“Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport
Ranked #187 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We planned to arrive very late at Orlando airport and needed to book a hotel close to the airport so we could start our drive south the next morning. Our flight was delayed and we arrived around 1am. We found the clerk at the desk to be really friendly and helpful to our tired family of travelers. We found this hotel to be immaculate with very comfortable beds and generous room sizes. The air conditioning worked beautifully and our rooms were quiet. The breakfast was included and was really well done. I will definitely book here again next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: When I booked I asked for a quiet side of the building, I was not disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My daughters and I stayed here for one night because we had a very early flight out of Orlando International Airport. Check-in was very easy and efficient, the staff was very courteous and friendly, and there were no problems with the elevators getting to our room.

We did use the pool for an afternoon swim, and they had a lift available for handicapped use, which is something I don't think I've seen at a hotel before. We did not need to use it, but I thought that having it available was quite nice. Pool towels are available on the pool deck.

The room was very clean and comfortable, both beds had adequate pillows (marked firm or soft) and the bedspread was thick without being too heavy. The bathroom was stocked with toiletries and plenty of towels. Hot water was in good supply and the water pressure was great. Air conditioning worked great (which is a MUST in Central Florida), and it was also very quiet! A flat screen television with several cable channels was very nice. Larger than a standard hotel room, in addition to the two queen beds, it also had a separate sitting area, with a comfortable chair, a desk, and a cart with microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator. I did not notice any extraneous noise while trying to sleep.

If there is one knock against the hotel, is that there are very few electrical outlets for use in appropriate places. While an electrical outlet was readily available on the desk lamp (great for charging electronic devices), there was no outlet near the nightstand by the bed. I happen to use a CPAP machine, and having an outlet available near a nightstand would really be a plus. I did end up plugging it into the wall next to the bed, but I then had to have the machine sit on the bed so that I could use it.

Check out was very simple. I did not use the hotel shuttle, but I saw many families outside waiting for it as we left for the airport. The airport is VERY close, I would say a mile or so away. The location of this hotel is sort of odd, as you have to turn into a 7-11 to get into the parking lot, but it still was very simple to find.

It was a very nice stay, and if I ever need to stay overnight for an early flight again, I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Leigh D
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Holiday Inn Express is a very convenient hotel if your planning to fly out of Orlando. The rooms a re very re3asonable they have a airport shuttle and your can leave your car for two weeks free of charge. This allowed us to shorten a very long travel day to Hawaii and save money on parking as well. The hotel room was very clean and the continental breakfast was great. The sdhuttle starts running at 0430 so early flights are no problem. This is the second time staying here and would recommend it to anyone traveling out of Orlando.

Room Tip: the suits are worth the little extra charge but as there are a limited number make reservations ahea...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

What a gem! We were greeted by the G.M , Daphne.She was so pleasant & helpful. Gave us a wonderful room ,which has new bedding and is very comfortable. Was able to easily print out our boarding passes...Can't wait for breakfast! :) Great price & free shuttle. Thank you .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snowpass
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have become a big fan of the Holiday Inn Express hotels. We have been staying with them over the past few years on our travels around the United States. We were going on a Disney cruise out of Port Canaveral so we decided to stay here for our pre-cruise night. We did not arrive till almost 1:00 am in the morning but we called and the shuttle was there in a few minutes. The hotel was very clean and check in was very fast. (o.k it was 1 in the morning) The room was nice and very well appointed. The breakfast next day was very good. You could either do hot or cold with a variety of beverages. The free shuttle took us back to the airport so we could connect to the Disney shuttle to Port Canaveral. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trying2go
Lauren A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Wow! Thank you for your review of our property. There are many choices for hotels, in the Orlando Airport area and you chose us! We're so happy that you enjoyed yourselves and felt comfortable here, from beginning to end. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We hope we have the chance to serve you again soon. Take care.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Convenient free shuttle. Free hot and cold breakfast. Clean. Staff was nice.

There was another hotel (La Quinta maybe?) a bit closer to where we ate, Fish on Fire, which was a fun place to have dinner on Cinco de Mayo, to which we walked about five minutes from the hotel, in the rain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, I sincerely thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear about your positive experiences, while staying with us! The local Fish on Fire restaurant is always a hit. Hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The hot water has been shut off for the last 2 hours and no one told us that it would be happening. I just talked to the front desk and the woman was extremely rude, didn't care and seemed pissed off that I was bothering her. Apparently we should have been told at check in yesterday but that did not happen. Why would you shut off the water 2 hours before checkout?!?

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Purduepilot
Lauren A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for your review concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport. I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I hope you accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced, with not having any hot water. I am disappointed we failed to give you the information and considerations we strive for with all of our guests. I will investigate your comments, and apologize again that we were unable to accommodate you fully. I will address these issues with all departments as well as our General Manager. We hope you will not let this experience be the determining factor for your return to our establishment. The next time you need to stay near the Orlando Airport please contact one of our managers.