“Horrible service. Disney should be ashamed.”

Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Ranked #41 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I was always told Disney service was the best. Well that's not what I received from this very expensive hotel. I was polite but the front desk was not. Not only do they not know their own policy for checkin time, they straight lied to me. For $700 a night ill go somewhere else. Disney management better get this under control.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank chk6499
There are newer reviews for Disney's BoardWalk Villas

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Disney's Boardwalk Villas is the best location in Walt Disney World. Walking distance to both Hollywood Studios and Epcot. The shops, restaurants and entertainment just add to the overall experience. The pool is good but Disney's Yacht club has that category locked up with Stormalong Bay.

We are DVC members and own at Saratoga Springs. We have never stayed there because we love staying at the Epcot resorts area.

There were a few issues. 1. our room wasn't ready at 4:00 pm but they made up for that with an inconvenience refund. 2. At check out (11:00 am) we received two phone calls ( one at 10:30 and the next at 11:00) from someone who hung up as we answered. I can only assume it was housekeeping checking to see if we were still in the room.

Here are a few recommendations:
1. Use the hotel ammenities such as concierge services. They make your trip BETTER.
2. Buy the resort mug. Fill it up every time you leave. It saves money
3. Add room location requests to your reservation. It never hurts to ask for what you want.

Enjoy your stay at this incredible hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel is huge. If you don't like walking long hallways or stairs, request a room near the e...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eric H
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Great place to stay. Quiet and very nice. Walking distance to Boardwalk's ESPN as well as Epcot. 2 room villa was very spacious. Fridge is big. Disney buses come by every 15 minutes, and take you to Disney parks as well as Downtown Disney.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom easily sleeps 6-8. Only 2 bathrooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank flvacationer25
Reviewed 3 January 2013

first time staying at the Boardwalk. I chose it because I'd found these quaint looking garden cottages online, and thought it would be a perfect spot for hubby, myself and our adult son. One of the main things they advertised was peace and quiet, as it's in a hidden courtyard. When I am traveling without children, I would rather not be subject to lots of noise.

The cottages were very nice, and we enjoyed very good housekeeping - which I believe in tipping for. The layout offered our son his own television, and bathroom ( sans shower ) which was great for all of us. My husband needs a scooter to get around, and it was a tight fit in the living room area, but worked. The mini kitchen ( microwave, fridge, coffeemaker ) was just great for us, as I did not want to cook, but we often brought back leftovers to reheat. These units are "club level" - meaning you had unlimited access to the concierge lounge. This was a first time for us at this level, and I admit to mixed feelings - both about the cost and the benefit. The cost was outrageous, and you have to travel from the cottages to the fourth floor of the main building to get to the lounge, which is not very convenient when you want your morning coffee. That being said, the staff ( with one exception ) was very friendly and mostly helpful. It was great to have their "juice" when wanting a last minute reservation for dinner, and they were helpful with lost packages, but when I asked them to help me make a spa reservation, they tried to make a phone call, and gave up when nobody answered the phone. I walked to the spa, and made my own appointment. The food offered is very average, but pretty tasty. Mornings were cereal, hot and cold, along with pastries, yogurt, juice, hard boiled eggs and bagels. Snack time was chips and cookies. Hot appetizers were from the restaurants on the boardwalk, and in the ten days I was there - pretty much the same each day. Dessert time rotated the same desserts over and over. I was happy to note that after four requests, they did bring in some NA for my husband and myself. This is not normally available. You DO have a balcony from which to view the fireworks at EPCOT, but these are just the high fireworks, not the program itself. If you have small children, note that staying in the "quiet" courtyard does not apply during Illuminations. The sound of the fireworks is so loud, and echos so much that it would wake any child trying to sleep.

The hotel itself is very nice, but does not promote a feeling of community, as the lobby is small, and there are no common areas where you might strike up a conversation with others resting or sitting. LOTS of families with small children stay here, and the noise level is quite high.

If your favorite parks are EPCOT and Hollywood studios, then this is a good choice. Being located so close, we had short walks to the parks, and plenty of time to revisit at leisure. If you enjoy eating in the world showcase, then you have quick access to those restaurants - even when you aren't in the parks.

Although we enjoyed the stay, I would not book here again - having other resorts that meet my needs and expectations much better.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank gramofone
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Stayed in the studio which had the kitchen which is always a good extra. This resort location is what makes it a popular spot, being walking distance to epcot and hollywood studios. Only downside to this resort is the parking, if you have a vehicle, and if you use the bus system as this hotel is also combined with beach and yacht club as well as the swan and dolphin. At peak times if you are staying on the lagoon side it can be a considerable walk to the hotel from some of the parking areas, almost worth the valet prices when it is crowded. Other than that this is a great place because of the many restaurant options and there is always something happening on the boardwalk.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jcc727
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Hubby & I booked a studio (standard view, #4133) last minute for a 1 night 'getaway' during the busy weekend between Christmas & New Years. We took advantage of "online check-in" and were able to pass the 'longer line' for those without that benefit. Our room was ready at 2:30 p.m. even with this fully booked resort. I knew that the view would most likely be of the parking lot - which has it's advantages (quieter). Our room was very clean, well appointed, and updated (hdtv, furnishings) since our last visit to this resort several years ago. The only negative for this last minute adventure was that our studio was about as far away from the elevators (only 1 location for all elevators in the villas) as possible. I counted at least 375 steps from the elevator to our room (not much else to do while making this jaunt). If you like to walk - then that's not an issue. If that is an issue - do request a room as near the elevators as possible. They do try to accommodate those requests, but be sure to make that request at booking.
Other than the long trek, all else was nice. We took advantage of the valet parking ($15 per day) but since we have "Tables in Wonderland" and dined at a Disney 'sit-down' restaurant, our valet was covered. (DVC members used to get free valet, but that ceased.) Note that you do have to take your dinner receipt and TIW card to the valet desk (each day) to get this perk.
We took the boat across the lake to dine at the Captain's Grille at Yacht Club. Upon our return decided to pick-up a light breakfast in advance from the bakery on the Boardwalk and a funnel cake for dessert. Then returned to our room for the evening. From our balcony you could see some of the fireworks at the Hollywood Studios. You could also hear very well the fireworks from EPCOT, but they were not visible from our balcony. Note: 4133 is one of the rooms (4th floor) which has an uncovered balcony. Most of the balconies have awnings or are covered by the balconies above them, this one did not...which when it rained, made it difficult to enjoy the outdoor space.
One other difference from previous studio visits at Disney is that there was no coffee table/ottoman in front of the sofa. When calling the front desk to request a packet of decaf coffee (regular coffee is provided, decaf is free but should be requested), my husband asked about the lack of coffee table. He was informed that the fire marshall made them remove them because there was not enough room in the studio when the sofabed was extended. I hope they'll figure out some way to make a smaller coffee table work in this type room. We brought in and utilized the little balcony table for extra table space when using the sofa.
All in all a delightful stay - typically great castmembers making us feel welcome and great accommodations.

Room Tip: Request rooms near elevators or plan on a l-o-n-g walk. However, rooms farther from elevators are q...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OfChorus
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

This well located well equipped villa is a great place to stay while at disney world. Rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable service was impeccable from directions to dinner suggestions. Easy walk to both Epcot and Disney studios.

• Stayed: October 2012