I recently stayed a weekend here with my husband who was working the NFL Owners meetings, and I got to tag along. This property was hidden, or so it seemed, away from the craziness of Disney, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Getting there, however, be prepared to encounter some traffic at any time of the day. The Ritz and JW Marriott are both located on the same property, which I found a bit odd, but am not sure why both hotels are right next to each other. The Ritz was your standard...beautiful lobby, excellent check-in service, nice, comfortable room. We had asked for a room with a queen/king sized bed, but were given a room with two double beds, which my husband and I kept joking that they gave us two twin beds to sleep in (they were small). We had a lovely balcony overlooking the golf course, and a little sitting area with a desk and chair. What I love about the Ritz is always the bathroom/shower, and the fact that they give you a refrigerator. Considering there was so much activity at the hotel, it was quiet, relaxing, and we were able to sleep. I visited the spa inside the JW Marriott. I was very impressed with the nice-sized gym that had plenty of machines, each with its' own TV, and they had a studio where they taught beginner's ballet. I was very impressed. The spa was lush and relaxing, and I had a prenatal massage there. I highly suggest taking advantage of it, especially the prenatal massage, as the spa uses Mamma Mio products, and you will be hooked. (The only problem was my masseuse would not stop talking and bossing me around about being pregnant and a mother - what is it with people having to give you their every opinion about having a child?) Anyhow, I'm sure the other services were fabulous, as well. We never left the hotel, and ordered room service the entire time. The food through room service was excellent, and naturally, one should be prepared to pay top dollar for a turkey burger. There is a very small shop located inside the Ritz, and they didn't seem to have much in terms of snacks or drinks, so I made the trek to the larger shop inside the JW, which also included a Starbucks. The lobby bar was very nice, but the service was a bit slow. I didn't get to check out the pool because it rained the entire time, but the grounds seemed to be beautiful and well-groomed, and I'm sure using the pools would have been a fabulous experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 500-acre nature inspired luxury resort is located 10 miles from Walt Disney World; 10 miles from Airport and 7 miles from Universal Orlando. Guests can enjoy on-site eco-tours, kayaking, fishing, tennis courts, championship golf course, award-winning spa with adult-only pool and dining by James Beard award-winning chefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Prestigia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Ritz Orlando
- The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes Florida