacular and the hotel itself was pretty quiet. This might be due to its business clientele.

All attractions are very close by with cabs available right at the entrance of the main building. Most of the amenities like wifi and resort shuttle aren't exactly free. It's "free" only if you pay the $25/night resort free which gives you other stuff like a golf buggy etc, facilities which we didn't require. Wi-fi is free in the lobby though.

Overall it's a wonderful property and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Lake facing, higher floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdityaVenkat
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We are loyal Ritz Carlton fans and recently had the pleasure of staying at the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes Orlando. As usually the entire friendly staff went above and beyond to treat us like royalty! Tyler at the front desk was so accommodating and upgraded us to a fab suite! James, Trish and Louise in the Club Lounge went out of their way everyday to make us feel special and well fed. Our great waitress Rosie in the lobby bar was beyond sweet and helpful, and every valet was quick, friendly and sincerely interested in our travels! Best home away from home ever! We can't wait to go back!! :)
Richard Muhlhauser

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish R
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Spent four nights here on a business conference but brought my wife along because I know how she likes luxury living. :) And this place did not disappoint! In fact, compared to other Ritz Carlton's where I've stayed (Tahoe, Marina del Rey, Half Moon Bay, etc.) this place feels palatial!...beautiful lobby...well appointed furniture....lovely views of the golf course.

As most readers know, the rooms at the Ritz are generally not all that glamorous....but this one was nicer than the rest. And the pool was fantastic....pretty big with a beautiful setting.

But of course, the real reason you stay is because of the service. From the front desk staff that comes out from behind the desk to present your key to you Japanese style with two hands on the key card to the lobby attendants who smile when you walk past, they make you feel at home.

But the big deal is the price. For a fantastic ~$250/night, we had an awesome stay with luxury accommodations and service to boot.

The only reason I didn't assign 5 stars is due to an odd experience at the pool on our last day. One of the managers came by and spoke to us in a way that wasn't entirely friendly. That seemed out of character for Ritz employees.

But then as we were leaving to head to the airport, my wife asked me if I had a plastic bag handy to wrap an item to place in the suitcase, and the bell man ran back inside and retrieved one for us.

My service experience saved by the bell!

One last thing, the Ritz shares a property with JW Marriott which doubles your convenient restaurant choices. And the fitness center that sits in the middle of both is fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Reg C

Just returned home from another stay at the Ritz Carlton Orlando,
RC you never let yourselves down, the staff in the Club lounge attended to our needs perfectly, nothing is too much trouble, I can not single anyone out you are ALL fantastic. Members of staff in other areas were equally as attentive, especially around the pool-even at an extremely busy 4th July, Osman ( the pool/bar) assistant looked after and anticipated all our needs, Yes this is one of the most beautiful hotels we have ever stayed in but it's down to the staff that makes it what it is - OUTSTANDING. Thankyou everyone , see you next year( if not before) :)

Room Tip: There is never a bad room, pool/ golf room view is worth the extra
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Foley37
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here for July 4th weekend. Love the hotel, staff, service and the food.
They even cater to kids.
The pools and golf course are well maintained. JW Marriott is right behind and Ritz guest can use their pools too.
Close enough to Sea World and Disney World one can just take a taxi which are readily available.
Really had a good time at this hotel.
I would like to come back here.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Zmencontre
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Check In: Staff was friendly, check-in was easy. However, I needed Rollerbed at got one at the lovely price of $25 per night.

DAY ONE: Prior to arriving, I thought I had done all my research on ticket pricing. Once I got to the "Expedia" Concierge, the price I was quoted was $22 dollars over the price online. When I mentioned this to Katie, she told me that it was because of the taxes. Trusting her, I went ahead and purchased. A friend who purchased online, told me the online price with the taxes and it was $22 cheaper. I checked online, and it was indeed cheaper. I went back down to Katie and requested a refund of the difference. Especially since I bought 3 tickets. She then told me that their was a glitch in the computer system on ticket pricing and she would have to contact her manager for a refund. When she finally called me back down to process the refund, it still took her an additional 40 minutes to do so and I missed the fireworks...the reason I was there. Upon expressing my disappointment, I was then told by hotel staff that Expedia adds a $15.00 convenience fee for each ticket. THIS WAS NOT DISCLOSED BY EXPEDIA!!! So the learning here is to just buy tickets on line.

DAY TWO: I wanted to enjoy the breakfast buffet with my daughters. After getting downstairs to Normans, I was told that there would be a wait (25 minutes) but they had set up the exact same buffet in the Banquet hall. So I ate in the banquet hall and the food was ok...but definitely not worth the $30 price. I had to ask for Grits, I had to ask for Salsa, and I had to ask for another omelet as the first one served was given to me with un-melted cheese. Additionally, eating in the banquet hall added an automatic "banquet" gratuity. This was not disclosed at Normans. Again, another hidden charge.

So far the room is clean, the beds are nice and comfortable and the Property is beautiful. I am here for another 4 days and will definitely provide updates as needed. Just be informed and ask plenty of questions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank businesstraveler212
jmcgavin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with our ticket concierge and our expanded breakfast options. I want to apologize for your experience and not being able to properly communicate what is in the charges. Our intent is never to hide something from our guests. I do understand that someone from our leadership team has contacted you to resolve these issues but if I can help in any way please feel free to contact me.
Warm Regards,