Monumental MovieLand
US$171
US$252
US$222
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$255
US$288
US$227
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
Travelocity
US$615
US$516
Travelocity
1,585 results
All reviewsblack angusuniversal studioson i driveroom was cleaned dailymin walkcleaned every dayi ride trolleyfree shuttlecoffee machinewalgreensmicrowaveihoptimeshare
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We found the hotel mostly clean but very plain and dated. Uncomfortable beds, staff adequate, front desk checkin/out fairly quick. If you are doing Universal, location really cant be beat, though it's on the crowded budget tourist stretch of I-drive across from wet and wild. The pool was actually pretty good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve399
Reviewed 5 April 2014

First off I feel people are very harsh when reviewing hotels. Our stay in the hotel was fantastic but as the title of this review says there is room for improvement.

Noise: The rooms in his hotel are quite thin. This is nothing the hotel can fix. The only problem here is other guests not respecting other guests. Had to make a complaint to the front desk about noisy guests. This was sorted quickly and professionally.

Ice Machines:I do wish we didn't have the room that was so close to the ice machine, people like to get ice at 3am!

General Maintenance: After reading fellow reviews and viewing photos on trip advisor I was a little worried. When we arrived I didn't notice any issues with our room. On further inspection there was a small rip in the carpet and the bathroom door was loose. Nothing major.

Vending Machines: Only some work. The ones that do are of good value. My favourite machine took "notes only" and didn't give change but the drinks cost $1.50, work that one out?

Wifi: This is hit and miss. When It works it works well. The wifi did drop out a few times but I'm not blaming the hotel! The amount of people I saw face timing in the hotel corridors was unreal. These people steal the bandwidth for other guests who just want to check general internet sites.

Beds: nothing wrong with them! Soft with soft pillows!

Air con: like a fridge! Our room also had a dehumidifier!

Hotel charges: on the Expedia booking it stated we had to pay a $100 deposit. Upon checkin we were not asked for this. When I signed the check in form I was told we would be charged $6 a night service charge. They also didn't ask for this when checking out!

Location: AMAZING! Close to everything! 20mins to universal, 30 seconds to wet n wild, 20 mins from seaworld! Close to some amazing restaurants! Including a Applebee's which opened last week.

Staff: All very friendly and very helpful.

Shuttle buses: very good service to all theme parks. I was upset to witness guests NOT tipping the driver, this is so rude! The service is free for Christ sake! TIP YOUR DRIVER! It's a must!

Hotel restaurant: Great steakhouse! Lovely breakfasts for $4.99. Bargain!

Cats: a previous reviewer states that there are two cats who wonder the grounds. This is incorrect. These two cats have 2 kittens :).

Overall our stay at this hotel was very good and relaxing. He hotel seem to be making improvements. We would consider staying here again. I would also recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 3 April 2014

During my 14 night stay here, the wifi in the rooms worked for around 10 minutes!!

I was away from my family for 2 weeks and chose this hotel for the free wifi in the rooms so I could Skype with them from the comfort of my hotel room. I never once got to do this!

I first mentioned it wasn't working at around 8am on my first day and they already knew about the problem. It still wasn't working at 9pm that night! I kept getting told the same thing 'we're restarting it' 'it'll be on in a few minutes'. It still wasn't working the next day! I had to keep calling my family which in the end, I had a phone bill of over £100, something I was trying to avoid!

The beds are really hard, I'm used to a soft, bouncy bed so I found it very uncomfortable. The pillows are tiny! More like cushions and I couldn't get a good nights sleep on them.

My room was extremely damp! If you left clothes out overnight, they felt moist and weird the next day. Definitely not enough plug sockets for the amount of electrical items, including my phone charger and MacBook.

Don't bother trying to use the ice machines! I walked around the ENTIRE hotel trying all the different machines and the only place you can get ice is at the front desk. It doesn't tell you this anywhere though! Only 1 of the vending machines work and some of the others don't say 'out of order' so good luck finding it! It seems like if something breaks, it doesn't get fixed, which is really bad for guests. The staff don't even seem to care how much of an inconvenience this can be.

You pay a resort fee which they say includes the use of the safe in your room but they don't give you the key unless you go back and ask for it.

Our bath plug didn't even fit in the bath, it just balanced over it, so if you knocked it with your foot, the bath would begin to drain!

The ATM was broken for the full 2 weeks I was there so you have to walk to one of the stores to use theirs instead.

The TV in my room always had weird green lines across it, it might as well have been broken along with everything else!

The ONLY good thing about this hotel is the location, Walgreens is a few buildings down. 25 minute walk to Universal Studios. the Iride stop is right outside of the hotel and it's never busy.

I wouldn't stay here again and I wouldn't recommend this hotel. The International Palms Resort is so much better and only 5 minute walk away from this place, I'd recommend checking them out first!

Everything that's supposed to make this hotel a 3*, doesn't work which is why I'm giving it 2*s.. And that's being nice.

Also, if you don't like cats, avoid this place. There's 2 cats that roam around the pool area all the time!

Room Tip: I'd recommend staying at the International Palms Resort. It's a lot nicer, cleaner and things actually work there!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tyrant_virus
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed for three days on March 2014. The building is nice and rooms and lobbies are spacious. However, the floor has a lot of stains, and small bugs can be found crawling the furniture. There is $6.75 service fee/ day in addition to the Priceline price we paid for. The wireless Internet is slow and unstable. Breakfast cost $8. The first night we heard loud whiinning sound from windows, possibly due to wind (18 mph); otherwise it's quite. My impression is that the building was nice to start with but the management system has fall behind. This is not a three star hotel.

Room Tip: Don't use Priceline.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jilin L
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Pros
Good location - can walk to universal studios in 25 minutes. 20 minute drive to Disney World, plenty of restaurants and shops withing walking or driving distance.
Plenty of parking available
Cheap rates compared to some of the other hotels in the area

Cons
Moderately clean at best- had a cockroach in our room one night, the carpets and public areas are quite grungy
Lighting is quite dim
Wifi is terrible unless you happen to be there in the middle of the day, when everyone else is at the theme parks. In the evening we had trouble loading email let alone anything else

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple