The majority have it with a terrible review.
Stayed there this past week and found out that wallets were stolen and vehicles were broken into, all presumably by a group of workers at the facility. I know because we were one of the victims. Besides the rash of burglaries, we also found out that a worker at the facility went missing some time ago and the last place she was seen was Westgate Lakes. They should change the name to Prisongate Lakes.
I met with other possible buyers and they described the “resort” as low income housing or projects and are not interested in buying. The facility is not well lit at night, and there are a lot of places to hide for criminals and seedy people. Only twice during our bug infested stay did the security check in guard actually stop us to see if we had a parking pass or room key. Relatives of mine are owners and are actively trying to sell. They said over the years this facility has gone down hill. Westgate tries to hide everything with a fresh coat of paint. (Try touching the ceilings in the showers and see if your finger goes through the drywall.) If you choose to stay, do yourself a favor and bring a can of roach repellant.
The walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING from the rooms on either side of you. The pools are filled with multiple nationalities blasting their own radios with music in their respective language, so you cannot enjoy a relaxing day at the pool. Every pool restroom I entered had clogged toliets and no towels for drying hands.
Westgate Lakes tells you that the purchase is good forever and can be willed to your children however Florida law states that the time share is only good for 99 years. If any major renovations are done during your ownership, you will be billed in addition to your yearly maintenance fees. If you do not feel that paying for the room is enough, everything else costs additional money. "We have Wi-Fi....but it costs additional, You could use our business center...but it costs additional, We have an ice cream social you could enjoy...but it costs additional" it just does not stop!
Stay away, if you choose to be foolish and buy, I would suggest you read the fine print while they are bullying you into a purchase. I would not recommend this stay to an enemy let alone a friend or relative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home! All villas are non-smoking and range from Studio Villas with kitchenette and large jetted tub that sleep 4 to spacious Four-Bedroom Villas with full kitchen plus two kitchenettes that sleep up to 16, all within minutes of Orlando's world-class theme parks and tourist attractions. With scheduled shuttle service to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and the Orlando Premium Outlets, 7 pools, full service Serenity Spa, Marketplace, Smokehouse Grill restaurant, Sid's Bistro serving Starbucks, extensive Activities program and lakefront Marina there is sure to be something for everyone. Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is also pet friendly, allowing one pet under 60 lbs (fees apply). Come enjoy your Orlando vacation in comfort at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa Orlando, Florida