I cannot fault this place.
Nothing about his hotel was disappointing.
Orlando is a weird place - really a series of hotels linked by gold courses, lagoons and theme parks. But if you're a conference goer (as I was) or a golfer or a theme park attendee, you needn't look further for a perfect hotel.
The place is luxe but not stuffy. The staff was efficient but never officious.
There are HEAPS of things to do - for business travellers and holiday makers alike. Local theme parks, golf courses and shopping malls provide all the fun of the fair and if you're lucky, as I was, you can take the short drive to NASA's famous Kennedy Space Centre at Cape Carnaveral on a launch day.
Of course if you don't want to leave the hotel, there’s plenty of fun including an enormous, meandering swimming pool, bars, gymnasium and local wildlife walks (be careful, there really are alligators in those ponds!).
The rooms were beautiful - well appointed, clean and very comfortable.
One thing that rally stood out: there was always someone, in the background, attending to the fabric of the hotel. Maybe it was a person painting a wall or repairing a garden path. But it was never obtrusive. Rather it demonstrated to me that this place was proud of itself and assured enough not to hide its attention to detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott
- JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes Florida