Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,713 results
All reviewsuniversal studiosinternational drivemonday to thursdayfree dinnerfree shuttleevening receptioncomplimentary breakfastfull kitchenseparate bedroomyogurtred lobsterevery morningbreakfast and dinnersmall kitchenshuttle serviceliving areapool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in mid May. We chose it to be close to Universal, to walk if possible and to utilize their free shuttle to the parks. We had never stayed at a Homewood Suites before and if this one is any indication we will put these properties at the top of our list in the future. Our entire stay was comfortable and quiet even though the hotel appeared to be extremely busy, many families with children, many more business travelers, many foreign visitors.
We found their shuttles to be on time and comfortable. Homewood Suites is the first stop and there are two other hotel stops before we were dropped off in the bus area just outside the parking garage at Universal where we took the escalators up to the concourse, then through the City Walk area to each of the individual theme park entrances (a five minute or more walk). We took the earliest shuttle each day ( there are three pick-up times in the morning and three drop-off times in the evening) and were able to be at the turnstiles at least fifteen minutes before park opening. One evening we took a cab back to the hotel because we were ready to go several hours before the earliest evening shuttle and it cost us 7.00 plus tip.
The breakfast here was a wonderful surprise. It was not the same every day! My favorite day there was make-your-own-waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, several cuts above the standard hotel waffles. There were also real glass plates and silverware. Coffee and tea were available all day and evening. We only had their free light dinner one evening, it consisted of pulled pork sandwiches, salad, french style green beans. It was delicious. Their menus were posted on the refrigerator in our suite. It is offered Monday-Friday from 5pm through 7pm (probably subject to change).
The beds were comfortable and even though our room was on the interstate side it was pretty quiet. We were on the fourth floor. The hotel was being painted at the time and all of our windows in both rooms of the suite were covered by heavy plastic. I did find that to be kind of unpleasant (not being able to see out even to see what the weather was doing) but I did not complain or ask to be moved. I believe they would have moved our room if I had asked. I just chose not to go through the hassle. I wish they had informed me at check-in so that I could have had a convenient choice.
I used their guest laundry to do a couple of loads of laundry. There is one washer and two dryers on the third and fifth floor of this hotel. The washers worked fine, the dryers did not. I fed three cycles of quarters into the dryers to dry one load of laundry and the clothes were still damp. I finally had to spread out the clothes in the suite to finish drying. I have found the same thing true in many other hotels. Maybe it is just the number of people using them. (One of the dryers I noticed that someone had poured laundry detergent into the lint filter! ) So beware if you need to do laundry! The hotel keeps the laundry facilities clean (but unair-conditioned )
Overall my family was extremely pleased with Homewood Suites. We did not use our kitchen except to make coffee and tea, but would have used it on a longer stay. We did not use the pool either. The desk staff was friendly and aside from minor inconveniences we liked everything about it. It was a good introduction to a chain of hotels we had never tried before. We will definitely seek them out in the future and this hotel in particular when we are in Orlando again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators if walking is an issue. The corridors are long with an elevator on each end. Our room was right in the middle and on the night I did laundry on different floors I felt like I had walked five miles.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Verbelly
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear Verbelly:
Thank you for your comprehensive review of our hotel. Comments such as yours help us to build on what we do well, and tweak those areas which can use some improvement. We loved having you with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I can only say wonderful things about this hotel. The staff is outstanding, it is clean and the breakfast is delicious and plentiful. I would stay here again in a New York minute. It is just off International Drive so it is within walking distance to the parks but there is a free shuttle to Universal and Sea World and some of the water parks I believe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ArkansasSleepyhead

Dear ArkansasSleepyhead:
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. All of us appreciate your generous comments. It was super great to have you with us!

