“Very nice hotel”

Westgate Palace Resort
Ranked #177 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Large spacious rooms, all mod cons, high standard, staff friendly great location.
Did not like the sales pitch as we registered and it cost me 20 bucks. Rip off.
Could do with out that on your holidays.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pat G
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Palace Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience. We want to ensure that your vacation time is a memorable one; for that we provide you with fully equipped units, great amenities and fun activities for the entire family. The timeshare presentation is opened only to those who want to participate. We hope to host you as our guest again soon! Mika

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The apartments were recommended by our travel company in Dublin. Then when I checked tripadvisor I was very disappointed by the reviews which were terrible. Then we arrived at Westgate Palace from 2nd - 16th July 2014. We are a family of five with three children of 11, 18 and 20.

The accommodation was a master bedroom with ensuite and jacucci bath, a twin room with en suite and a fold out double bed in the living room come kitchen. The apartment was clean and spacious with three flat screens, great facilities. The location was very close to Universal, Wet N Wild and International Drive. Some reviews had mentioned small apartments, poor facilities and nightmare parking. I do not know how the people writing the reviews could form their opinions. they must be used to four star hotels. We however found the resort very good and the only criticism we had was the poor quality of the food in the small cafe. There are dozens of alternatives within walking distance so this did not matter.

We would highly recommend the Westgate Palace.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite on a high floor overlooking Universal Studios
3 Thank Tony S
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Palace Resort, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
We want to take the time to let you know how honored we are that you chose us as your vacation option in the Orlando area. We are so excited to hear you enjoyed our strategic location, great units and amenities, and also so many activities for the entire family to have fun. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to have you with us real soon! M.B
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I searched the internet for hours looking for a hotel that could accommodate our family of 6 and at a price that didn't 'break the bank.' Because of the size of our family we weren't able to do the 'average' hotel room. I came across this hotel through a traveling website through my employer. This villa offered our family a 2 bedroom villa that slept 6 people, comfortably, and at a good price! It is only a mile from Universal Studios/Wet and Wild and under 10 minutes to Magic Kingdom/Epcot. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Universal Studios and Wet and Wild. The skyline is awesome!
4 Thank Charlonda T
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Palace Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Westgate Palace. How wonderful it is to know that after a long search you found us and were accommodated just the way you expected. Our large and complete units can certainly make you and your family feel at home. Besides that, our perfect proximity to the major points of interest in the city and so many fun activities to enjoy within the property will surely make you fall in love and want to come back to the Westgate Resorts. We hope to host you as our guest again soon! Micky
greneville
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went with two teenagers and an active 7 year old. Rooms were nice, clean, and accommodated our needs well. The front desk staff were friendly, helpful in finding a reasonable taxi and good pizza, and professional. In great location for universal. Would recommend for vacation spot.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review of the Westgate Vacation Villas. It brings us a lot of joy when we read about great experiences that our owners and guests have with us; our biggest aim is to ensure a truthful quality vacation. It is awesome to know you enjoyed the units, our staff and services. Please stay with us again! Mika
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here last august with 4 teenagers room was perfect size , cleaned most days and staff where always friendly , hotel was not what we expected after reading reviews , it was so much better , after explaining to staff upon checkin that we where there on a holiday and did not want to be bothered about time share we where left alone , we have now booked to go back at christmas for two weeks and also have another four familys coming with us so thats a total of five rooms that we have booked for xmas on my reccomendation so i hope myself and family members are happy with our rooms and service once again

Room Tip: Higher floors overlooking lake for best view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Katpauly
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Palace Resort, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
We are beyond thrilled when our guests have a fantastic experience with us here at tge Westgate Palace. We aim to exceed your vacation experience as many times as you come. It pleases us to know that you found our units to be clean and the staff was friendly. We are already waiting for your family return during Christmas! Micky
Estero, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

First I have to start by saying that I have never written a review for any hotel good or bad (and I travel a lot); however after my traumatizing experience at the palace I feel it was my responsibility as a human being to warn people about this horrible ghetto hotel! I wish I would have listened to the other bad reviews. I normally like to experience things myself as some people may be hard to please but not the case here. Everything the bad reviews say is true! My family and another family stayed over the July 4th weekend. To start we paid for a deluxe room which is significantly bigger then a standard room. When we arrived they put us in a standard room. It did not occur to me until I started reviewing pictures on here the next morning that we were in the wrong room.

