Open today: 09:00 - 22:00

Book in advance
from
£160.46
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Universal Islands of Adventure
from £160.46
from £113.93
from £220.55
from £264.47
52,308 results
All reviews jurassic park islands of adventure harry potter water rides express pass universal studios spider man toon lagoon hulk ride seuss landing ripsaw falls skull island lost continent incredible hulk king kong ride both parks forbidden journey
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 April 2024 via mobile

The worst park in the world! Harry Potter attraction down, Harry Potter bike down, 2 hours waiting and blocked for nothing,. We decide to go to Jurassic Parc attraction, the Coaster OK but the River down, one hour waiting for nothing. After 5 hours one attraction!!!
I complain but the guest service gives us two fast tracks we have already bought!!!!
They don’t want to hear anything!!!
We are sad and very upset. Travelling from France for that experience!!!!never again!!!
Maintenance of this park should be very light!!!

1  Thank Connector94750
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Islands of Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2024

Hi there.
Thank you for your review. I am deeply sorry to hear of any disappointment you may have experienced regarding attraction wait times and downtimes. We have sophisticated attractions, which feature state-of-the-art, one-of-a-kind technology; this occasionally results in ride downtimes, which cannot always be diagnosed and repaired immediately. In those instances, we devote all of our resources to restoring affected attractions to operational status as soon as safely possible. Please be assured that your feedback has been formally documented and will be reviewed by the proper leadership teams. We would like to hear more from you. At your convenience, please contact our Guest Services Team at 407-224-4233, or GuestServices@universalorlando.com, and provide your username. Thank you for your time, and I hope you will consider visiting us again.
- Victoria

Reviewed 22 April 2024

During our trip to Universal Orlando Resort in early February of this year, my girlfriend and I planned to visit Islands of Adventure on Friday the 2nd, which was when Jurassic Park River Adventure was meant to reopen following its standard refurbishment. Being a huge Universal fan, I have researched the best days to go, and monitored the reopening dates for each attraction with the information available online. However, just to be sure, once we arrived to the park the day prior, we went to City Walk to ask employees there if the attraction was going to reopen the next day. Unfortunately, no one could give us a straight answer, but said that it should be open per their schedule. Come the day of our visit, we entered the park and went through our day, entering via Marvel Superhero Island and moving from island to island as we experienced every attraction. However, come the time to go on Jurassic Park River Adventure, we notice that it is indeed closed. We were referred to the Customer Service kiosk at MSHI for more information, which is where we met Haley.

Our tickets were only valid for two days, and we hadn't purchased Park Hopper tickets either, meaning that we either had to ride it that day, or come back another time. It was my girlfriend's first time at the parks, and I knew that JP was an iconic must-see attraction, so I was pretty bummed that it was a very real possibility that we wouldn't be able to ride it, especially since Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges was also closed, another attraction that is near and dear to me. Explaining the situation and elaborating on the steps I had taken to try and ensure that our experience was optimized, she delegated the task to another person working at the stand, who hadn't understood our situation as well and simply offered to upgrade our ticket to Park Hopper for the standard additional fee. We unfortunately had to refuse due to the purchase being out of budget for us, and began walking back to Toon Lagoon, bummed out and disappointed. However, to our surprise, we had failed to notice Haley following us and motioning us to follow her, which we did, not sure what to expect. We had a lovely talk, and she reassured us that she was going to do her best to accommodate us, relating to our situation. She led us to the main Customer Service building situated at the entrance to Port of Entry, where she met with Kira and explained the situation to her. After a moment of waiting, they had asked us for our names and had given us a gift that made our entire trip: we each received two brand-new Park Hopper tickets each! I was left speechless; what was about to be a huge letdown ended up becoming my favorite visit to Universal Orlando Resort ever, and it's all thanks to the compassion, understanding and friendliness of those two wonderful team members. I was floored, I even offered to buy them something just to say thank you. Thanks to them, we were able to experience every attraction and show from both parks, with the exception of Popeye's and the Jurassic World VelociCoaster, which was shut down due to a major issue (from what I read online after the fact). Haley and Kira are outstanding members of the Universal team, and they deserve all the praise they can get.

