Florida, especially in the summer has a scattered storm go through EVERY afternoon. I used to live here and I knew this. However they are scattered as in north orlando may be raining and south orlando not. Westgate will shut the pool down whenever there is a storm in the area, which as I stated above is every afternoon through the summer. This was confirmed by an employee, almost everyday in the afternoon the pool will be closed. Yesterday it was for 2 hours today it's has been over 3 and counting. We decided to take a drive and all other hotel waterparks in the area were opened. I get safety but it's going a little to far as many other area pools and waterparks remained open. It hasn't even rained here in over 2 hours. Also don't buy a frozen drink from bar as it is very, very weak.
Everything else is cool. Our 2 BR condo is nice with a great bed, bath and shower. It's a little dated but that's no big deal as I'm only here for a few nights. Staff is friendly and helpful. Timeshare tour wasn't as stressful as some have mentioned but it was longer than advertised. However (2) free tix to universal made it worthwhile. It wasn't a bad deal to buy in however we passed. Overall good but probably would look elsewhere next time. Pool is a big part of vacation which keeps it a 3 star versus 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home! All villas are non-smoking and range from Studio Villas with kitchenette and large jetted tub that sleep 4 to spacious Four-Bedroom Villas with full kitchen plus two kitchenettes that sleep up to 16, all within minutes of Orlando's world-class theme parks and tourist attractions. With scheduled shuttle service to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and the Orlando Premium Outlets, 7 pools, full service Serenity Spa, Marketplace, Smokehouse Grill restaurant, Sid's Bistro serving Starbucks, extensive Activities program and lakefront Marina there is sure to be something for everyone. Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is also pet friendly, allowing one pet under 60 lbs (fees apply). Come enjoy your Orlando vacation in comfort at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa Orlando, Florida