“Unfriendly”

Cypress Pointe Resort
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Arrived for an 11 night stay at a three bed lock-out. Greeting was the worse I have ever received. The reception team really didnt want to be there.
We were expecting twin beds in our 3 bedroom suite but there was onlt double beds. When queried with reception I was told they dont have rooms with twin beds! So why advertise this? I wouldnt have stayed there. This meant I have to share double bed with my teenage son. Not great.
Next surprise, no free wi fi. The internet connection is chargeable PER DEVICE!. With 3 teenagers, not brilliant. Also, it's not cheap and it's slow. There are also no computers on site; you have to travel across the road to twin site.
The suite was spacious and everything worked excess the main shower was as powerful as a gnat peeing. The suite was clean. The beds sheets were only changed once in 11 days which I find unacceptable.
The whole complex was clean and tidy and the pool was great. It's large enough and ranges from 3ft to 5ft deep which is great for kids.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank raymond d
Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Lovely resort, great accom and location. Not a friendly greeting. And housekeeping nags you on departure day. 10 am departure begins with knocking starting at 8:30 and continues periodically. Really?

Pool, location is nice and little cafe is meticulously run.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Robbie G
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have stayed many times at the Cypress Pointe Grand Villas, this is across the street and typically we rent the 2 bedroom. Extremely good value for what you get. It seems the name may have changed to Diamond Cypress Pointe Grand Villas, anyway I booked Cypress Pointe, and I was a bit disappointed with the room. Quite small for a suite, no couch only a desk chair and bed to sit on. Tub was at the end of the bed and shower in the corner. I was with my daughter which meant I needed to leave the room while she got ready. Toilet was behind the only door in the room so that was ok. Fridge was warm and although there was a microwave there were no glasses, plates or cutlery ...

Room Tip: Even # face the pool, looks good but noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jim Y
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My family and I stayed here in July 2014 for 2 weeks as a timeshare exchange.
There were four of us staying in a three bedroom / three bathroom apartment, ( 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom plus 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom lock off with connecting door).
Check in and out quick and easy.
Plenty of car parking right next to the apartment.
We stayed on the top floor (2 flights of stairs) which really was no problem at all (lots of previous reviews found this a problem) - you only have to take your suitcases up and down once per stay, and after that it's just good exercise (but I guess elderly or disabled people would need to request a ground floor apartment).
Cypress Pointe is a lovely resort. The apartment was clean and tidy and very spacious. Grounds were lovely and very well kept. Good kitchen facilities and a washing machine and tumble dryer was very useful.
We had a problem on the first night with one of the balcony doors not locking. We rang down and a maintenance man came up and fixed it straight away.
All staff very polite and helpful.
Pool area good, however a few more beds would've been nice.

Previous reviews have moaned about the lack of cleaning service....
We stayed for 2 weeks and a maid came in after the first week and totally cleaned the apartment and changed bed linens etc etc. This suited me. I'm happy to make my own bed every day and put my own rubbish in the bin - not sure why others aren't and want this done for them !!!

A couple of supermarkets just around the corner. Plenty of restaurants close by. Easy access onto International Drive, 192 or I4.
And very close to all Disney attractions and Universal :-)

My only negative was the cost to use the wifi. So many resorts offer this for free these days.

I would definitely recommend this resort to others.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Melanie G
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over Halloween and it was lovely and clean. The staff were lovely, upon finding we had just got engaged they gave us a lovely bottle of sparkling wine and balloons. The bed was comfy, the towels and other items were replaced when needed and the bathrooms were spotless. This is something I look for in a place. Great location with food places not far by, and close to Disney World

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Rubycuts
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were the week of July 14, it's a nice place to stay except for the security guards at the pool and the front desk was not very friendly. Guards once they pick on certain kids he picked on them the entire time, even though they werent doing anything wrong.
We had a towels stolen from the pool, we left for about 30 minutes and while we were gone someone started was using the chairs and claimed that there were no towels on the chairs when they got there our bags were sitting there too but nothing was missing from them (needless to say part of there party was at the pool the entire morning while we were there) I went to the front desk but they couldn't help, so where was the security quard when that happened. I watched him get onto a few kids and then when others where doing it the same thing he ignored them. My theory is if one gets in trouble they should all get in trouble so stand outside and monitor it at all times.
The resort was clean and our rooms were nice, but some of the people working there were not very friendly.
WI-FI was very expensive, so if you need wifi don't expect to use it here. My question is what goes on with all the maintainance fees that is paid. WI-FI isn't that expensive to offer to all customers.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms are best
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Luvtogo67
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had a 3 bedded apartment on the 3rd floor. There are no lifts which may be an issue for some. The 3 bedded apartments are basically a 2 bedded and single with the connecting door opened. It was confusing for the first night but soon got used to it. All the rooms are double/king-sized beds. This was a bit frustrating as what would have suited us far more was having a room with twin singles instead. Even if that had a bed type which could be singles or joined as a double would make more sense.

The accommodation was a reasonable size and had everything we needed. There are room safes which are charged at $1.06 per night for using. The air conditioning I found to be a bit noisy. This may be to do with having the two apartments open as each one has its own system and they did seem to "work" one after the other which meant during the night one was always chugging away (or whatever they do). Only really an issue the first night as with everything like that it becomes a familiar noise.

The resort facilities include a small cafe, cheap and cheerful, if a bit slow. Games rooms (various penny machines), basketball court. The pool was a fair size, has water slides and a feature volcano. There is a jacuzzi which I went into once (the water was so hot it was unbearable in the Florida heat. The volcano spouts water up and apart from that has no real purpose other than to take up space! There were always chairs available whenever we turned up. However, worth noting that there are two "tented" areas with chairs in. These got snapped at very early. (no idea what time as we were never at the pool before 10). Annoyingly despite signs saying no towels on chairs the "tented" area often seem to be taken by towels rather than real people.

For us the location of the property was everything. Within simple and quick driving to both Disney and Universal. So easy we ditched the sat-nav within a couple of days. There are many restaurants within walking distance. Within 5 minute walk there was

a decent Italian (can't recall name),
a steak 'n shake (dreadful levels of staff cover, really struggled to cope when we were there.)
Macaroni Grill
Chilli's
Sizzler
Chinese Buffet place
Indian
A Sonneys (closed for renovation)
A Millers Ale House ( a favourite haunt of ours)

within 10 minutes walk you can reach

A dennys
TFI
Argentinian Steak House
Fudruckers
MacD
Burger King
Uno

and frankly many more than I can remember

It was great not to have to drive to eat.

There is also a Walgreens within 5 minutes as well as a Winn Dixie just to the right

All in all we enjoyed staying there and would recommend it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family