We stayed at the Ritz Carlton Grand Lakes resort for our honeymoon. We are pretty picky of our hotels and services as my wife is a manager of a 4 diamond hotel herself. We booked under a couple different hotel packages over the phone - highly recommended since most packages include breakfast and cover your valet expense - for many packages, they more than pay for themselves in value. Service at the pool was great - they brought us complimentary chocolate covered strawberries when our pool attendant found out it was our honeymoon! They upgraded us to a high floor pool side view - which also doubles as a FIREWORKS view at night for Sea World (about 2 miles away) and Disney in the distance. Breakfast at the viniard grill lives up to the Ritz standard - the food is great! TIP: if you get the buffet, you can still have make-to-order waffles and eggs benidict brought to the table, which we took advantage of. Pool reviews: the RItz pool is resort style pampering at it's very best. We went to the JW Marriot pool one day and it was fun as well - they have a lazy river style pool that was very playful - you can buy inner-tubes for about $7 or $8 each. Our favorite of all the pools was the spa pool - it was our own private secluded paradise. You need to have a spa package or spa appointment to use this pool. We stayed most of the day at the spa pool and we shared the pool with 2 other couples at any given time max. The lobby bar seemed to be taken over regularly by visiting conferences. Everyone treated us like a king and queen - which we are so greatful for. We can't wait to visit the Ritz Grande Lakes resort again in the future - hope we can get away for a 1, 5, or 10 year anniversary! And regardless of where you plan to stay, if you're planning on honeymooning in Orlando - only plan on going to Disney or another park for 1 day - believe me, 1 day in lines is more than enough! We couldn't even stay for fireworks at night because our feet were so tired - thankfully, we got to watch fireworks from a distance each night from our balcony!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 500-acre nature inspired luxury resort is located 10 miles from Walt Disney World; 10 miles from Airport and 7 miles from Universal Orlando. Guests can enjoy on-site eco-tours, kayaking, fishing, tennis courts, championship golf course, award-winning spa with adult-only pool and dining by James Beard award-winning chefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Ritz Orlando
- The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes Florida