“homewood suites, orlando, fl”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Ranked #52 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Prior Lake, MN, United States
“homewood suites, orlando, fl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The room size was wonderful, but the atmosphere of the hotel was even better--- probably due to the quality of the hotel facility and its very helpful and friendly staff. It was a pleasant surprise to my family that there was a complementary dinner at night--- a nice way for us to save time and money on our trip. The front desk staff was excellent. I am grateful that homewood suites made itself available as a discounted stay for those who were participating in the annual Exponential Conference. A couple of my personal staff folks came to stay at the hotel as well, for that very reason. They too expressed their delight in the hotel and its services.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Dan C
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
It was such a pleasure to have your group with us for the Exponential Conference. Your kind remarks regarding the helpfulness and friendliness of my staff are especially appreciated. We take great pride in maintaining the quality of our facility, but people make all the difference. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the years to come.

Warmest Regards,
Keith Beears

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Finnish first
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel was truly a pleasure. I booked it based on the Trip Advisor rating and I am so glad I did. The rooms were spotless, the staff couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. The breakfast every morning was fantastic and dinner was something to look forward to every night. A buffet breakfast is served 7 days a week. It is a real breakfast, not just continental. Dinner is served Monday to Thursday and is very good also (eg, one night lasagna, salad, one night was stuffed green peppers, corn, salad) Great after a long day at the theme park. Our stay couldn't have been more perfect. Thank God for the swimming pool because we stayed during the heat wave. My husband used the gym every morning. I love this place and the people who work here. They all worked to make our stay most enjoyable. It is located in a convenient area just a mile from Universal Studios. The hotel has a free shuttle. Or if you are fit enough, you can walk it. There is also a shuttle you can arrange to take you to the Disney Theme parks at the cost of $15. round trip per person. If you want to rent a car, there is an Alamo car rental at the Four Points hotel which is just a short walk from this hotel. There is an I-ride shuttle that runs throughout the International Drive area which also has a stop at Sea World and the Premium Outlets among many other stops. The cost is $2.00 per ride or $7.00 for a 3 day pass. If you are over 65, it is only 25 cents per ride. You can't beat it. We rented a car for one day to take a ride to Daytona. Other than that we didn't need a car. This place is a real gem and I highly recommend it.

6 Thank Judy21222
Thank you so much for reviewing our Homewood Suites on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to know that we fulfilled your expectations after having done your research, and your compliments regarding the helpfulness of my staff, quality of the work of my Housekeeping team, and the breakfast and dinner are especially appreciated. It was truly a pleasure to have you with us! When your travels bring you back to Orlando we hope this experience will bring you back to our Homewood Suites.

Best Regards,
Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We arrived at the Homewood Suites early and were greeted at the desk by Raphael. He was a huge help to us. He offered to take our luggage as we were going to the Magic Kingdom and called us when our room was ready. When we came back, we were pleasantly surprised that our luggage was taken to our room. You can't go wrong by staying here, the breakfast, dinner and the accommodations are excellent.

2 Thank Brian K
Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites for your visit to Disney World. We know there are over 300 hotel options in Orlando and we appreciate that you chose us. I am pleased to know that my staff took great care of you during your visit and that you enjoyed our breakfast and dinner. When your travels bring you back to Orlando we do hope to see you again.

Warm Regards,
Flores Da Cunha, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I went to Orlando to spend my vocations with my wife. We went also to celebrate our first anniversary of our marriage.

Must say that i was impress, when we made our check in they told us that change our room for a single king size bed instead a double queen bed room. It was a pleasant surprise since when I made the reservation this room it wasn't available.

The room is very big, with good internet connection. A full kitchen was very important for us since we don't like to eat fast-food all the time. At night some days we were able to make some homemade soup to detox.

Everyday our room was cleaned (which is not usual on long stay hotels that I have been before on US). Always have some nice note left from the housekeeper.

The locations couldn't be best. On a walking distance you have a Wallgreens (pharmacy) and also a Red Lobster for dinner.

It's soo close to the Universal parks an City Walk that you could go walking to them (not recommend). And if you need ticket you can buy at the hotel. They also have a shuttle system for the Universal Park (must be reserved in advance).

If you want to go shopping the Premium Outlet at the International Drive are very close.

You could not choose a better place to stay in Orlando.

About the Staff they always are ready to help you out and the hotel offers for guest from Monday to Thursday an evening lunch with free beers and Wine.

It's not the cheapest hotel but for sure have the best price/experience/location that you can find around.

For sure next time I go to Orlando (hope very soon) I will stay again at Homewood Suites.

Do a favor for yourself and your family. Please stay at this hotel. You will not regret it.

2 Thank Luizsimm
It was such a pleasure to have you with us. I am pleased to know that my staff took great care of you and that you enjoyed our food service as well. We know there are more than 300 hotel options in the Orlando area and we truly appreciate that you chose us! We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Best Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My experience at Homewood suites was amazing! I stayed for three days on the first floor and had a direct view of universal Orlando resort which was very pretty breakfast was on point and staff was very helpful even though we arrived late at night rooms are very spacious with stove fridge and microwave. Bathroom was very elegant and clean when we came back from universal our whole room was cleaned from top to bottom. Rooms are kind of cold when windows are closed. But if you want to get a full view of universal you should stay up on the top floor. Beds are heavenly even the sofa bed. But if you want to get full view of universal you should stay on the top floor. All In all it was an amazing stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are quieter and warmer
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Norris T
Congratulations on your Anniversary! Thank you for sharing your review of our Homewood Suites. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and your kind remarks regarding the helpfulness of my staff are genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to Orlando.

Warm Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Spent 12 nights in this hotel and could not rate it high enough. The staff from desk, catering and housekeeping are professionall and extremely pleasant and helpfull. We stayed in a double queen suite on the 5th floor, very quiet poolside view, the suite was home from home with all amenities and spotlessly clean. The location is superb just of of International drive, if you ask at the desk the staff will print you directions to anywhere you want to go, this proved to be invaluable. Universal have a desk in the foyer and we bought our tickets to universal cheaper than online. We also got a 1 day midweek seaworld ticket for $50 each, much cheaper than the seaworld website as an international visitor. The breakfast each morning was perfect, constantly being replenished. We only had the free dinner on two occasions as we were at the parks, but I can say it was lovely and would have availed of it more often if we were there, it would have saved a fortune. All in all a very enjoyable stay and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mags410
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our Homewood Suites. It was such a pleasure to have you with us and we are happy to know that you were able to enjoy more of what Orlando has to offer due to services we were able to provide. Feedback such as yours goes a long way in boosting team morale and your kind remarks about my staff and the services of our Housekeeping team are greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again on future visits to our city.

Warmest Regards,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Before booking this hotel I researched reviews thoroughly. Upon arriving I knew immediately I made a grave mistake. The lobby is filthy and dated. It smells like greasy cooking, the room and bedding were dated and worn. Even worse, I awoke with bites on my face from some kind of critters I suspect were in the linens. The duvets were disgusting. I am a frequent business traveler and there is no way this hotel deserves the positive ratings it has received. My Stay was April 20-28 2014.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Diverstj
We're sorry that you did not have a similar experience to guests listing their positive experiences at our hotel. We always look for guest feedback to provide us with the necessary insight into our hotel and guest comfort, health, and safety is incredibly important. We are looking into your concerns and invite you to contact us directly if you would like to discuss this matter.

Kind Regards,