“Ripoff”
Review of Magical Midway

Magical Midway
Ranked #107 of 437 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Carnival-type midway with two go-kart tracks, a fast track, thrill rides and a collection of classic rides.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife and I came to this arcade/gocart place years ago before having kids and had a great time. We drove go-carts and played arcade games.. it was a really fond memory.

We have to girls who are 10 & 13 now. On a cool day during our vacation we decided to find an arcade and let them have some fun. So we hunted down the arcade that we had visited when we dated.. I thought it would be great to bring them back to the place where mom & dad had once enjoyed.

When we got inside it was empty. That should have been our HINT. We went to go on the go-carts but unfortunately the height requirement precluded them in driving which was a great disappointment. So we decided to skip that and just play in the arcade room. What a rip-off. Games are old and out-dated. Back when it was tokens you could play a machine for 1 or 2 tokens (25-50c). Now they use a credit card system (to hide the actual cost) with points on it. Crappy old games from the 80's like pac-man and skee-ball cost 7 points.. (that's 70 cents!). Better games like the driving ones cost 14 points or more (that's $1.40 to play an arcade game). I'm not a cheap person by any stretch -- but that's absurd. Not to disappoint my kids, I gave them each a card with 20 bucks on it. (they even charged me for the stupid cards). $40 bucks gone in 20 minutes and the kids didnt have any fun.

I must say I am disappointed with what has happened to this place. Owners should stop being so greedy and they place might have some customers!

3  Thank FPC911

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We visited this place to ride the sling shot. At 390 feet tall it is the tallest in the world. When we got there it started to rain so we went in to play video games for a while. My husband went to get cash from the ATM and it went down during the dispensing process. The manager was super helpful but unable to do anything as it's not their ATM. So she gave us $20 credit at the arcade and a discount on our slingshot rides. She was AWESOME to deal with and her accent made it even more pleasing. I wasn't thrilled with the fact that you have to buy an arcade card for $1. And our go kart really sucked. But the swing was great and the sling shot was thrilling. I didn't catch the managers name but again, she was great!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We got a $25 wrist band to ride go karts and bumper cards for 3 hours which is the best deal you'll find on I-Drive. The place had three tracks that were interesting. 2 tracks were wooden and loud as you drove on them. The other was a tiny short concrete track that just made a small oval. It was called the speed track but honestly I think it went slower than the others. Three of us went on the speed track and my boyfriend's gas pedal was jammed. The crew didn't let him get off the track so he spent the entire time stuck doing 10 mph as we raced by. We rode it a third time later and I was the unlucky one to get the messed up kart.
During a ride my wrist band came off so I put it in my pocket. I continued riding several rides with no problem with just pulling the band out of my pocket when needed. 10 minutes till close one of the employees gave me a problems about not having the band on even though I had been on the track several times. Really? Now you're going to say something? The last ride of the night was the speed track. There was only 2 of us in line and the employee decided he was going to fill up every single kart with gas and make us wait. Guess he couldn't wait another 5 minutes until close.
The girl at the counter who we bought the wrist bands looked miserable and had no personality. That's all I can really say about her.
The employees are shady. The locals are just as bad. Just a bunch of teenagers who cant operate a go kart or listen to directions.
The carousel wasn't on and neither were bumper boats. The arcade games don't give you hardly any tickets.
Basically, if you have small children or want a family environment with a good time, this is not the place for you. Spend the extra cash somewhere else. If you're broke with teenagers, then be my guest.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We went there for a few hours with our 13 & 11 year olds. They open at 2pm. We got the $25 wrist bands for the kids & they went on the Go Karts so many times. We didn't go on anything else. Their bathrooms are clean.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We had a great time on the swings, and racing go karts my daughter loved the trampoline bungee. But they 6 rude girls behind the ticket counter need a lesson in customer service when someone approaches the counter you should probably stop your conversation and sell tickets that people are waiting in line for. It was like we were a bother to them. They should be reminded it's customers like us why they even have a job!!! Next time we will go to fun spot or somewhere where they are polite and smile and greet you as you approach.

2  Thank Christina G