Awful. Just awful.
Apparently, I didn't check the reviews for this place out when booking our stay, because if I had, I would NOT have stayed there.
Our party decided to make the road trip down to Orlando with one purpose in mind: visit the Universal Studios (specifically, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter). We discovered this Ramada through the Universal website as an affiliated hotel, and found that the overall trip (hotel and Universal tickets) would be much more affordable than buying the tickets and a different hotel separately. I will never make the mistake of being undiscriminating with my hotel choices again, as we were all extremely disappointed with our stay.
The funny thing is, we had just come from staying at a relatively poor hotel in Panama City Beach, but after staying at this Ramada, our memories of PCB became a little bit more rose-colored.
- Front desk staff is incredibly understaffed.
- Room was TINY. How they squeezed two beds, desk, armchair, and a dresser into that unit is beyond me.
- We walked into the room and immediately noticed a puddle of water underneath the A/C unit near the window. We're talkin' squishy carpet here, folks. I thought it might have been because the window was open during the storms that had taken place the day before, but it was clearly from something else. We called the front desk to have someone repair it, and the following day (!!!) a guy came in with a stack of towels and just handed them to a member of our party. Problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
- The pool was absolutely disgusting. I'm pretty sure that it was/is 99% urine, 0.9% rain water, and 0.1% pool chemicals.
- THE SHUTTLE. As I mentioned earlier, we travelled to Orlando with the sole purpose of going to Universal Studios. We stayed here because of its Universal affiliation, and the promise of having a free shuttle to the parks. Not only was it two hours late, but the hotel staff failed to mention to anyone that it had broken down on the way to pick all of us up, leaving us to just sit outside in the 100 degree heat.
We brought all of this up to the Front Desk staff when we checked out, hoping that they could take some money off, or apologize, or SOMETHING. We were met with defensiveness and the knowledge that their staff is unable to do any sort of financial adjustments (ridiculous) so we'd have to wait to be contacted by a manager. We didn't hear from the manager until a few days later, when he graciously offered to refund our entire stay.
Okay, so the only good thing about our stay was that we didn't have to pay for it. Awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the Ramada Convention Center I-drive Orlando and you'll stay close to all major central Florida attractions while enjoying popular amenities such as free high-speed Internet access and more. Located just 2 miles from Universal Studios, SeaWorld Orlando, and only five miles from Walt Disney World, this hotel offers unparalleled convenience. The Orange County Convention Center is only 1 mile away. You can take care of your shopping needs at Florida Mall or The Mall at Millenia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn Convention Center i-Drive Hotel Orlando
- Ramada Inn Orlando
- Ramada Inn i Drive
- Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center Florida