“Perfect for couples or Families”

JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #72 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My stay was a week around the last 7-days of July. This place was fairly new and the scale of it reminds me of Las Vegas. I saw marbles everywhere and even the public restrooms had real cotton towels to dry your hand and etc;) I had an executive suite that was perfect and everything was very clean and spacious for my needs. The location is near University Studios and the Disney area. The property grounds were outstanding with a lazy river. If I recall, there were palm trees and everything. The JW Marriott Orlando is a family retreat and a couple's get-away because of the romantic lavish feel (especially at night).

Room Tip: Get the executive suite facing the lazy river
1  Thank Al D

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Great Monster (Huge)..of a hotel with every service and facility possible.Perfect for conferences and families.....good choice of restaurants in the hotel...and well managed.If your not happy with the room type ..pay a little extra as they do have some "better " rooms.....Golfers ...its great...with excellent practice facilities .
Dinner ...Try Primo.....a bit pricy but good.

Room Tip: at the right price the hotel is excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Readytoburst
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The hotel was clean and the pool including the lazy river was enjoyed by the kids. The service at the hotel was varied and not what you expect from a flagship hotel brand, as a Gold member I've stayed at many Marriott hotels worldwide and this 8 night stay was disappointing. I was overcharged on my room rate at checkout and when I highlighted this to the representative they asked me to provide proof instead of them checking their own records to confirm, to do this I had to get one of my bags out of storage at the bell stand to find the document which confirmed this, and again had to wait while the Marriott representative checked this with their manager, it eventually took 30 minutes to check out and I had to demand an apology, customer service left a lot to be desired. This will not be a location I will be staying in any time soon.

Room Tip: Retain all your booking information and have this easy to hand on checkout
3  Thank Florence K
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed here for one night with family under the age of 10. They were OBSESSED with the lazy river which we spent most of our stay in. The food at the pool was very good (and so was the service) as was the breakfast buffet. I thoroughly enjoyed and was impressed by the machines at the gym. Cucumber/watermelon water at the gym? YES please! They have a nice Starbucks. The giftshop had some great sale priced JW items. Free wi-fi in the lobby was appreciated.

The room itself was beautiful and what we expect of a JW. The bathroom was large and had a stand-up shower and a very large soaking tub. The robes were confiscated immediately by the youngest in our group and didn't leave them until we made them get dressed like normal people to check out. They said they were "heaven."

We used the sofa pull-out bed and a cot and the boys said that they were very comfortable. Our king-sized bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Plenty of good channels on the TV. The property overall was beautiful though you need some coin to stay and eat here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsHermesMA
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The JW is the perfect location for families to experience luxury. We love the lazy river, definitely the best in Orlando! Pool bar food is excellent, drinks are a little pricey, but that's to be expected

Room Tip: Pool view room!
2  Thank KMF32789
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I was there for a conference last week with my family. I will agree with other posts that the fees and costs are just huge for this place. $18/day for self park and $15+/day for internet. That is insane. Those are NYC and DC prices, not in the middle of a resort in Orlando. Besides the crazy costs of everything (my kids did a sand art jar for $7.00 each--ugh), it was just beautiful. From the moment you drive in to all of the sites it is breath taking. The staff is really, really nice. The buffet breakfast, once again pricey at $25 per adult, but coffee and juice is included and we ate enough for breakfast and lunch to make it worth it. It is close to everything which is good, but frankly I just wouldn't stay here unless I was here for business. Again it is beautiful, but you can get closer to Disney and pay less for parking (or free-gasp!) or stay on site at Sea World and get perks and benefits. If I had all the money in the world and this was another week away, with golf and spa and pool and nice meals, I do it in a heartbeat. Just feels odd going to Orlando and paying that kind of money and not being on Disney.

Room Tip: The room I booked was not the one we got and we were moved so I have no tips as everything I did end...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom2294
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed at JW Marriott from 07/25 for 4 days. This was my second stay there. The property is beautiful and very well maintained, clean, lots of shade, relaxing lazy river, many lounge chairs with umbrellas, you never feel crowded. The staff are smiling, friendly. The place looks like a palace, but not "too much", very tasteful. The room was simple and clean, our chamber maid Sonia R did a great job every day, we stayed on the tenth floor toward the end of the floor.
We are especially grateful to our servers in Citron Braserie, Rachid, Peter and Red. They were so friendly, helpful, genuine. They are a great asset JW Marriott, because in the end we forget about the food( though it was terrific too!), but will always remember the smiles, the good advice, and pleasant conversations. The manager of Citron is Ivana, and I think it's thanks to her the staff are so relaxed and at ease. Overall we highly recommend JW Marriott for stay in Orlando.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, not too far from elevator
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business