“Another great year at the Leisure”

Westgate Leisure Resort
Ranked #236 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Leisure is a great relaxing place to go that is inexpensive. It is not a 5 star but who wants to pay 5 star prices anyhow?!?! The place is clean. The staff are kind. It is close to Sea World, Disney, Universal, grocery store, outlet shopping....what more could you ask for? We chose to mostly relax this year so we used the pool, jacuzzi, shot some pool and my daughter went to the activity room for lots of fun. Not to mention we meet a wonderful family that shared a game of volleyball with us then we all went to the pool. See you next year Leisure...

Room Tip: It is a little louder by the pool but not bad.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make it yet another memorable vacation experience! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything from our beautifully appointed rooms to our beautiful grounds. Again, thank you for your feedback. Our team waits for your next visit!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at the Westgate leisure for our one week Family vacation and a good time. Rooms are a bit smaller than we are use to at the Westgate Town Center and had more carpeting than I would have liked but we had everything we needed for a great stay. Good service and beautiful grounds. My only gripe was the cleanliness of the rooms could have been better. There was a good layer of dust under the beds, behind the night stands and under the sofa bed. Otherwise nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us on your trip to Orlando .We strive every day to exceed our guests' expectations. I am so happy that we were able to accomplish this goal for you. It’s would be an honor to provide you with another excellent vacation!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had two units for 10 people. The washer & drier is always a bonus. Both units were updated with flat screen TVs & new furniture in the 3 years since we were last here. My grandkids loved the pool & the turtles in the pond. The location makes the place great either Disney or Universal & is only one street from Sea World. I've stayed here many times before & will stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't like the first floor rooms here, because the is less privacy.
1  Thank Goofy S
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm ecstatic that your stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable. We strive to create a relaxing environment for all of our guests. We are delighted to hear that everything from our beautifully appointed rooms to our outstanding team helped create a memorable experience for you. When you return we will be here to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

It was very close to the parks, the room was clean and the washer and dryer was free. The only bad thing was that the walls where very thin and the room did not had a balcony. The small store for groceries is near and has a good selection. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at a lower level.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travelmuch701
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. We are delighted to hear that you found our location the perfect spot to enjoy the areas Theme Parks. We appreciate you choosing us for your stay and hope you provide us with the pleasure again in the future!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed at another Westgate resort in 2012 and the experience was much different. Finding this place is difficult the sign is so small and tucked away in some bushes. The entryway is a big pointless circle to get to registration which is located all the way in the back. The front desk lady did not really speak and just checked us in. Then we went to get our welcome pack from I believe Joe bald head jerk whom will push you to your ends to come check out his time share presentation to get you huge discounts. Don't waste your time been to one before they promise 90 mins your lucky if you get out in 4 hours. I spoke to others whom did the presentation they stated a big waste of a day. Got to our room looked great: nice kitchen with everything you need, but very dusty on the fridge. The rooms looked great nice swan towel in the main bedroom. Laundry and dryer outside. Great view outside the pool, Boy I was wrong walls as thin as paper, can hear everything outside and next door. My friend had no problem in her room just hearing the neighbors all night long. unfortunately, I did not have a good experience here I kept waking up with bites. fist night my arms had 4 bits but I didn't think anything of it, 2nd night on my back, so I switched the bed, nope my right leg under my knee was terrible. I killed 2 white clear looking spider. When I told the guy at check out he told me I could file a report with Security. Seriously security over bites. My bathroom had mold in the tub corner area. we stayed for most of our trip due to location being great and we were barely in our room. The property looks amazing nice, kool chess area, nice pool, hot tub but not worth all the hassle. In the middle of the week my smoke detector was going off and a very nice Russian Security Guard helped. we also Found one amazing employee are last day there name Justin in the activities area very nice we had ice cream with him and another gentleman didn't catch his name. Oh last thing I have never seen a resort with people living on site month to month. Terrible. would not consider coming here or sending my worst enemy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Rosalove7
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and for any inconveniences they may have caused. We have taken note of each matter you have had and will pass them on to the appropriate members of our staff. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Guest satisfaction is out top priority and we regret that we fell short during your stay. The issues you experienced are very rare and we do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Vic

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have been to many time shares since I bought mine in 1990 and this is the first one that had cock roaches. My trip was ruined because I was afraid to go into the kitchen out of fear of seeing a cock roach. I left the resort early because of this so I didn't get my money's worth. When I checked out I told the manager and she said that I could have switched rooms but at that point I just wanted to leave there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Christina R
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you experienced an issue with bugs in your unit. Unfortunately, in Florida they are around quite a bit due to the weather. We do however have an exterminator on site that can come spray your unit if any bugs appear. Our Front Desk staff would also be more than happy to move you to a different unit if you do run into any issues during your stay. We hope this will not keep you from visiting us again.

Nicole

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We arrived to find our unit very clean and well maintained. When we walked in it felt like walking into our own home. When we travel to Orlando area again we will call in advance and make plans to stay at the Westgate Leisure Resort

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We’re delighted you found our resort to be clean, well maintained, and felt like your home away from home. Our goal is to provide a memorable vacation and we’re overjoyed to know you will visit again the next time you’re in the Orlando area!

Nicole

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive
Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Diamond Resorts Grand Beach
Westgate Blue Tree Resort
Westgate Blue Tree Resort
#225 of 340 in Orlando
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

Been to Westgate Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!