Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North
Ranked #103 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, United States
“good”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

good - good and good : How do I need input so many word to do N/A is not acceptable! I do not want to write any more word. Hacunamatata, lion king, "it's our problem free. ... how may I do? I won't be take any more survey for Hlton

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Richard L
hamptoninnidrive, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Our hotel is a reflection of great guests such as yourself. It is alway our honor to serve our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your positive review. There is not much more for a hotelier to ask for great guests and great reviews. Again thank you and please come back soon. It wil be our pleasure to serve you gain.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is in the middle of a pretty busy street in Orlando, maybe 2 miles from the Orange County Convention Center. It's also right up against the highway. There are tons of restaurants around and there are several places that deliver to the hotel. There is a Publix not too far, where we got groceries and snacks to avoid eating out so much. The room was clean and ours included a fridge and microwave which was a great addition. The hotel is right next to the highway, so you can hear traffic most of the time. I sleep with ear plugs, so I didn't hear the traffic at night, but that could be an issue for light sleepers. Breakfast is pretty standard, with different hot options each day, which does include powdered eggs. Not my favorite, but they have hard boiled eggs if you want the real thing. Overall nice hotel, pleasant stay, and would consider staying again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for choosing to say with us.

We very much appreciate your comments and review.

There are some extremely positive additions coming to our neighborhood. We are excited to

be here at this time. The area is going to become even better that what it currently is.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've stayed at 17 difference hotels in the Disney area in the past year. This section of I Dr is pretty sleazy. I would recommend to anyone, especially those with children to stay south of Sand Lake in the I Drive area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for choosing to say with us. Being a hotel of excellence requires constant pruning, and for this reason we consider and appreciate all comments and reviews from all our guests. It will be a pleasure to have the opportunity of serving you in the near future.

Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I selected this hotel for one night because we were arriving late and the next day we going up a vacation home that we rented for 8 nights. I made the reservation directly with the hotel way in advance (January) for a room with two beds and a pullout couch which it's the bigger room they have. I also prepaid the reservation a month in advance and I made this reservation with a late arrival and I made sure I called them before my trip and when I got to the airport and they said everything is ok we see you when get here. When I arrived with my family and my niece (3yrs) was already asleep and we checked in everything looked fine until we got to the room, it was a king size bed, the front desk agent didn't realized or jus gave us what ever was available with thinking that we were 4 adults and the baby which I told them that info when I made the reservation. So I went down stairs again and she apologized and quickly said ok I will refund you $20.00 and gave us room with 2 beds which I had to shared on with my 24 year old daughter and gave us a small portable crib for the baby. I was not happy about it but it was late so I just took it and went to bed it was 2:30am. In the morning we went downstairs for breakfast which it was ok but the area was crowed so we had to make lines for everything. When it was time to check out the morning FD agent was checking some in and gave them a welcome package and I ask told her "that's nice, we didn't get anything but the wrong room" she apologized and offer me one, but just ask her for 3 bottles of water which she did give me.
My message here is that even if book in advance and or prepaid you might not get what you pay for and they quickly try to brush it off with minimal discount for a for me big mistake (1 king size bed for 5 people????)

Room Tip: Located right on International Drive
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Blanca Z

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I checked into this hotel around 8. The gentleman was very nice and quick. Problem free (so far)... Once I arrived to my room, I notice it was a little warmer then I would have expected it to be. So we unloaded our luggage. I notice the air was set at 77 degrees, so I lowered it to 74 degrees. We left the room for an hour or so to grab something to eat. Upon our arrival back to the room if was even warmer then before. I checked the thermostat and it now reads 79 degrees in the room and I set at 74 degrees before we left. I called the front desk to inform them and I did not get an answer. So my husband walked down stairs to ask if we could be moved to another room and the reply was that they were all sold out tonight. So since there were no more rooms available tonight, they would send a fan up to my room and put in a work order for it to be fixed the next day. Ok so my husband, my kids and myself are suppose to sleep with a fan in a room that is 79 degrees. Smh!!! I stayed here before in 2011 and had the same problem with the air conditioning. And again they were sold out of my room type. So I'm wondering, has the hotel ever fixed the problem from 2011??? If you like to sleep in a hot room, then this is the hotel for you..... I was offered half a nights stay for not being able to be moved to another room. Wow!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Andrea S
hamptoninnidrive, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
We appreciate your feedback. It's always important to know our guests experiences so that we may correct those areas that need are immediate attention. . Please accept our apologies. It is always our intention to make the guests comfortable.

Kind regards,

The HamptonInn and Suites International Drive Team
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Clean room!!!!! Beds comfy and good size! Housekeeping staff and desk staff helpful! Breakfast area clean and Well stocked. free shuttle to parks and free parking very nice.very central location with many things to do and places to eat. I would definitely stay in this hotel again!!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We always appreciate the comments and posts of all our guests. It is like having additional sets of eyes and hands helping us to become a hotel of excellence.
Sincerely
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I'm in my " studio suite" right now but it's really just a regular room with a small couch...and a smell that reminds me of when my brother played hockey but didn't air out his pads. AC isn't working well. Toilet flushes randomly but not with much power. The woman that checked us in just charged my card for the whole stay and when I told her I wanted to pay cash she seemed pretty confused so I told her not to worry about it. I entered the hotel in a good mood and I will leave it behind me in an even better mood because instead of staying five days we're leaving tomorrow for another hotel down the street that is less expensive but somehow manages to have ACTUAL suites! Wonder how many hoops I'll have to jump through to get a refund for the five nights that were charged to my card? Honestly, at this point, I'd give them more money to let leave.

Room Tip: stay away from this place! If you must stay here try not to stay on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon L
hamptoninnidrive, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
We regret that your room size and accommodations did not meet your expectations. We are working with our team to ensure that our entire facility functions and provides the best experience for our guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope you'll consider giving us another chance to serve you with a different room type.

Kind regards,