Date of experience: February 2024
2  Thank Michael A
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Islands of Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2024

Hi Michael!

Thank you for your review! I am so thrilled to hear that Haley and Kira were able to assist you and turn your experience around with us. I know how important your vacation time is, and in times when our attractions experience downtimes, we devote all of our resources to restoring affected attractions to operational status as soon as safely possible. Our Team Members are truly amazing and I would be happy to send your kind words over to them and their management teams for proper recognition! I hope you were able to enjoy my favorite restaurant, Mythos Restaurant. We hope to see you again soon!

-Laura

Reviewed 22 April 2024 via mobile

I keep visiting this park and each and every time we make the effort to get up early, make the treck to the entrance gate, do the stampede to Hagrids to beat the queues, only for them to say that Hagrid (ie the ONLY ride that people want to ride first thing) is not in operation!!! This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME!!...are Universal so inept at what they do that they can't get the ONLY worthwhile ride up at running for when the park opens?

Universal are charging £150 to get in and are raking MILLIONS a day from paying customers and they are so useless that they cannot simply get operators in early to test the ride and get it working so the thousands who've made the effort to come early can get to ride it without waiting for 3 hours later in the day.

SHAME ON UNIVERSAL for caring so little about the very people who keep their Company afloat!!

And this is the company who want to build a park in the UK? What a joke....the Brits will never accept paying £150 to get I to a park which is run so poorly but amateurs who cannot get rides open when the park opens.

My advice to paying guests...dont bother paying to go to a Universal Hotel to get early park entrance as its a complete waste of time as you'll be stuck for that extra hour in a queue that never moves as the rides aren't being opened on time.

Utter shambles of a place.

2  Thank spenspuma

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit. I apologize for the various experiences you described that caused you to leave our resort feeling disappointed. Please rest assured that these concerns have been documented, so they may be shared with the appropriate leadership teams in the parks. If you would like to discuss your visit further, please contact our Guest Services Department at 407-224-4233 or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com and reference your review username. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2024

The velocicoaster is the best rollercoaster I’ve ever been in. Several of the other rides are great as well. Several other aspects of the park make it a far subpar experience than Disney. The entrance to the park is a total cluster with nobody really even being able to see all the entrance lines. A lot of the walking areas in park are too narrow, making it seem wildly crowded. The staff is wildly unhelpful and borderline rude AF.
Unclear where lockers are, when they are needed, what needs to go in them, where extra lockers are. Staff is messing with phones and joking with friends instead of working.
Ordering food is abysmal. Because of unhelpful/not enough employees. Unclear when mobile order can be used and how to actually pickup as they never tell you when it’s ready.
I’ll rush to head back to Disney but never need to come here again

1  Thank Wesley J

Hello Wesley,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your most recent trip to Universal Islands of Adventure. We train our Team Members to assist our Guests in a professional and courteous manner and I sincerely apologize for any inconsistency you may have experienced during your visit. Please rest assured that this feedback as well as the other concerns you mentioned will be shared further with the appropriate leadership teams for their review. If you would like to discuss your visit further, please contact our Guest Services Department at 407-224-4233 or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com and reference your review username. I hope you will choose to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2024

I highly recommend NOT purchasing an express pass. After speaking to guest services I was told that the express pass should cut the wait times in 1/2. That was not our experience since the posted wait times were not accurate. For example our friends waited 25 min for gringotts with a posted time of 35min (without express pass). With express it was about 20 min. At $200 a pass, that not much value! At Disney we paid ~$25 per genie+ and lines that were 45-60 min took ~5-10min.

Express pass also doesnt work at Hagrids motorbike ride.

In addition staff were not friendly. Overall not a positive experience other than the actual HP rides, even though the waits were long.

1  Thank Paul N