Ok we arrived at close to 12am. The checkin instructions indicated we had to check in at the other location when we got there the welcome center was closed. They told us to go check in at the palace and then return at 8am to register at welcome center and tour. Yes we had agreed on a tour because that is how we got a good deal! ( please please pay extra and stay some place else)!

In the morning we got up and went to the other location to register at the welcome center and tour when we get there we were told our tour was at the palace back to the palace. To start I was already offended that anyone would try to sell me a ghetto hotel. Parking is not enough for the amount of people they have so my husband had to park across the street. While my little ones and I waited in the lobby the night of checkin I was scared from the ghetto people that were popping in and out at 1am! A group of people came out of the elevator smelling like pot!

Once we arrive to our room the night of checkin I really felt like crying and just taking my kids anywhere else but we had already paid. The hotel looks like an old motel! The sheets have a brown tint and on top of that had brown and yellow stains there was white crust all over the head board. The tubs were black and I really mean the tubs were suppose to be beige but were black with dirt!

Ok so why would anyone try to sell that! Ok our tour guy! He started off real real nice although he seemed annoyed with our very well behaved girls! He first stated he was just going to give us the tour that he was not a sales guy and that he was just at the hotel to help the other sales guys out! That he would show us around then if we said no it was no! Oh boy but that was a total lie! The tour was over and then he turned into a sales guy! We had also told him about the mixup with our room because the welcome center told us to tell him. He first said " don't worry I will get that taken care of for you" well... When we told him we were not interested in buying there he started getting really mad and insulting us " so you telling me you are here on vacation taking your kids to seaworld and spending all this money and you talked about how nice you live and you can't afford this, so you never going to travel" and on and on then he got up real angry and said under his breath ( sounds like you fronting)! I swear I can't stop thinking about that I am so traumatized !

Then he returned and said ok we are done then when I asked him about our room correction he said well I don't know maybe they will cal you later. Anyways I went to front desk and the only nice experience was the lady Marilyn who kindly corrected our room!

And I could go on but the worst part was I got home and started to unpack my bags and found a huge roach! Please please don't stay here please it's the worst experience I have every had!

I came home feeling like I wanted to throw out all my cloths! This is not a resort by any means. Please take my word and don't stay here! I wish I would have listened!

Room Tip: Don't stay here it's ghetto old motel not resort
6 Thank Gtravel321
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Palace Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to review our resort.

We are very sorry to hear that your experience was not up to the standard that Westgate Resorts holds itself to.

We have every desire to address your concerns and provide the best solutions available to resolve every issue. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you.

Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

It is our goal to retain you as a satisfied guest and will hope to serve you again soon.

Katrina
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel we stayed 6 days the 3 days were good but after being tied up for 4 and a half hours in a timeshare gimick which they said would only last 1 hour things went south.
We arrived the 26 of July and of our 6 day stay room service came and cleaned ONCE I had to call at least once daily to have them come get the trash and get clean towels and have them take the dirty ones. I even called one day at 1 and when I returned that night room service had not cleaned at all. So I personally went down to front desk to only be treated as if I was bothering them. For almost $1,000 for 6 days I expected at least a smile. I won't return I'll be spendingy money at another hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank snowflake911
We appreciate your review of the Westgate Palace in orlando. We strive in providing each and every guest with an outstanding vacation experience; we apologize you did not have the same experience. Because we are a timeshare property our housekeeping service does not work the same way as a hotel. On the other hand, you can request and pay for additional cleaning services. Furthermore, our staff should have treated you courteously at all times. Please, allow us another chance to provide you with an outstanding service! M.B