“Left clothes in the closet but not able to get back since April/14 kept calling”
Review of Rosen Plaza Hotel

Rosen Plaza Hotel
Ranked #88 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
London, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My granddaughter left her leather jacket and Birkenstock shoes and a few other items as well as something of mine. We called the same day we left April 30/14 as we were on the road when we remembered that we left items behind. Her mom called and the Rosen office said no problem they found them and that they would ship them to us and her mom gave them an address and to this day now Aug 5/14 we have yet to receive anything. I had called numerous times and the person looking after this area never there although I did speak to people and left my number but she never called me back and I have yet to speak to the woman. I still would like to receive these items. They did say that after a certain amount of time they throw things out but since I have been calling since we left I am hoping my granddaughter can still receive her clothes.
A disappointed guest although our stay was excellent this was the bad part of our trip.
Eva

Room Tip: Check everywhere for your Items/clothes before you leave or you will never get them back.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Eva154995,

I am sorry to read you are having difficulty with obtaining your lost items. Please feel free to contact me in the event that you can not reach someone at reception.

Stacia Orock
Social Media Concierge
Office Address: 9939 Universal Blvd. Orlando, Florida 32819
Email: SOrock@RosenHotels.com
Phone: 407.996.9939 | Fax: 407.996.3157

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Cape Cod
Reviewed 4 August 2014

1. The staff at the Rosen plaza were all extremely professional and helpful.
2. The restaurant and quick service food were both good and reasonably priced.
3. The rooms are clean and spacious.
4. The maid service was timely.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lthenn
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
That is so awesome to hear, Lthenn.

Thank you very much for the awesome review of the hotel.

If you are back in Orlando in the future, we would love to have you back.

Thanks again,

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently stayed here for a few days for a wedding. The hotel was very nice and had pretty much anything you'd need. My only complaint was that the gold accent cover at the bottom of the bed had what looked like pen marks. As in a little child most likely got bored and drew with blue pen on it. I don't know if whoever was cleaning the room noticed or not. I currently work in hotels so you tend to notice things like that. Other than that the room was great! I would definitely stay here again! I also LOVED the smell of the shampoo/conditioner/body wash! The food for the wedding was also DELICIOUS!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christine S
Thank you so much, Christine S!

I’m happy you let us know as this is something that we need to ensure is fixed right away.

Thanks for the kind review. We appreciate it and you for taking the time to do it.

We know that South Carolina isn’t the closest trip, but we would love to have you back in the future.

Safe travels!

Columbia, MD
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Rosen Plaza Hotel was a pleasant surprise as lodging for a recent convention. It is well-situated on International Drive with a wide variety of restaurants and a Walgreen's pharmacy within easy walking distance. My room on the 3rd floor was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The A/C was a bit noisy, but it was "white noise" that helped mask other sound. Beds were comfortable, as were chairs in room. The front desk and maid service staff was friendly and helpful. The meeting rooms were also comfortable. I had my own WiFi connection with me so cannot judge the quality of the hotel internet service. Because of the convention the room rates were excellent, $99/night excluding various taxes and fees. So it easily merits 4 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank moudan
Thanks a million, moudan.

We are very appreciative of your kind review.

Please visit us again soon.

New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I can think of no better word to describe this hotel than "Average". I could find nothing about it that was outstanding, either positive or negative, but if you are looking for a place to stay that provides clean, beige rooms, average amenities and a fair price, it fits the bill. After all, sometimes all you want is "no surprises" when you are traveling. I will say the staff was always polite and helpful and there are six elevators so we never had to wait long for one. However, the free wifi was very undependable and slow, and it kept cutting off when working online.
I was there for a conference, and the meeting rooms/facilities were perfectly fine and functional; again nothing special. My companion spent some time at the pool, which was big enough (and clean) and had lots of lounge chairs, so was not overcrowded. I did not eat at either restaurant in the hotel, so can't comment on the food. The nice thing is, there are many, many restaurants within walking distance from which to choose. The location on International Drive is convenient to SeaWorld and you can take a trolley to get there. I'd recommend this hotel for a conference or reunion, but not really just for leisure travelers, given the myriad choices in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank catherine104
We really shoot for higher than average but appreciate the feedback, catherine104.

I will pass on your review to the management team to ensure they look into the items you mentioned.

Thank you so much for letting us know how we are doing. We will make sure to get better at the items you stated in your review.

Thanks again,

Medical Lake, Washington
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here (still here at the moment) for Leakycon. The special room rate for the conference is great however double beds...no queens...is ridiculous. Worst part if all us the internet...or should I say lack of internet. The "free" internet never connected for me. Upon further investigation I learned that the free internet is basically dial up...if you want internet that actually works, you have to pay for it. This is a CONVENTION hotel...seriously?! Also, had to have the toilet, sink, and tub all unclogged. The staff should go through Disney training...we didn't feel terribly welcome. Upside...pool was good and the 24 hour snack store with microwaves was handy. I am a very easy person to please but doubt I'd risk spraying at a Rosen property again.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Carrie1197
Hello Carrie1197-

The IT department is definitely looking into the issue with the internet. I’m so sorry that you ran into this issue while staying on property.

Thank you for taking time to update us on your experience.

We don’t want this to be your last experience with Rosen so please let me know if Orlando is in your destination plans in the future.

I will be sure to assist in any way possible.

Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Attended a convention here while my wife accompanied me. She had no problem finding things to do during the day, and we were close to restaurants and entertainment (and the I-Ride bus stop) at night. The pool is one of the best ever for a hotel. The Expedia representative at the desk was most helpful in directing us to interesting things to do. The staff was extremely friendly, even the maids. We would definitely stay here again. We didn't particularly like the style of music played by the house band at the club, but there was plenty of other music within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MPP3
Thank you very much for the great review, MPP3.

We are so happy you enjoyed your time.

Thanks for staying!