Reviewed 4 May 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel with 2 kids and we liked very much. The free breakfast is ok (anything special) and they turn the light off when at 10am. A rude way to say: Leave!!
The parking lot is free and very good.
The staff is very nice and helpful. We stayed in a room just besides the laundry and there was no noise.
As cons I'd mention the lack of safe box in the room, there is no oven on the stove and the area the hotel is located in (near Universal). So much traffic and we took so long to get to WDW parks..
But we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank BrazilianLu

Dear BrazilianLu:
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are proud of the value represented by Homewood Suites and we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Looking forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We spent a week visiting Orlando with my brother, his wife and teenage daughter on April 9th for a week and chose this hotel since it was close to Universal Studios. My husband and I usually try to stay at these hotels and we enjoy the use of the large suites, the access of full kitchens, great full breakfasts and options of also dinnertime meals if we happen to around at that time. It is our 4th time for the Homewood Inns whenever we travel and our first choice. I'm sure my brother and his family were quite impressed and will also use these hotels when travelling in the states as well. We fully enjoyed the vast choice of big belgian waffles, fresh cut grapefruits, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bacon, yogurt, grits & biscuites, fresh coffee, juices, oatmeal, etc Even though the IHOP Pancake House was just a stones throw, we were very happy to make our own fresh waffles with whip cream & strawberries for ourselves in the mornings. The mornings that were quite busy, people often enjoyed their breakfast just out the doors on the patio by the pool. My niece and I love the sweet fresh Florida Grapefruits every morning too.
We found the service was excellent , not only at the front desk but from those that also worked hard to keep the eating areas clean and the kitchen staff were prompt and did an excellent job !
I made sure on our last day - to especially thank those hard workers and that we really appreciated the hard work they put in to ensure hotel patrons were take care of. That is why I always come back to this hotel on our travels. The cleaners and hotel staff always had a smile and cheerful greeting when we acknowledged them in passing. We rented a mini van for our week and the free parking here was great and we always felt safe in the area. The free internet was handy, especially in looking up data or printing off our boarding passes at the end of our stay. Our families were also able to soak in the hot tub and have a swim in the pool at the end of the day when our feet were tired and we needed to relax. We had fun chatting with other travellers at the pool. The hotel is also close to the main strip of International Drive where there were lots of excellent shopping (outlet malls at the end), mini golf places, wet and wild water park, stores, restaurants, etc . We dined at Boston Lobster Feast, Sweet Tomatoes, IHOP, etc. We visited Epcot, Universal Studios, WonderWorks and the Biggest McDonalds in the World which was on the strip.
We also had Sunday service at Mary, Queen of the Universe Church. It was a very beautiful church and grounds and peaceful stroll in the Rosary Gardens. The Outlet malls were great shopping and we got some great deals. The weather was great and the crowds are now great since kids are back to school from Easter. Our thanks to Homewood Suites for another great holiday stay and for your hospitality !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Wishbones
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Wishbones:
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a glowing review of our hotel. It was so nice to have you back as our guests and we are so happy to hear that you once again enjoyed your visit with us. It was especially appreciated that you took the time to thank those who work so hard to make your visit enjoyable and I assure you that everybody really appreciated your gesture of kindness. Feed back such as yours is what makes our jobs enjoyable and we look forward to your return the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here from April 2-8 with multiple extended family members for nieces wedding/vacation. Great breakfast every morning and dinner Mon-Thurs was special bonus. Was nice to be able to meet everyone for breakfast and not have to deal with a restaurant setting. Breakfast was varied enough on daily basis to not get too repetitive. Rooms were spacious with separate bedroom and living room space with door in between and 2 TV's and full kitchen. Location is right next to Universal and route 4, about 10-15 min to Seaworld and 20 min to Disney. Staff were helpful and gracious. Has outdoor pool/jacuzzi but no other on site frills. Only negative that took away from being perfect was at 4:30am water started dripping from vent in ceiling over toilet. Called front desk and they looked into it and told us everything was ok in room above us and would send maintenance in am. Called back after breakfast as was still dripping and told toilet had overflowed upstairs but was fixed. Was a bit upset that we weren't told it was toilet water after we had allowed overselves to be dripped on to use the toilet. But they credited us one nights stay for the inconvenience. Great place if you just need a home base to visit parks and are traveling with multiple families and don't want to spend a ton of money on hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bunnybunch

Dear Bunnybunch:
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to Orlando with family and friends. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The breakfast and dinner are some of my favorite value-adds as well. These areas have been a special focus for us over the past year, trying some new items and working with the team on presentation and enhanced flavor.
I also want to apologize again for the plumbing issue you unfortunately experienced during your visit. This has has been reviewed with my staff and I am glad to hear that they compensated you for the problem.
Again, thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your family gathering and when your travels bring you back to Orlando we do hope you'll visit us again.