I stayed at the Ritz Carleton Grande Lakes for 4 nights in early October while attending a conference held in the adjacent JW Marriott Grande Lakes. Having never stayed at a luxury property like this before I was not sure what to expect.
From the moment I checked in everything was perfect. I was handed an icy bottle of water to sip while they checked me in. The bellman who took my bags up pointed out where I could get coffee each day, as well as gave me directions to the location of my conference, he also offered to get me ice and adjust the thermostat for me. The Concierge was helpful on more than one occassion-arranging transportation and helping me locate a FedEx (in the JW Marriott FYI).
I did not eat any meals in the Ritz itself nor did I make use of the pool or spa. The JW is the sister hotel and they are connected by a walk-way. I ate and shopped there more because it was where I was spending my days no other reason though. The Ritz is a bit quieter than the JW but both are lovely and full of helpful staff.
The housekeeping service was amazing. My room was always cleaned and completey restocked with toiletries each day. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was large with a separate tub from the shower stall. It was beautful too which was a plus, and filled with extras like q-tips, shoe shine kits and makeup remover pads.
Every room has a balcony but try for a higher floor if you can swing it for the best view.
In the JW there are a number of quick service food options like Starbucks and a gourmet sandwich shop. You can charge to your room regardless of if you are staying in the JW or Ritz side which is convenient.
The only 2 minuses I have are wireless internet was not free. For what these rooms cost that is a shame. I stay at budget properties that don't charge for wireless...Also the hotels are not in walking distance to anything. You can go for a walk on their grounds but if you want to go for a walk to a shop or something you can't -it is on a major road that is not pedestrian friendly and public transit is non-existant in this location. With a car you are fine though and the hotel offers car service as well. I believe you are about 10-15 min from Universal and about 20-25 min from Disney.
If you can afford the Ritz I highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 500-acre nature inspired luxury resort is located 10 miles from Walt Disney World; 10 miles from Airport and 7 miles from Universal Orlando. Guests can enjoy on-site eco-tours, kayaking, fishing, tennis courts, championship golf course, award-winning spa with adult-only pool and dining by James Beard award-winning chefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Ritz Orlando
- The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes Florida