Westgate Palace Resort
US$277
US$276
US$258
  • Pool
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
Orbitz.com
1,682 results
All reviewstower binternational driveuniversal studioswet n wildtwin bedsfull kitchenwasher dryerliving roomsales pitchpaddle boatsjetted tubsecond bedroomhalloween horror nightslake viewheated poolclean towelsfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My family and I stayed at the Palace for 8 days to celebrate Christmas and my hubby's birthday. The price was great however, as it got closer to our trip date I read recent reviews that raised some concerns. Upon arrival I had many reservations due to the recent posts suggesting timeshare hounding and lack of cleanliness.
Since our trip was planned and paid in full, I decided to prepare for the worst just in case. The room was was designed great with adequate space and a nice water/park view. The beds were comfortable and the kitchen had everything you could possibly need. The washer/dryer was awesome and nicely located.
After checking in, I went to the local walmart and purchased bug spray, lysol, lysol wipes and air freshener. Before unpacking anything I examined the space and began my sanitizing/bug repellent defense. I noticed some baby ants in the master bathroom so Im glad I prepared accordingly. That being said, the accommodations were very good in terms of space and comfort. My kids enjoyed their room and attached bathroom with double sinks. Housekeeping came by daily with fresh towels, dish soap, and made our beds a few days but not daily. There weren't very many cable channels to chose from but it worked.
Wireless internet cost DAILY per device or $40 for 7days (if you stay that long)...Bummer. We didnt experience any timeshare hounding (Thank God) and I didn't see any bugs other than the few baby ants prior to me spraying. My family and I had a great Holiday vacation and we would visit this property again. The only bad thing was the pool.... swim early or swim dirty (the pool was filthy later in the day).....paper, gum, bugs, no sign of chlorine...etc. Also the workout room is very limited and small. Finally, the game room consists only of a fooseball machine. LOL
Overall, great bargain, great location....prepare and you will enjoy!!

Room Tip: Since checkout is at 10AM try to checkout well before that otherwise you'll find yourself waiting for an elevation. We had to wait 30minutes just to get an elevator:(... Also ask for a room in Tower A on a high floor facing the water. The view is great!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

A belated Happy Birthday wish for your husband! Thank you for reviewing Westgate Palace. We do offer a fantastic value, with a great price and condo-like furnishings, including full kitchen, laundry washer & dryer, living room area and more. We're very glad you found it to be a great bargain in a great location. It would be our pleasure to have you come back again!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed 7 nights in a 2 bedroom/2 bath at Westgate Palace.
Pros:
Nice room with full kitchen and laundry facilities
Close to shopping from outlets to stocking the frig
Convenient to airport and Disney and other parks
Staff was friendly and responsive to our requests
Con:
Stayed in eastern facing room. There is a nightclub across the street and the deep bass sound can be heard in the room at night when the club was open. If you stay recommend western facing room

