“Pool closes too early and never enough towels in the pool...”

Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive
Ranked #235 of 337 Hotels in Orlando

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed in a club suite with family for almost two weeks, this hotel could have plenty going for it , but it needs a serious review of its operations in my opinion , first I stayed in the new tower which is spotless clean from top to bottom, reception is clean, bright, but more functional than beautiful , the reception staff are not so much poor but all seem to be just disinterested , and I had many trips to reception due to the electronic keys which stopped working almost every other time you went to your room door, regardless of where they would be stored like near or not to credit cards etc, this brings me to the next point which is you will probably give ten mins or more unless you strike it very lucky to get a lift to your floor , then find the key doesn't work and then wait ten more to get back to reception etc, etc, the club suites are two rooms of average size , fridge, coffee making, microwave, and pull out sofa bed if the kids want separate room, again they are fine , kept spotless by our housekeeper on the 11th floor who was very nice and helpful always, club level boasts access to roof top pool and bar area, this was a lovely area with sun beds and roof top pool and pool, the pool be warned is very small, it's more a splash pool , it's about fourteen foot square and four feet deep, that said its a nice area, back down to the lobby and you have a lounge bar just off the Loobey area, again nice clean area but be warned it closes at ten at night so if you fancy a night cap after the parks this ain't the hotel for you, when I did manage a cold beer here it was served by a very nice barman, he was always doing card tricks and joking with the kids, he was alone in this sense on the ground floor, also when you return late from parks expect to drive and drive around the car park and if your lucky you get a space, finally on check out I was asked did I use the electronic safe in my room which I did and so was charged per night for this, that is a first ever for me I have to say , however it was promptly pointed out to me it terms and conditions I signed on check in ! , pity the were not as efficient on check in to have done the same , overall this has more of a motel than resort feel to it, the location is good for universal, it's no different than many others for Disney parks, it's fine here but I reckon you need to be better than fine with the number of hotels available in this area, it's certainly not the worst but it's pretty much in the middle I figure, shop around.

Room Tip: If your using the roof pool floor twelve might be a bonus
2 Thank Colin B
RamadaIdrive, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Colin B,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest thoughts! We are pleased that you chose the Ramada as your place to stay while in Orlando. As much as we do not like to hear that our guests had some troubles occur during their time here, we are appreciative of you suggestions! Thank you and we hope to see you again.
Orlando
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great hotel (still under construction in some areas) but rooms were clean and spacious, pool area was amazing, plenty of clean towels and chairs; breakfast was good as there was always a little bit of everything for all tastes; excellent location!!

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

RamadaIdrive, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Lorena D,
Thank you for your review on the Ramada! Our staff is very pleased to know you enjoyed your time while staying at this wonderful hotel. Thank you for the lovely five star rating overall, as well as in each category. We hope to see you soon and thank you once again!
Orlando
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Worst experience ever at a Ramada. Didn't have our reservation or that of 2 other guest. Took 2 hrs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Umair A,
Thank you very much with providing us with your thoughts on the Ramada. As much as we don't like to hear that our guests did not enjoy their stay, we are very appreciative of your honesty. Thank you once again.

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I'm used to staying in this hotel since 1997, traveling every year, sometimes on a business trip and most of the time traveling with the family, and during these years I ended up as a frequent guest and hence known to the staff, and some them remain there today.
This hotel is in a good location, but during these years was getting worn by time, (I mean the old tower), was when one of my lodgings accompanied the start of construction of the new north tower, I was happy to know about this new business.On my last hosting could feel that it was worth it to wait for the new tower, a very comfortable and beautiful hotel.
Completing this feedback which was sent by the hotel own website can not fail to mention the name of two employees in which I have known since that year and ended up having the respect and consideration of them, MARGIE who was always very polite and helpful for me and my family and I believe that in today she works on management, and the maintenance friend JERRY who besides being very friendly always treated me very well, also at times when i needed. This is what i have to say in this feedback.
I hope everyone understands the purpose of this hotel.
And yes i recommend it !

6 Thank SamLawEnforcement
Dear SamLawEnforcement,
We would like to thank you for choosing the Ramada as you place to get away while in Orlando, even way back then! Our city offers a plentiful amount of activities and it is good to know that you took advantage of the location of the hotel! We are pleased to know you enjoyed your overall stay, and we hope you will join us again soon. Thank you!
Junction City, Kansas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have stayed in many chain hotels but this was my first at Ramada as I have always heard good reviews about it. This hotel at Orlando was a disaster, as you enter what you see is not necessarily what you get. If I write in details about my experience, I fear the anger might get overwhelming, so I will only list the experience. Back tower of the hotel is a hot mess, we got a room where the room key would not work and were only moved after three days of changing the key and hassle from the 12th floor. The bathroom roof was leaking. Got stuck in the elevator on three separate occasions, how can a hotel run a dilapidated elevator that was last inspected in Sept 2013? Ridiculous! The breakfast was very low grade, however everything I suggest you inspect your room if you have a reservation in a room in the back tower.

The room walls there are so thin that we had to deal with a roommate with what felt like tons of kids screaming around 11 pm. Even during not so busy hours the receptionists are less work and more chatty, so you will find yourself waiting for a while.

Overall I don't think I am staying at this Ramada again. Oh and remember if you use the safe in the room, you have to pay. something they don't really highlight too much. And the AC noise actually kept waking me up every time it turned on. I could only laugh about my experience if I wanted to move past it and forget it. This is not what one expects from a Ramada Suites!

Room Tip: Please make sure you do not get a room in the second tower, I am surprised with the amount of noise...
1 Thank Rohini R