We arrived at the hotel mid afternoon and checked in no problem. Looking around the lobby area it was all very modern and tasteful. Therefore my expectations were going to be the same for our room we had booked. Walking into the room it was clear to see the decor was dated and needed refreshing. I wasn't overly concerned as we were there to enjoy the nearby parks (universal, seaworld, wet 'n wild etc) which with this hotel's location is ideal with walking distance to wet 'n wild, universal and a short bus ride away from seaworld and aquatica.
The next morning we were feeling refreshed after a comfortable night's sleep. Walked down to have our complimentary breakfast only to discover there was a serious lack of variety. A choice of White or brown bread. Pre packed bagels. Two types of cereal. And every other day waffles, which you have to make yourself and queue over 15 minutes for only to find it's not really worth it.
The maid service was ok. They replenished the toiletries, towels and made the bed. However, they failed to note the infestation of ants in the bathroom that would crawl along the wall by the basin up to the shelf where the towels were stored.
As for service on the front desk, they did their job checking you in and out ok, but having the knowledge with regards to the nearby theme parks and travel information was seriously lacking. They knew nothing about the free shuttle bus to Busch Gardens, which they had leaflets for in the lobby. Nor travel information to Seaworld, which is simply to use the I-Ride. As for the free shuttle bus provided by the hotel to Universal and Disney. We did not use either of these services as the shuttle to Universal is at 10.15 in the morning which is too late as the park opens at 9 which means all you will encounter is queues by the time you get there. Not to mention there is no return shuttle service when you have finished for the day in the park, meaning you have to make your own way back at your expense.
If you are looking for a hotel with great location, comfortable beds and views across the lake to wet 'n wild then this place is ideal for you. If you are expecting a lavish breakfast then you will be sorely disappointed. No eggs or bacon. Just a lot of bread. I would suggest going down the road for breakfast at one of the many restaurants offering all all you can eat breakfast buffet, which is far better value for money. Also double check how thoroughly the room and bathroom gets cleaned just in case of any insect infestation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offers: All Rooms are Lakeview offering Double Queen Beds or Kings. Free use of Microwave/Refrigerator. Free Cont'l Breakfast. Free Transfer to Magic Kingdom. Free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn International Drive Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Ramada International Drive Orlando
- Ramada Orlando
- Ramada Inn Orlando
- Ramada Plaza Resort And Suites Orlando International Drive Florida