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alba K

Thank you for your impression. It's gratifying that you found your unit, with the full kitchen and laundry washer/dryer, to be nice, and the location, close and convenient to everything, to be ideal. Our staff would be thrilled to have you come back to visit again.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I don't know where to begin... Check-in. We check-in without a problem BUT they don't hand the keys to me for our room they hand them to someone else who walks me to someone who is there to sell timeshares...yes even before we get to our room! Finally we get our room keys and go upstairs, the room looked "okay" at first look. We start settling in and notice there is hair in the bathrooms, mold on the floor and grime that is an inch thick...Yes I took a few pictures. Okay but it gets way worse...I'm not miss priss and don't expect top notch or anything so...We checked in on Friday. We ran the dishwasher on Sunday, tiny doesn't express the size of the dishwasher...good luck getting a set of dishes in there, it took 2 runs to just clean the dishes from one meal...nothing fancy just ate mac and cheese and there were only 4 of us. Loud is an understatement too! Then we went to downtown Disney on Monday, we came back to our hotel room to have it REAK like smoke...there is a notice on your counter that says if you smoke in your room there is a $200 fine! and I also noticed some of the cookies we purchased the prior day were missing. So I complained....no one responded to the complaint. So I went down to the font desk on Thursday and stated what happened at the front desk and the women said to me "so what's your complaint!", I demanded to talk to a manager to be sure we didn't get charged but it also STUNK in our room!! Okay, so they came up and gave us a $10 voucher for food....oh yes food....They ranted and raved about their dinning facilities. I asked where we could eat and the only place on site is a tiny deli that serves a few things which for 2 kids and 1 adult it cost more than eating at Disney World and the food was okay (we got a salad, chicken nuggets and a hamburger w/2 cokes....$42)! The wash machine doesn't really wash it too was broke....long story I wont bother going into...the dryer took 90 minutes to dry t-shirts and shorts very loud as well! TV - don't plan on watching much of it, you don't get many channels maybe 10 and the tv in the livingroom was so blury we couldn't see or hear anything so we had to watch the TV's in the bedrooms. We asked to changed rooms but they were full of course. Oh and on Thursday our dishwasher flooded the unit! You can tell just driving up they don't keep the hotel very well even from outside it in comparison to others near by. The other thing you should know is that the walls are PAPER thin...that's not a joke...you can hear EVERYTHING in your unit and smell everything outside of your unit! Thursday night my son said his toilet was plugged so I tried calling for help, no one answered the phone for 45mins so I had a business card from a manager I called their cell phone to finally get someone up to help us! Oh the A/C worked great so that was a nice perk.

The pool & bar: finally something nice! The pool is very nice, it is warm which we all did love. Just and FYI the pool is behind the building so you don't get any sun after 2pm...good for small kids but not so nice is your looking for some rays. Bar had okay priced pop for kids and they had deals if you purchased their cups you could get refills for discounted rates...first beer was $10 and refills were $5. Downside of the pool is people can't smoke in their room so they smoke like chimney's all around the pool! So that was okay...

There were shops in walking distance and lots to do nearby...that was nice too.

Room Tip: Read reviews of well traveled people so you truly know what your getting! I wish I would have taken more pictures but honestly I just kept thinking It couldn't get any worse and didn't think about writing a review until I left.
5  Thank stacy h

Thank you for your feedback. We are a timeshare resort that rents our extra units, and during check in our guests are simply asked if they would like to take a timeshare tour. It is certainly not mandatory, and our guests can decline if they wish. Those who accept are given gifts, such as highly discounted theme park tickets, in exchange for their time. Cleanliness is a priority, and our Housekeeping team is usually very good at making the units sparkle. We apologize if your unit was not in this condition. They would be glad to correct this situation promptly if notified.
Our units include a fully equipped kitchen. Included with this is a dishwasher. As many persons at home are familiar with, rinsing plates before putting them in a dishwasher is recommended so they get clean in one washing and the drain doesn't clog. Our apologies if it was not as large as you wished. We will forward your feedback about the convenience deli prices to the appropriate person. We're glad you enjoyed the A/C, the pool and pool bar and our great location close to International Drive. We hope to have another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was a great location for both the Lynx and Iride, next door to dinner shows and TGI Fridays. The hotel was secure and rooms were clean and spacious. Just a short stroll to Wet and Wild and International Drive. The pool was fully heated, gym adequate and steam room was great. I would have no hesitation staying here again.

Room Tip: Block A, seemed to be a quieter building with good pool views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Your review is greatly appreciated. We're pleased that you found the rooms clean and spacious and the location great. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Very nice hotel with very service minded staff. We had a two bedroom apartment which worked out perfectly because we were two adults and two teenagers. Excellent location near Universals Studios. Poolarea.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's pleasing to read that you found our staff to be very service minded, our location by Universal Studios to be great and our 2 bedroom unit to be perfect for your situation. We would love to have you come back!