“great relaxing vacation at a beautiful hotel”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #18 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
boston, ma
“great relaxing vacation at a beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 5 March 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights after a cruise. This place was wonderful! The decor is beautiful. The spa is the best that I've ever seen! And the employees of the Ritz really go out of there way to make you feel special! We were traveling with our young children and they also thought the Ritz was great.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Rhode Island
Reviewed 25 February 2009

I've visited this hotel several times and it is head and shoulders above any other hotel that I have been to. From the the valets to the front desk, housekeepers, everybody, the staff is fantastic! The food is amazing. Don't miss Sunday Brunch! Stay on the Club level for extra snacks and the fantastic concierge. I can't say enough good things about this place. Cannot wait to go back!

Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 24 February 2009

My husband and I just returned after 5 days here. After much research, we picked the Ritz because we did not have the kids and were not going to visit any parks. The AAA price made it affordable. The spa was definately worth a trip. Yes, they do auto-charge your room if you bring a car with their valet parking of $20/day. We knew that up front because of Tripadvisor.

Checkin was easy. Upon arrival, they gave us a "best-view" room looking over the pool and golf course. Room is spacious. Bathroom includes double sink, separate room with toilet. There is a bath tub, as well as a shower - which is nice to not have to climb into a bathtub to take a shower. Nice flat screen TV.

I would return just for the spa experience. We chose the couple's massage - cost more than a night's stay at the room, but we got a day within the spa - including sauna, steamroom, indoor jacuzzi (sorry, not co-ed). Also, you get access to the private out-door pool and jacuzzi to share w/ my husband. There are also "calming" rooms with fruit, teas, cushy recliners, blankets. When you arrive, they give you a robe and slippers to were. My husband cracked up when I told him that on the female side (sauna, steam room, indoor jacuzzi) all the women wore bathing suits. I guess the guys only wear towels? Even if you do not schedule a spa service, as a guest you can enjoy the spa areas for a daily fee - I think $20.

The gym room is fully equipped. TV's at each of the aerobic machines - ear phones provided. Free weights as well as weight machines. Loved the infused waters adn fruit provided. Gym room is available free for guests at Ritz and Marriott.

Restaurants on the property are expensive. We did eat at all of them and the meal at Norman's was wonderfule. Most of the other guests were there for business meetings it seemed - so the pool area was only about 5% in use.

It is out of the way. We thought about using the shuttle to Sea World - but since there was only one drop off time and one pick up time/day - it would not have been convenient for us.

pensacola
Reviewed 19 February 2009

The hotel is very nice but the vallet only parking costs around $20 per day plus tip, upon check out we paid the charge and were fine with it and then found an additional charge for something on my cc I still don't understand.I had to remove there stuff from the fridge to put my stuff in. I think all in all we woudn't ever stay there again I don't trust them plus they charge 9.95 per day for internet. Residence inn is by far a better place at a third of the price and you can park for free and not wait on your car.

chicago
Reviewed 10 February 2009

I never stayed at the hotel so I cannot comment on its quality. My beef is with the reservations process.
Ritz Grande Lakes in Orlando advertises a "Bed & Breakfast package" on their web site, with free valet parking and breakfast for $239 a njight. But when you finally reach reservations by phone, all that's available are rooms starting at $419 a night, (plus Orlando's pricey 12.5 % tax). If the package is not available, take it off the web site. Otherwise, this smacks of bait and switch to me. And forget about complaining to the reservations manager. He doesn't return calls.

• Liked — attractive architecture
  • Disliked — reservations process
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
9 Thank roadranger_9
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 9 February 2009

The Ritz Orlando is a great choice if your not going to Disney World. Great for Sea World, Universal or enjoying the resort ammenities.

Nice room with beautiful and large bathrooms. Balcony, too.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — PRICE
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
san francisco
Reviewed 23 January 2009

My husband and I stayed here for several nights, following a visit to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. He has family living in Orlando, so we figured we might as well take a side trip.

We met his brother with family in tow here for several days. They made extensive use of the swimming pool facilities, and of the Concierge Club Level amenities.

In the daytime, we did all the usual Orlando tourist activities. At night, we were absolutely thankful to have such a relaxing refuge, away from the theme park hustle and bustle.

Stayed August 2006