“Excellent Service in Orlando”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Ranked #56 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Quincy, United States
“Excellent Service in Orlando”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have stayed at several hotels. Homewood Suites made me feel right at home. The service was excellent!!!! My mind is made up for business or pleasure it will always be Homewood Suites. The cleanliness and hospitality will never be forgotten.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

4 Thank Sharon W
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our Homewood Suites. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to welcome you again soon.

Keith Beears

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here for 15 nights. Staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble for them. Maria, kitchen staff went to the hotel next door to get waffles for my sons on our first day as the homewood don't offer them Thursday and Friday and we arrived Friday! Pillows were changed within 10 mins when I explained I was allergic to feather. Reported hair dryer not working before breakfast and it had been replaced when I got back to the room. Bath mats not provided but once I requested one a new one was brought from hotel next door. Can't fault at all and they even sent us a gift basket to apologise for any inconvenience. Breakfast is repetitive but very tasty and saved us a fortune. There are waffles,bagels,toast,Danish,fresh fruit,yogurts,fruit juices,tea,coffee,hot chocolate,scrambled eggs,bacon,sausage,muffins. We only needed to have a main meal in the evening after this! Pool is very nice and sun beds. Basketball court which my sons used almost every evening. Within walking distance of wet n wild. Shuttle service to universal very good and reliable. Homewood is first pick up but I used the time on the bus to apply skids sun cream. Return you are first drop off and it only takes 10 mins. Would not hesitate to stay here again. Only slight criticism would be for housekeeping to be a little more vigilant on doing a deep clean between guests(mainly dusting of lights etc). Rooms and beds very comfortable and clean. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: We stayed on 4th floor pool view and it was fine. I would probably recommend 3rd floor pool view but...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Calbinns
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our Homewood Suites. I am so pleased to know that my team did a great job in taking care of your needs. Your kind compliments regarding the hard work of Maria in particular are genuinely appreciated. We enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again when you return to Orlando.

Albany, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Totally enjoyed the spacious rooms, pool and especially the evening reception! The evening reception is sooo helpful for families. Supper can get expensive and the reception is a great relief!! Love love love it!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our Homewood Suites! We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our evening reception and were able to save a lot of money so you could enjoy your vacation even more. Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites and we look forward to welcoming you again on future visits.

Best Regards,
Tallahassee, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'll give the hotel's appearance a B+ (under repairs) and staff a definite A. The room assignment was not that great because all night long there was the "sound" of a "garbage disposal". I don't know if I was assigned the room due to it being on the government rate but there was a lack of sleep and this is hard when presenting to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Amanda F
Thank you for your review of our Homewood Suites. I'm sorry to hear about the noise you experienced as I am not certain what it would be. We value all of our guests and government rates are not intentionally placed in rooms less appealing. Should we ever place you in a room which is not to your liking, please let us know so that we may make every effort to move you to a room which is more comfortable. Also, thank you for your patience as we have been working on some property improvements during a slightly slower period for the hotel. We have now completed sealing and striping the parking lot, wall vinyl repairs in the hallways, and we are in the process of painting the doors to all guest rooms. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we do hope to see you again when you return to Orlando.

Co. Durham
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I write this review having spent 9 nights here, with 3 more to go. Arrived on 15th May and leaving on 29th

My 7th visit to Orlando in 25 years and this place has surpassed everywhere else I stayed!

Super friendly staff, rooms cleaned to perfection daily, lovely buffet breakfast every morning, evening buffet Mon. To Thursday.

Super location for U. Studios, and I Drive. Great Congo River Mini Golf 5 minute walk at bottom of road. 10 minute walk to Wet n Wild

We stayed in a 1 Bedroom 2 queen bed suite which was very spacious, with a great view towards I Drive and the Sheraton Hotel.

The pool area is fabulous and is always kept clean and tidy by the guy in charge

It's obvious the staff take a real pride in this hotel which is the reason this is the only place I will consider in future visits to Orlando!

I will be sad to leave this place and have no hesitation in giving this place 5 stars!

My only regret is spending 2 nights at Hard Rock Hotel midway through my stay. Coming back to Homewood Suites made me feel like I had returned home!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Daza2210
Thank you so much for your raving review of our Homewood Suites! It's such a pleasure to have you and your family with us and we look forward to seeing you return for many years to come. Your compliments towards my team are especially appreciated and go very far in helping to motivate my staff.

Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I found the Homewood Suites Orlando on Trip Advisor. I read several reviews and subsequently decided to book this hotel. As with any unknown, I was a bit uneasy about how my family (my husband, my 2 teenagers, and me) would like this hotel. We were extremely pleased with all aspects of our stay. The suite was great -- large bedroom with 2 queen beds, the enclosed bathroom has the toilet and bathtub/shower, the sink area is separate. The bedroom can be closed off by french doors. The other room has enough space for a love seat, chair, wide-screen TV, coffee table, and desk and chair. The kitchen area has a full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, coffeemaker, and a eating table with 2 chairs. The only thing that didn't work well was the sink in the kitchen (Rm 419), It drained extremely slowly. Every morning a complimentary hot breakfast was served downstairs in the dining room from 7 - 10 a.m. The food and beverage selection was very generous. Monday - Thursday complimentary dinner is provided from 5 - 7 p.m. This was the biggest and best surprise of our stay. Being able to have (free) dinner provided after being out all day (at the theme parks), was such a treat! We didn't have to go out to a restaurant and spend additional time getting there and back. The staff that oversees the meals are very friendly, helpful and hard-working. The pool is very clean, as is the hot tub. The only thing that was a little off about the pool is that there were very few towels available. If they plan to provide only a few towels on a regular basis, they should tell people ahead of time to bring their own towels. Overall, our experience was extremely pleasant and we would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area are quieter. The other side of the hotel faces I-4 Hwy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank kmlfmisc
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your visit to our Homewood Suites. I am happy to hear that you did your research beforehand and chose us over the other 300+ hotel options in the area. We are also pleased to know that you found great value in the breakfast and dinner we offer. Your helpful feedback regarding the sink drain and pool towels is also appreciated as it helps us to address these areas as well. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you and your family on future visits to our city.

Orange County, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here because of close proximity to Universal and Wet & Wild. As always a great stay at homewood. Love the comfy beds and nice free breakfast. They really know how to treat customers. I'm a big fan of Homewood suites! Thanks for doing such a great job.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ohchad
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our Homewood Suites. Feedback such as yours is genuinely appreciated and is a joy to share at our daily gatherings. I am thrilled to know that my team treated you so well and we look forward to having you visit with us again soon!

Best Regards,