“We stayed for our wedding night”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #20 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Beverley, United Kingdom
“We stayed for our wedding night”
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I've had to mark that we stayed in March 2010 as it didn't go back any further, in fact we stayed there Feb 2010. We had travelled to Florida to stay at a private Villa near Kissimmee, which was stunning. We had planned our wedding ceremony to take place at Leu Gardens (a must see) and we booked to have a small Wedding Breakfast at the Ritz and for me and my new Husband to have our Wedding night here.

My parents in law had visited the hotel 3 months prior our stay to have a look and relayed back to us it's grandeur and quality service. I have to say we were not at all disappointed.

Our Limo dropped us off at the front door and we were tended to straight away.
The Hotel had no idea it was our wedding day due to the lapseness of the company we booked the holiday with not giving appropriate note and details of reason for visit. They were very surprised to see me stood there in my Wedding Dress.... However they sorted everything very quickly to accommodate the situation. We were given a free bottle of Champaign by the management and also I only really like to drinking rose wine, white zinfandel, and in the restaurant we ate in "The Vines" this was not on the list, however they knew they did have it in the building and sorted that they could get it from a different department. This they said they don't usually do but they had made an exception.

The food was very nice and the restaurant also very lush and a lovely setting. We had originally been sat near a group of businessmen that were in loud discussion, I asked to be moved to a more quiet area of which they did quickly and efficiently without any fuss.

The room also was vey grand and we were at the front of the hotel so we had the drive view which to be fair was still a pretty view which included the grounds and looked pretty on the eve with the lights all on. We had a business suite, which was not what i would have chosen for my Wedding night but again I was happy as it was all very grand. Again a fault of who we had booked with not relaying that it was in fact our Wedding Day.

Breakfast was again very nice and a great service, I couldn't fault the food at all or the service and it made us feel very special on our big day. I'm vegetarian and do have problems sometimes when abroad and choosing food as mostly menus can be limited and bland. Not the case here.

Our only issue we had was with one of the hotels drivers.... My Husband had checked in before we were due to have our ceremony and he and his father got one of the hotel cars to dive them to Leu Gardens. My Husband was 40mins late....... This was a shocking journey for him and very stressful and worrying for all of us as we were told under no circumstances be late due to the hire of the gardens..

They had set off a good hour before they were due at the gardens which was supposed to be a 30mins journey. The driver kept going the wrong route not following the sat nav and going round in circles..... On our return to the hotel after the ceremony a different driver arrived to collect my parents in law and he followed the Limo me and my husband were in. My parents in law were relieved it was a different driver and they told him of the story to which he was surprised and said to tell the hotel.

My husband reported the incident on arrival back at the hotel and said we would not be paying for that service. On check out, the service was still on the bill..... Meaning he had to go through the story again and explain we would not be paying for it.

We didn't pay for it....

All in all we loved our night here and had a nice walk around the grounds the following day. We also saw another wedding getting set up in the gardens there, this looked to be a huge grand American affair and looked stunning, I would imagine the bride and groom of that wedding will have had a magnificent day.

Even though the hotel didn't know it was our Wedding and we didn't have an actual Wedding suite or have our Wedding Breakfast pre booked, everything about the hotel and service made up for it .

We will be back to celebrate an anniversary in the future, we would be coming back now a year on, but we’ve only just been able to take our honeymoon which was our holiday for this year.
Maybe next year.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jadewilson81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 February 2011

I stayed here recently for a Friday to Sunday conference and it was nice to get away from the snow. The hotel property is gorgeous. Almost all of the staff is very friendly and courteous. They have several restaurants which provide a wide variety of food. The quality of the food is awesome, even what was provided for the conference. The rooms are nice and have balconies. There are extras one could expect from this level of hotel: an umbrella, two robes, a lint brush and a shoe polisher. The bathroom is well appointed with a separate shower and tub and a water closet. The tub unfortunately was a regular tub with no jacuzzi and the shower head was a fixed, sort of rainfall with medium pressure. This hotel is connected to the JW Marriott. The spa serves both hotels and closes at 7pm. So if you are on business that ends at 5pm you can only have one or two services and won't have much time to use other amenities there such as the sauna. Wi Fi is not free! There is golf and the pool during the day if you so choose as well as the surrounding area entertainment. There was nothing going on here at night. No music or anything in either hotel so if you like entertainment make your own plans.

