“A top rate hotel in every way”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #20 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
location
“A top rate hotel in every way”
Reviewed 17 April 2009

I am very surprised to read someone rated this a Motel 6. I think we may have been staying at different resorts? The Ritz-Carlton Orlando was one of the BEST hotels my husband and I have stayed in (and we have stayed in A LOT of Ritz Hotels - Singapore, Portugal, London, Berlin.) This Ritz did not disappoint. We took our three children with us this time (a first) and were astonished at everything the hotel had to offer in terms of activities, Ritz Kids programs, arts and crafts by the pool, Easter Egg hunts, Easter bunny deliveries to your room - you could even have the Easter bunny himself tuck your children into bed for you on two of the nights! As for the adults, it is as civilized and luxurious as any and all of the Ritz we have stayed at. The hotel was clean, the food was great, the staff were pleasant and the amenities were first class. My husband and I will most definately be going again - with the kids.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank tabathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Virginia
Reviewed 16 April 2009

I have never stayed at a Ritz but have always wanted to stay in one and I can see now why the hotel is raved. It is fabulous. The main lobby is mesmerizing and our room was gorgeous. The bathroom, I must say, was my favorite. It was clean and very roomy. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank ruann23
Washington DC
Reviewed 12 April 2009

This was our first Disney vacation trip, and we stayed off Disney resort hotels. We are so glad we did that. Staff was attentive, kind and concern about every one's well being and needs. The Hotel is a resort. Many activities for he kids as well as adults. Loved every minute of it. Will be back for sure.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Look4best
Boston
Reviewed 4 April 2009

My first stay at a Ritz and the service completely lived up to any expectations. I am a pretty independent traveler and I was actually not used to such a level of assistance for my every whim.

The Vineyard Grill was very nice. Excellent food and service- although it should be for the price and al a carte menu. The other clientele was generally a subdued crowd, business, older folks, etc.

The grounds are lovely. Nice course, beautiful pool. The spa is wonderful. Nice service, supplying anything you might want or need. Also, the spa has a private pool for use only by spa customers which is another nice perq.

Overall, the Ritz at Grande Lake was everything I would expect from such a caliber of hotel. No disappointment at all.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
Odessa, Ukraine
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,547 helpful votes
Reviewed 24 March 2009

The Ritz-Carlton is far, far ahead compared to the other Orlando Hotels. At $ 298,00 ++ we received a great Executive Suite, free breakfast and a $ 90,00 lunch/dinner voucher.

The service at the hotel is 4* (some problems) but the property itself is clearly 5*, from the valet parking to the room...

The Ritz-Carlton is near SeaWorld, Disney and the Outlets.

We liked it and would chose it again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HONkiev
boston, ma
Reviewed 5 March 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights after a cruise. This place was wonderful! The decor is beautiful. The spa is the best that I've ever seen! And the employees of the Ritz really go out of there way to make you feel special! We were traveling with our young children and they also thought the Ritz was great.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Rhode Island
Reviewed 25 February 2009

I've visited this hotel several times and it is head and shoulders above any other hotel that I have been to. From the the valets to the front desk, housekeepers, everybody, the staff is fantastic! The food is amazing. Don't miss Sunday Brunch! Stay on the Club level for extra snacks and the fantastic concierge. I can't say enough good things about this place. Cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple