“Overall Mediocre” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #292 of 335 Hotels in Orlando

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Our ship was delayed docking in Tampa so we missed our flight home. Only flight the next day was out of Orlando so forced to find a hotel room last minute during school vacation. I had tried several others in the area only to find out everything was sold out or price gouged.
The least expensive was this Ramada Inn off of International Drive very close to Universal and Disne and airport. It was acceptable ONLY because it was last second and only one nite. I would not stay here for any other reason.
Our room was very outdated, but clean. Bathroom was clean but had NO water pressure to speak of, if the property hadn't had a shower head on that massaged I don't think I would have been able to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. Beds were in need of updated mattresses as they were very noisy and too soft. Air conditioners were very loud. It said smoking room but did not smell of smoke. The property was clean. Quiet. Front desk staff very accommodating and nice. Even though phone was ringing off the hook and people trying to talk to him while I was engaged with him.
Breakfast was included the next morning and was good.

Room Tip: Our room was 240, very close to elevator but far enough away. Looked over parking lot. But then aga...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RamadaCCIDGM, Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for your comments. Although I wish we could have left you with a better feeling for our hotel, I am very very happy that you experienced a CLEAN product and had good service. We have been working hard over the last three months on improving these points and we all feel it is really showing. We will continue to improve and maybe on your next trip to Orlando you will be pleasantly surprised at our continual improvement. I have dispatched our maintenance man to clean or replace the shower head in room 240. Thank you for mentioning the room number in your review.
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I loved this hotel. It exceeded all my expectations. The crew is kind, the rooms are safe and clean and the breakfast is good. Mario, the guy who sells the tickets for the parks is an excellent person and will help a lot everyone who go to this hotel!
I would just point that I could not access the wifi from my room, so every time that I wanted to use internet, I had to go downstairs, but even though it was fine!
Great option, not expensive, good location, good environment. If you are planning to stay in hotel not so expensive and with great services, this is the one!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

RamadaCCIDGM, Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for your review. I will be sure to let Mario know his efforts are appreciated. We are all very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I would like to let you know that we are working to upgrade our Wifi service as well. So, please remember us on your next trip to Orlando.
Youngstown, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The room was very small, and there were no blankets. The shuttle to Sea World ran once at 11:30 and pick up was 7:00 only. We considered changing motels, and inquiries were made to that effect, but we did not say we were leaving, nor did we check out, however, upon arriving back to motel the room had been totally cleaned , and all our soap, etc. had been disposed of and our food was disposed of also. Eventually, we did check out Friday the 20th, due to inclement weather, etc. I would suggest that you possibly put a tutorial of the rooms, so one canb view them beforehand. Ramda Inns used to be one of the top inns in America, I do not knpow what has happened to them.Sorry.Only majority opt TV channels were Spanish, not enough stations

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello and thank you for writing. I am sorry we fell short of your expectations. We do have blankets, and even spare blankets. So, I am not sure what happened with your blanket request. Thank you for posting what days you were here so I may address the specific employees that were working on those days. In prior months, we were having problems with cleanliness, but it appears that our housekeeper was over zealous in cleaning your room. That is also not our standard. We will be certain to address it in the next staff meeting. I am certain that our hotel will continue to improve. Please stop by on your next visit to Orlando.

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed here as part of universal package. Room was clean. Beds were comfortable. Service was good, everyone was friendly. Only issue was elevator wasn't working so we had to walk the three flights of stairs. (After being at universal all day that really sucked).

Breakfast was wonderful. Nice selection with healthy choices. I am on a strict diet so this is a big plus for us.

They offer a free shuttle to attractions. This was the only downside. shuttle was packed with standing room only. The first guy was nice and funny, he made up for the cramped bus. Second guy was rude, and we had to wait along time to be picked up and brought back to room. I know it is an outside company that does the service but it was not a good experience.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
RamadaCCIDGM, Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for writing. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We have been working hard to improve our product and service. I will be sure to share your comments with our Shuttle service manager, with the hope we can improve that process for future guests.
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My trip to Orlando in Feb. 2014 we stayed at this Ramada everything was great except for a couple of minor things like I could not get the WiFi to work on my laptop and the night before we left the elevator was not working which was an inconvience being on the third floor and having to use the stairs upon checkout. overall it was a very pleasant stay. Nice location and great staff and very comfortable beds and very clean. We enjoyed it very much.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

RamadaCCIDGM, Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you were happy with your stay. We are having intermittent problems with our WiFi. We just purchase one major new piece of equipment and are having another technician come in tomorrow to (hopefully) eliminate our problems. Our elevator is working well. When we have problems it is usually when we have groups in house and they are friendly enough with one another to pack tightly into the elevator. It then shuts off as a safety precaution. This is the only situation we have had over the last 3 months with our elevator. We are working hard to improve our product and should be even better by your next visit to Orlando.