“Great location!”

Westgate Palace Resort
Ranked #181 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great location, just minutes from Universal Studios. The condos are located only about 15 minutes from Disney and in the opposite direction of all of the traffic!! When we arrived the air conditioner in our room did not work. Spent first night without air. The second day, after all day at Disney, we were told that we would have to move. What a hassle, but, they sent someone up to help us move! Nicer room as we could see Harry Potter land from the window! The master bathroom was not thought out well. They have small, maybe 4 by 4 tiles on the shower enclosure, which allows water to drain through the grout area right outside of the shower. No matter how many towels we used to stop the water from draining out, we have a pond outside the shower. Sink is separate from the shower and toilet which is great! The washer also leaked, another towel used. BUT, every time we asked for clean towels, we received a bag full of towels. Despite the shower situation, we would definitely stay again due to how clean the unit was, how helpful the staff was, and location. Maybe they could fix the shower situation and the place would be perfect!

1  Thank Tammy F
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation experience ate the Westgate Palace with us. It is such a pleasure to know you took advantage of our strategic location close to the parks and that the staff was at your service along the way, as we want you to feel like family. We hope that you managed to report all your issues to the management team, in order for them to be able to address them properly. Your next visit is expected! Micky

Reviewed 10 June 2014

If you are going to Universal Studios this location can not be beat. 1.3 miles. We usually stay at Westgate near Disney and found these rooms to be a little on the tight side. However, it is a great value for the price. 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, full kitchen, clean and updated.

Not a lot of frills but great for basic theme park accommodations. The mini mart is terrible. They do not provide many items and the few items they do provide are extremely overpriced. If you plan to cook shop at Publix which is 3 miles away.

The staff was very friendly and we were allowed early check-in and late check-out at no extra cost. The pool bar has great drinks and the grounds are well maintained.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

We are really glad that you were able to share your detailed experience atthe Westgate Palace with us. It is our pleasure to provide you with the qualily of service that exceeds your expectations; for that we offer the friendliness of our staff, fully equipped units and amenities and guaranteed fun for everyone to enjoy. We are sorry to hear that the mini market was not at your standards, on the other hand, with our functional kitchen, you sure will love to cook and save. Your next visit is required when you come back to Orlando! Mika

Reviewed 8 June 2014

It was my first time in Orlando and we decided to book Westgate Palace. My experience at Westgate was nice overall. Our room was clean and well kept, I loved the view, we could see Wet N Wild from our room. The only complaint I had was the housekeeping was a little lacking in getting garbage and cleaning room properly. I hope to return soon on a romantic vacation with just the hubby & I this summer. Overall I would return, just maybe at another location of West Gate.

Room Tip: Higher floor you will experience less noise and great view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MekaPowell

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation experience with us. It is awesome news to know you chose us on your first visit to the Mickey land! What a better way to do so, when you select a Westgate property that is strategic located and that offers the peace of mind that your family is looking for, with a complete and renovated structure. Because we are a timeshare resort, our cleaning service works a little different than a regular hotel. Come back to enjoy your next romantic vacation with us. Mika

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This hotels is definitely an odd ball!Some definite pluses but the negatives left a bad impression on me and it is very unlikely I will stay here again.

Positive: The staff at the front desk and room service were very friendly and helpful. The room was pleasant with a good view of the lake. The hotel was conveniently located near the trolley bus routes. The internet fees were wavered as I complained about not being informed about the pool closure during my stay.

Negatives: Lack of communication about the amenities. The pool was suddenly closed during our stay (without prior notice at the time of booking or at check in) and even at the time not displayed on their website. They offered a shuttle bus to another property Westlake Spa & Resort at Turkey Lake Road (which was definitely much nicer). However the shuttle bus service was only at appointed times which was not very convenient.

The coffee maker in the suite did not have coffee or filters. I was not informed that these would be available at the front desk. On the 3rd day of my stay I finally got coffee and filters after inquiring at the front desk.

There was a violent domestic disturbance in the unit across from me late at night that was frightening. The front desk seemed unaware of this when I inquired about this several times. I would have liked a manger to re-assure me that they were aware of the situation and that it had been addressed and that the occupant was safe. Tower B where my suite was is quiet and felt isolated and the reason for my anxiety about being safe.

