“Best Brithday EVER!!”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #21 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 August 2009

My husband brought me here for my 30th birthday. Hotel - lovely like all the Ritz'. Food was great. Pool was perfect. Lots of kids but what can you expect from Orlando. While our stay there we got to meet and talk to some of the Laker's as they were staying there.

Perfect distance to all the Disney parks.

We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes

Reviewed 17 August 2009

I wanted to take my mom away for her 75th birthday, and a "Spa weekend" was a perfect idea. We live in Orlando, and I could not leave town, so I thought I'd try the Ritz Carlton. It was a perfect vacation, while staying in town - I felt like I was a million miles away. The staff made us feel special from the moment we arrived. They were very good about recognizing my mother's birthday from the time we checked in, to the time at the spa, and we even had a small gift with a birthday card waiting in our room for us.
The room was lovely, we sat on our balcony drinking wine while viewing of the golf course & sea world. Sunday brunch in the "Vineyard" was excellent. As the Ritz is connected to the Marriott, we did a little "pub crawl" and had cocktails and appetizers in several spots between the 2 hotels. The spa is just fabulous.
I would definitely put this down as a winner for a special weekend or celebration. Very expensive, but worth every penny.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2009

This was a great stay , excellent food at both the steakhouse and the signature restaurant, great bar at poolside, lovely massage and spa (easily the best in Orlando) . The best thing is to come here after the Disney parks and just return to peace and quality. Duty Manager was very attentive and professional - the type of service you only get in Ritz. Golf course only one in Orlando with caddies , which was kind of novel. I thought they made a mistake as my golf was $107 for green fees, clubs, balls, caddie. Very good value

Reviewed 13 August 2009

My Partner and I ventured to Florida for 2 weeks of fun last year and stayed in the Ritz Carlton whilst we sampled Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and the likes. It was perfect. As it's not a typical florida family resort the pool is quiet and there was always space on sun beds. The lifeguards also come round with ice-cold bottled water and fresh towels througout the day. The grounds and golf course are first rate; as are all the other facilities. The rooms are also exceptional. Although you are only moments away from the mahem of Orlando the hotel has spectacular grounds. It is pure tranquility (especially after a tough day at the theme parks). The food and service was excellent throughout our stay. It is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and believe me there have been many.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WellTravelledKW
Reviewed 11 August 2009

My daughter and I just returned from the Ritz at Grande Lakes and all I can say is, "WOW." From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. We were given an upgrade to our room and it was absolutely beautiful overlooking the pool area. I love how you are addressed by name consistantly and how everyone is so eager to please. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay great. We visited the spa and had several treatments which were wonderful. We spent the entire afternoon just lounging by the sauna, whirlpool, steamroom, and adult only pool. It was a very relaxing afternoon and all the other patrons were singings its praise also. Carrol gives a great citrus pedicure! The Ritz is definitely at the top of my list for places to stay in Orlando.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton for the first three days of a 2 week vacation in Orlando. Despite its size, every aspect of the hotel felt personal and of a high quality. Breakfasts were excellent, catering for each of our family member 's requirements. We mostly dined out but bar-menu items were first-rate.

We had in-laws with four children visit for one afternoon and were able to take full advantage of the facilities with them. We loved the lazy river at the adjacent JW Marriott and our own pool. Martin, the bar-man at the pool bar (Bleu), was especially courteous and helpful.

Having decided to spend most of the vacation in a rented villa, our stay at the Ritz Carlton certainly spoiled us and has made us consider making this our base for the entirety of our next visit to Orlando.

Our only gripes, minor ones, are that exclusively valet-only parking gets a bit wearisome if you want to to and fro from the hotel a few times a day and paying separately for wifi access seems a bit unnecessary for a hotel of this stature.

Reviewed 8 August 2009

Spent three (3) nights at resort with family. Entrance is discrete and attractively landscaped—visually impressive fountain fronts the hotel. Valet was much better than advertised, as porte-cochere is very wide (enough places to stash cars). Front desk and concierge are easily found, but tucked away. Lobby is predominantly muted marble and very inviting. Lobby Lounge, sitting behind lobby, overlooking an open (concrete) space fronting the pool area, is a nice spot for drinks—service is prompt.

Rooms are certainly “Ritz Carlton” standard, but nothing to rave about. Flat screen televisions present well, but without HDTV (as with all hotels), who cares. Extremely comfortable bed and linens will put you to sleep quickly (in a good way). Separate shower and water closet make the bathroom. Get a suite on the Club Level and I can see spending a week here.

Grounds of the resort (including neighboring JW Marriot) make for nice walking environment—albeit a small area. Interestingly shaped pool provides dozens of private coves and is no more than 5.5 feet deep at center. Service is very good with staff taking direct ownership of problems/requests. Minor snafus occur, but such is life.

Club Lounge is long and narrow with half dozen or so sitting areas smartly separated by thoughtful furniture position. Club Lounge food and service is up to par and family friendly.

Area surrounding hotel is residential (conveniently replete with Starbuck, banks, Publix etc.). The Sea World family of theme parks are right down the road, and even Disney is only a 20-minute drive down I-4.

Overall, think very highly of the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes and will return.

1  Thank IADbound