“Location, location, location”

Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Ranked #42 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Love the location of this hotel. After 10 times at Walt DisneyWorld, we have stayed quite a few places and yes, you do pay more for a great location, which means less time waiting for a bus and more time enjoying your vacation. We don't usually use all the amenities (they have too many to mention) but we love being able to walk to Epcot and DHS, as well as grab a bite at one of the many restaurants on the Boardwalk. If you can swing it, a Villa is the way to go, as the kitchenette (we get a studio) will save you a ton by having breakfast and snacks in the room. Every time we stay somewhere else, we find ourselves asking "Why didn't we stay at the Boardwalk?" Once you stay here, you'll ask yourself the same thing!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wandalicious
There are newer reviews for Disney's BoardWalk Villas

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed here January 2013 for the first time as a DVC owner. I was kind of worried because I didn't really like how the rooms looked in photos, and I know the villas really lag behind the regular rooms with regard to renovations. However, I was really pleasantly surprised. I stayed in a studio, which I would suggest for parties of 2. The sleeper sofa just didn't look that great.

My room was very clean and a nice size. We had a boardwalk view room which was amazing. If you can afford it, definitely splurge. The views of the boardwalk and Yacht/Beach Club were incredible. We slept with the blinds open, and I loved seeing all the lights and the Epcot ball from my bed.

The pool isn't my favorite in Disney, but it's definitely very cute for kids. The location is one of the greatest features. Having all the restaurants there on the boardwalk, a quick walk to HS and Epcot, and being able to walk around the boardwalk to the other hotels at night was just wonderful. I can't wait to stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The BoardWalk Villas have a great location - you cannot beat being able to walk to Epcot or the Studios or take the boat. The resort is very large and the lengthy hallways can appear to be daunting. The BelleVue Lounge is a piece of great Disney theming. Stop by and check it out. The whole theming of the resort is unique and full of neat nooks and crannies.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a view of the BoardWalk. It is a nice view at any time of the day.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBoomerang
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I was always told Disney service was the best. Well that's not what I received from this very expensive hotel. I was polite but the front desk was not. Not only do they not know their own policy for checkin time, they straight lied to me. For $700 a night ill go somewhere else. Disney management better get this under control.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank chk6499
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Disney's Boardwalk Villas is the best location in Walt Disney World. Walking distance to both Hollywood Studios and Epcot. The shops, restaurants and entertainment just add to the overall experience. The pool is good but Disney's Yacht club has that category locked up with Stormalong Bay.

We are DVC members and own at Saratoga Springs. We have never stayed there because we love staying at the Epcot resorts area.

There were a few issues. 1. our room wasn't ready at 4:00 pm but they made up for that with an inconvenience refund. 2. At check out (11:00 am) we received two phone calls ( one at 10:30 and the next at 11:00) from someone who hung up as we answered. I can only assume it was housekeeping checking to see if we were still in the room.

Here are a few recommendations:
1. Use the hotel ammenities such as concierge services. They make your trip BETTER.
2. Buy the resort mug. Fill it up every time you leave. It saves money
3. Add room location requests to your reservation. It never hurts to ask for what you want.

Enjoy your stay at this incredible hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel is huge. If you don't like walking long hallways or stairs, request a room near the e...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eric H
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Great place to stay. Quiet and very nice. Walking distance to Boardwalk's ESPN as well as Epcot. 2 room villa was very spacious. Fridge is big. Disney buses come by every 15 minutes, and take you to Disney parks as well as Downtown Disney.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom easily sleeps 6-8. Only 2 bathrooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank flvacationer25
Reviewed 3 January 2013

first time staying at the Boardwalk. I chose it because I'd found these quaint looking garden cottages online, and thought it would be a perfect spot for hubby, myself and our adult son. One of the main things they advertised was peace and quiet, as it's in a hidden courtyard. When I am traveling without children, I would rather not be subject to lots of noise.

The cottages were very nice, and we enjoyed very good housekeeping - which I believe in tipping for. The layout offered our son his own television, and bathroom ( sans shower ) which was great for all of us. My husband needs a scooter to get around, and it was a tight fit in the living room area, but worked. The mini kitchen ( microwave, fridge, coffeemaker ) was just great for us, as I did not want to cook, but we often brought back leftovers to reheat. These units are "club level" - meaning you had unlimited access to the concierge lounge. This was a first time for us at this level, and I admit to mixed feelings - both about the cost and the benefit. The cost was outrageous, and you have to travel from the cottages to the fourth floor of the main building to get to the lounge, which is not very convenient when you want your morning coffee. That being said, the staff ( with one exception ) was very friendly and mostly helpful. It was great to have their "juice" when wanting a last minute reservation for dinner, and they were helpful with lost packages, but when I asked them to help me make a spa reservation, they tried to make a phone call, and gave up when nobody answered the phone. I walked to the spa, and made my own appointment. The food offered is very average, but pretty tasty. Mornings were cereal, hot and cold, along with pastries, yogurt, juice, hard boiled eggs and bagels. Snack time was chips and cookies. Hot appetizers were from the restaurants on the boardwalk, and in the ten days I was there - pretty much the same each day. Dessert time rotated the same desserts over and over. I was happy to note that after four requests, they did bring in some NA for my husband and myself. This is not normally available. You DO have a balcony from which to view the fireworks at EPCOT, but these are just the high fireworks, not the program itself. If you have small children, note that staying in the "quiet" courtyard does not apply during Illuminations. The sound of the fireworks is so loud, and echos so much that it would wake any child trying to sleep.

The hotel itself is very nice, but does not promote a feeling of community, as the lobby is small, and there are no common areas where you might strike up a conversation with others resting or sitting. LOTS of families with small children stay here, and the noise level is quite high.

If your favorite parks are EPCOT and Hollywood studios, then this is a good choice. Being located so close, we had short walks to the parks, and plenty of time to revisit at leisure. If you enjoy eating in the world showcase, then you have quick access to those restaurants - even when you aren't in the parks.

Although we enjoyed the stay, I would not book here again - having other resorts that meet my needs and expectations much better.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family