We have stayed at this resort every summer for the last 8 years while my husband attends a conference. My children (13/16) enjoy all the hotel has to offer -- volleyball, lazy river, crafts, game room, Starbucks, etc. We booked 2 rooms. We wanted at least one room to have a balcony but no balconies were open when we checked in. We also wanted the rooms to be close together. The rooms were at opposite ends of the hallway (more than 30 rooms apart). We always book our rooms by early March so it is always confusing to me why they can not ever meet our requests. The boys room was great. Large double window. Clean. Everything in the room was working. The girls room had issues. Around 8 PM we realized the toilet was clogged. After about 45 min the issue was fixed. Around 9:30PM my daughter took a shower. The shower was clogged and holding water. Took three phones calls and almost an hour before our shower was fixed. During the week the shower started holding water again. Yuck! Didn't bother having it fixed again. Seems like when the room is being cleaned by housekeeping the clogged toilet and shower should be noticeable. Upon checking in we requested fridges for both rooms. Neither room got one. I had to call again to get one for the girls room. The boys decided not to call again. Overall, I enjoy staying at this hotel. I enjoying the pool. It keeps the kids entertained. I enjoy the outside poolside casual dining. The rooms are in need of some repair/updating. The front desk has a hard time honoring (following through) with your requests -- fridge delivery, fixing room issues, balcony, etc. The front desk doesn't meet up to the level I am use to being a Platinum Marriott Customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott
- JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes Florida