“The add on costs add up quickly.” 4 of 5 bubbles

JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #68 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cape Coral, Florida
“The add on costs add up quickly.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have wanted to stay here for a while. The hotel is gorgeous and clean. The add-on fees are on everything and that has taken away the experience here. Self parking is $19/ a day. each time we went go out in the evening, the gate never worked. No guard at the gate, we would have to call for assistance each time, for them to manually let us out. The beds are horrible, very uncomfortable. The lazy river is awesome, but the prices at the bars/restaurants are ridiculous. A glass of OJ, is $5.00, a Bahama mama was $14. Plus they add a 18% gratuity on it too. Don't forget they add on a $25/resort fee each day also. When we received our bill at the end of our stay, we were charged twice for the parking fee. When I went to the front desk, she asked, well do you have 2 cars here? Um, no its just my husband and I. It was fixed after that. Don't think I would stay here again, due to the prices of everything.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank xtandt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Hershey Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stay here once or twice a year for a week at a time and LOVE this resort!!! The resort is gorgeous and the rooms are amazing!!! We were told the first day that we get free internet with the daily resort charge. We would just need to "accept" the $14.95 charge and we would not be charged. The whole stay was amazing and we just love all the staff who make the JW such a wonderful choice!!! The day of checkout we got our bill and we realized we were charged the internet fee on top of the resort fee. I did address it at the front desk and they removed the charge. My husband has recommended this resort to many of our family and friends but he is not too happy right now because he feels they tried to sneak that extra $60.00 on to the bill. I really hope that I can convince him to come back because our family all want to come with us next time and I would love to continue to stay at this gorgeous hotel!! I hope that management can address this!

2 Thank Crissaperez
home
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is definitely a first class beautiful resort. Employees go out of there way to make sure you are happy. They put us in a room that only overlooked the roof and Jordan the bellman new we were not happy. We are loyal customers of Marriott and Jordan went above and beyond making sure we were put in another room. He is a remarkable employee and deserves recognition.
The restaurant at the pool was very good and Primo was probably the best dinner EVER! The rooms and grounds are immaculate. We are looking forward to visiting JW Orlando again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
zara01moore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay at the marriot as we had stayed at the ritz last year. I was pleasantly surprised as I expected the hotel and service to be less than the ritz however I think it is a good match, it's just the more family oriantated one.
The hotel and grounds are beautiful and the rooms are comfortable and clean except the exterior of the windows really could do with a clean.
We was given a lovely room looking over the pool and fireworks in the evening.

The lazy river and pools are perfect for children and kept my daughter busy for ages, staff around the pool do a good job even at the busy times they try hard to offer a good service and the food is nice particularly the cheesy fries.
As a big fan of Starbucks it's a fantastic contribution to the hotel and a change from the pool refreshments.

We genuinely really like this hotel and the only problem we really had was on both occasions we approached the front desk was the language barrier of the staff, it was quite difficult to communicate in length with them without breaking it down in to simple sentences.
Some people have commented in reviews about the expense of the hotel but I actually don't feel it is over priced.

We would visit again and would recommend the hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is what a resort should look like. What a beautiful property. The location is very convenient, very close to Disneyworld and other attractions. We had a room on the 12fl, high enough to see the top of the firework at night. The pool in this hotel is magnificent. THeir lazy river wraps all around and their poolside service is also excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Frontdesk staff not so friendly, self-park is ridiculous, having to walk 300 ft. From the hotel, didn't know I was getting charged for self-parking until I got my bill, the day of checkout, it was never explained to me at check-in, I really don't see why you should have to pay to park your own car.....Housekeeping staff was very helpful and friendly, thats about all, I will not recommend this hotel to any one, all you paying for is the name JW....I think something was wrong with the AC cause I'll room never got cold:(((

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jazzy_Vazquez, Administrative Assistant, Rooms Division at JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
We take all feedback very seriously as it is our goal is to always ensure our guests are satisfied with their service experience. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet your expectations, and for that we are truly sorry. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights at a convention. The room was nice enough, good beds and nice linens. I had a few issues with the stay overall:
-There were stains on the carpet and the shower head had lime buildup or calcium deposits all over it and water was shooting all over the place.
-I came back to my room and couldn't find my shoes because housekeeping had pushed them under the bed.
-There were also hairs in the tub, which is kind of gross.

I expected that it was going to feel like a high end hotel and it didn't really.

We had many meals in the hotel, and they were hit or miss - desserts were good. The bar in the lobby is expensive, and we didn't realize that we could buy bottles of wine in the bodega in the lobby until the last day for a lot less money. We could have stayed at the ritz, which was attached to the hotel...I wish we did.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your sincere feedback. If I place myself in this same situation I can see how this would be extremely frustrating. Please know, your experience is highly unusual to the standards we pride ourselves with, hence the issues expressed have been addressed. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with an excellent hotel experience. I hope you allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort. We hope to welcome you in the near future.