The restaurant or breakfast room is only for time share tour participants who get a free breakfast! There is a small cafe in the main lobby where you can get Starbucks coffee and bagels etc. more like a basic take out street cafe and not to the standards of a usual hotel cafe.

For others who are booking I would ask for availability and pricing at their other property, Westlake Resort & Spa which was much nicer and had more amenities.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate your sincere comments regarding your stay at the Westgate Palace in Orlando. We are excited to hear that the staff was at your service; that shows the level of service we wish to offer at all times. Besides that, the splendid lake view and the proximity to various touristic points in the city, makes your choice of stay a valuable one. We understand you faced some inconvenients during your stay but we are always there to work with you and find the best solution possible; considering we are a very busy property, specially in high seasons like now. We offer different properties throughout Orlando, this one is surely smaller than the Lakes and Vacation Villas, so when booking, it is important to detail what you are looking for to better acommodate you. We hope we can exceed your expecttions in a future visit! Mika

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed her March 9th-15th, The place was disorganized from minute we walked in took us over an hour to check in, Computers were down was the reason we were told.You have to pay upfront for your stay so if you dont like the place good luck getting your money back. Both our showers had mould in them and doors didnt close correctly, each time you took a shower their was a flood on the floor. Place looks nice in pictures but it needs an update. They charge for room cleaning ($15.00-20.00) and for internet(9.95 per day) They did have a Starbucks in the lobby and pool was nice, the location is right off the I-drive,

But now the part that should concern you. They had my credit card on file from my stay. Apparently they said i didnt pay for all my nights that i stayed, so they charged my credit card an extra nights room charge on May 20, 2 months after i stayed at the resort. I called and spoke to 4 people and received same asnwers of not really knowing why, Then I was told they made a mistake at check in for the amount owed. I have asked on 2 occassion to have a manager from the Hotel call me back to discuss,its been almost 2 weeks still no call back.
My Bank tells me because i provided them with CC number it is in hotel policies they can charge your card for up to 4 months after your stay.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank psaucierwork

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at the Westgate Palace. We undoubtedly want to make sure that you feel as comfortable as home; we apologize it was not that way. We are happy to know,though, that you enjoyed our location, pool and the convenience of the Starbucks in the property. Because we are a timeshare type of resort, some of our services do not work the same way as a hotel, such as the housekeeping. The resort does put a hold on credit cards and it depends on the bank institution how long will it take to get it back; it is not an extra charge, though. We hope you were able to report all of the topics mentioned in the review to the resort management for better assistance. Micky

Reviewed 3 June 2014

From the entry onto the property at the start of our stay until the check out at the end the Westgate surpassed all our expectations. great staff, great rooms and amenities, great Orlando location! Will book again when in this area.

1  Thank Eddy M

We are beyond thrilled to hear that you had such a great stay with us at the Westgate Palace. We aim to make every owner and guest feel at the same comfort of their home, so we are glad we accomplish that. That is why we offer a complete infrastructure so the entire family can enjoy. We are looking forward for your next visit! Micky

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here Memorial Day weekend.I woke up at 3 am to find bed bugs in our bed! I took pictures and tried to show the hotel manager, which he refused to look at saying he can't say if it's bed bugs or not. They have to send security up to the room to investigate it first and call an exterminator to confirm that its bedbugs Really?! I thought my pictures with time, date, and location on it would be confirmation enough. He then says he don't have the authority to refund my money. He hands me a card to their "corporate office" with no address or email address, but number to another call center. Then they had the nerve to call us to ask if we were coming to their timeshare sales pitch. What?!! This place was horrible. If you stay in Tower B room 1101B make sure you sleep with the light on. Be prepared to park else where since their parking lot isn't big enough for all the guest to park. The pool is small as well, so you will be uncomfortably close to strangers. And they charge by the hour for their activities. This place is a joke. You have been warned.

• Stayed: May 2014
8  Thank willshay

Thank you for taking your time and comment on the Westgate Palace. We apologize that you faced certain inconvenients during your stay as this is not our standard of service; we wish that everyone feels as part of our family. In order to investigate the bugs issue, it takes more than pictures to understand the real problem; we hope that management placed you in a different room to resolve this situation. Our timeshare presentation is optional and flexible. In regards to the pool, we have always heard positive comments on it, for that we are sorry you did not feel the same way. We would love if you allowed us to exceed your expectations on your next vacation experience! Micky