I stayed at Westgate Lakes Resort for 5 nights in January 2009. I had a promotional rate of $29/night but I had to attend a timeshare meeting. When I arrived I upgraded for $50 more from a studio to a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. I didn't realize until I checked out that there were also additional fees and taxes with the upgrade.
The first day I was there the toilet overflowed because something was stuck in it. The plumber did come with the plunger. The next day it was getting ready to overflow again and the plumber came back with his plunger but had to later return with a snake and finally the toilet was all set.
Then the safe didn't work. We had to call someone for that and it took them a few days to come. They took the front of the safe and said they would return with another one but never did for our entire stay.
We had to cancel the housekeeping since we couldn't lock up any of our valuables.
The refrigerator also did not close well.
I went to the timeshare meeting. I had to meet the representative at the restaurant a few blocks away - I drove my car there. The representative took me with her golf cart to the meeting place at the Westgate Resorts. When I didn't buy she said I could just wait out front for the next bus which would come within the 1/2 half. I thought that this was awful - she should have taken me back to my car with the golf cart.
When we complained about these inconveniences none of our money could be refunded but we were given a $50 voucher to use in the resort.
Overall it was a nice place - beautiful grounds - nice location - nice pool - the staff tried to accomodate us the best they could but the rooms especially mine needed to be updated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home! All villas are non-smoking and range from Studio Villas with kitchenette and large jetted tub that sleep 4 to spacious Four-Bedroom Villas with full kitchen plus two kitchenettes that sleep up to 16, all within minutes of Orlando's world-class theme parks and tourist attractions. With scheduled shuttle service to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and the Orlando Premium Outlets, 7 pools, full service Serenity Spa, Marketplace, Smokehouse Grill restaurant, Sid's Bistro serving Starbucks, extensive Activities program and lakefront Marina there is sure to be something for everyone. Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is also pet friendly, allowing one pet under 60 lbs (fees apply). Come enjoy your Orlando vacation in comfort at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa Orlando, Florida