We booked this hotel as it was our honeymoon and so slashed out in a little luxury. The entrance lobby is nothing short of stunning and really set the standard for the rest of the hotel, which im pleased to say was just as impressive. Very clean and the staff could not do enough for you, incredibly polite, as we stayed for 2 weeks we got to now our cleaning lady and she would always leave us extra chocolate.
The swimming pool and lazy river are brilliant, you can buy a rubber ring to float around on for $7, but they dont mind if you take your own. Plenty of sun loungers surround the pool with staff regularly checking if you need anything. They provide towels for you as well. Also they are two hot spa's next to the pool.
There are plenty of restaurants to choose from all of which you can charge to your room (far to easy a trap to fall into, as we found out). All have excellent food and again the staff are fantastic.
Unfortunately there are a couple of negatives which is a real shame.
Firstly the charge for cark parking, its $18 per night before tax, which for the price you pay for the hotel in the first place is far to much.
When you go to the pool you have to walk through the lower lobby, which has an entrance to one of the restuarants so we regularly found ourself walking past large amounts of people dressed in our bathing suits.
This is largly a business hotel with many conferences going on and can often make it busy however still manages to be family friendly. The hotel has plenty of facilities including laundry, tea/coffee facilities in your room, tourist info centre and shops.
I recommend your have a car if you stay here as although it costs to park, it costs alot more for a taxi to International Drive.
As in the title the hotel is not for the budget holiday, you can easily spend $100 on room service alone for two adults, $20 for sandwiches and between £6-10 for a beer. We had a meal in one of the hotel restaurants for a 2 mains, 2 desserts and 2 drinks it came close to $170 (which we put on the room, again).
All in all this was an incredible hotel and we would stay again although we will resist the urge to charge so much to the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott
- JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes Florida