“Really great hotel. Spotlessly clean, very comfortable beds...”

Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive
Ranked #224 of 341 Hotels in Orlando

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaIdrive, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Stayed three nights.
Similar things to say about it as most people here. Lifts were terrible, breakfast not great, room ok, pool inadequate, staff not attentive. Worst thing is the con over executive pool facilities.
Having said that, the rooms were adequate and the location, right on I Drive, nice with a pretty lake to the rear of the property.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sean T,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest thoughts! We are pleased that you chose the Ramada as your place to stay while in Orlando. As much as we do not like to hear that our guests had some troubles occur during their time here, we are appreciative of you suggestions! Thank you and we hope to see you again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The room we were in was in the south tower. The bathroom door constantly got stuck and my kids were trapped in there several times, so I had to push from the outside to get them out. Don't get me started on the elevators. It took an unbelievable amount of time for the elevators to actually reach you. The elevator was creaky and one time I actually got stuck in the elevator no matter how many times I pushed the "door open" button. The air condition in the room was also extremely loud and it was extremely difficult to sleep. The front desk/management don't care about your complaints either. There weren't any towels whenever we visited to the pool, so we had to go back to our rooms soaking wet because of the lack of service at the pool. I would not recommend this hotel. Overall, it was over priced for the room I received.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cocoe8765

Dear cocoe8765,
Thank you for your feedback on the Ramada! It is very disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your stay while at this hotel. As the guest relations manager, I would like to apologize on the behalf of the Ramada for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay. Thank you and I apologize once again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

no issues with our room in the new tower. it was nice and comfy. when I did the reservation I wanted to stay in the new rooms. after doing the reservation I called to confirm that the requested room was in the new tower. what I did not like was the breakfast the are was little bit messy with lack of service in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: if there are 4 people ask to please locate you in the new building. You'll be satisfied. or at l...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jenn D,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us with your feedback on the Ramada. Our staff here gladly appreciates your kind words as well as your suggestions. As for your complaints, I will be sure to report them to the respective department as soon as possible to be examined immediately. Thank you once again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Overall disappointed. just ok sums it up. prefer the other end of I drive but nice restaurants within walking distance so that was ok. My main complaints are:
#huge problems with room key. literally every day and as you needed the key to work to access the lift it was a major pain. I had a track worn to reception for my keys to be reset.... and met many complaining of same thing.
#sometimes not enough towels left and hard to get new ones.
#not enough seats at pool which got v crowded esp late aft.
#breakfast was poor. we were in the new tower and on checking in were directed to the wrong place for breakfast...... took a few days to figure out floor 2 in the new block was where we should be. it was marginally better than 1st floor breakfast but not great.
#bar closed before 10pm so no possibility of relaxing in the bar after dinner out which was annoying.
#the blurb for the hotel leads you to believe the rooftop pool is for anyone with a suite... but its only for the top 2 floors. the photos for this area are really misleading.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Val1503,
Thank you for your feedback on the Ramada! It is very disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your stay while at this hotel. As the guest relations manager, I would like to apologize on the behalf of the Ramada for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay. Thank you and we hope you will give us another chance to show you what the Ramada is truly made of!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Made the reservation on line and ask for a room in the newer tower

We got there early and the room that was set for use was not ready and we giving a room down the hall not a problem I thought ...we went the floor and could not find the room went back to front desk and ask where the room was and was told I'm sorry your in the south tower not the north tower... Ok went to the south tower and found the room elevators for the south tower popped and creaked all the way up ,walk way was in bad need of being resurfaced, the room was very dated looking the only thing that was updated was a flat screen tv ,the tub shower dripped the whole time we were there ,toilet was slow to drain, the sink was slow to drain,carpet was not as clean as it should have been, had to ask all 3 nights for wash cloths none we're replace other items were, the remote stopped working .
The staff at the front desk did not seem to concern about anything
The hotel is close to a lot of things to do and see
There is demo going on for some things in the south tower but I hate to say it may be a little to late for me I will look elsewhere next time I'm down that way,don't take me wrong the newer tower is really nice and I knew that going and ask for it for that reason but I'm not the only person that made comments about the shape the south tower is in and lack of concerns that the front desk seem to have had about the comments on the south tower. Overpriced for what we got this time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julian P

Dear Julian P,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts on the Ramada. As the guest relations manager, I would like to apologize greatly for the miscommunications. I will be sure to speak to staff and the respected department immediately to ensure nothing like this will occur in the future. I hope you will give us a second chance in showing you how great this hotel truly is! I apologize once again, and thank you for your time.