Minneapolis
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Stayed at the Ritz for a conference. The service was great. Friendly and helpful staff. The room was large, had a nice balcony and the furniture was upscale.

While I didn't use the pool, I walked around the grounds. Very clean. But the hotel is geared towards adults and couples. While they have a kids area, you get the feeling this is a kids are to be seen, not heard type of place.

Finally, and this is a complaint I have about all of the Orlando Marriott properties, you have to pay for parking. Even the self park. It isn't like space is a premium. It is just another way to get a few bucks out of you. Haven't paid for parking at Hilton properties, but every Marriott...

But overall, a nice property.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank xy223yz
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed 1 February 2011

You are greeted with the fact that despite being in a low density, suburban, even not totally developed area, you must pay $17 per day to self park a block away and walk back uphill. How cheesy is that, along with the inconvenience of having to swipe in and out each time, the long walk etc.... ? Our room was fairly worn, although house keeping was pretty good (we tip every day). Our furnace/ac made a noise like a steel door slamming about every 5-10 minutes. The hotel had several nice areas to eat outside, but for some reason that the staff could not explain (they were confused by it also) they all closed before dinner. The real capper was when my wife (a physician) who was ill much of our stay, experienced some chest pains the morning of our check out thought it best that she rest up until we had to go to the airport. I had to personally go to the front desk 2x to plead for a 2 hour late check out. Several of the staff were a bit surly and not particularly helpful. Bottom LIne - there are a lot of choices in Orlando - you can do way better. Don't repeat our mistake (we won't).

4 Thank spj1
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 February 2011

The hotel staff was amazing and ready to help at any moment. The shofer service in the brand new Cadillac Escalade was nice as we didnt have to drive or get a cab for dinner and drink. He even came and picked us up when we were finished. The bar stayed open late and was very nice. Couldn't ask for better service and the bed was so cozy. Perfect stay in my opinion.

1 Thank JFILI73
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I guess having stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando recently could cloud my judgment, but I was totally unimpressed with the Orlando Ritz. The meeting and conference facilty was great, but as with any hotel of this supposed quality, attention to detail is what makes or breaks a place. As we pulled up to the valet, not one of the bellman moved to open our door or get our luggage. Granted, there was one car in front of us unloading, but it wasn't like it was super crazy busy. We proceeded to our room which we were told was recently remodelled and it was nice, but totally smelled like a steak. Everyday around dinner time our room completely smelled like food (we were in the same tower as the restaurant Norman's, which was fabulous by the way). Oh well, nothing we could do about that except move rooms but it wasn't worth the hassle. On Day 2 of our stay, we were in meetings and out of the room from 7am-4:30pm. I was looking forward to a quick nap before dinner but was disheartened to find that our room was just starting to be cleaned at 4:30pm. When I complained about this at the front desk they apologized and suggested that I should have asked for my room to be cleaned early in the day. (excuse me for thinking that it would've been done in the 10 hours we weren't there). So I sat in the lobby and didn't get to nap. Oh well. Other things-bed linens not on par with other Ritz properties I've stayed at, shampoo and bath products poor quality. Overall just not what I anticipated from a Ritz Carlton. Could've just stayed at the neighboring Marriott.

1 Thank BellaLV
ilkley yorkshire
Reviewed 26 January 2011

we stayed at the ritz carlton for five nights, including new years eve. We did the theme parks with my wifes 73 year old mother, who had a ball.

The hotel, whilst not the cheapest, is just great, with service that you pay for but just cannot beat. From the valet parking to the waitresses in the loby lounge, to the cleanliness of the rooms, everything was first class.

The firework display on new years eve rounded off a very good stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Orlando.

Ends: