We stayed here for a second time after having stayed here a few years ago and enjoying the added attraction of evenings on the boardwalk. There are a number of good restaurants right there as well as the nightly cast members there to entertain you. There is always something going on evenings on the boardwalk.
The staff is very friendly here and available to help with whatever you may need. If you do online check- in, you 'll be met as you enter the lobby by a cast member who will finish your processing and bring you your room key card and paperwork. We couldn't have had a quicker check-in.
We stayed in a studio, but are not DVC members. We like having the added convenience of a kitchenette which is a great way to start the day. Breakfast in your room with a view overlooking a smaller pool area and the Swan hotel and passing boats was really a nice way to start the faster paced days touring the parks.
We were there for the Flower and Garden Show at Epcot, so this was another reason to choose what has fast become our favorite Disney property to stay at.
You can't beat this location for Epcot, as well as Hollywood Studios, both of which are a pleasant boat ride away, but you can walk right into Epcot in about 10 mins. You are in walking distance to the Beach and Yacht Club on the opposite side of the boardwalk, or a short boat ride across the lake. You can also walk or boat to the non Disney hotels, the Dolphin and Swan where you can find more restaurant choices.
*The one negative for this hotel as some have mentioned already, is that unless you let them know you need a location close to the lobby, you can have a very long walk back and forth to your room. That was the case for us this trip. But the positives for us are this hotel's location and added fun- factor which outweigh the added miles we walked during our week stay. Plus we figure we walked off many of our meals and learned to not forget anything in our room when we left for the day! :)
We recommend the Boardwalk Villas Resort for all the added things to do right outside your hotel.
***and if you are a fan of the flower and garden show, this is the only way to go! This was the best year ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Timeless elegance meets old-fashioned charm at this waterfront Resort hotel. Delight in saltwater taffy-colored cottages, private courtyards and picturesque gardens-plus the ragtime sounds and carnival pastimes of the exciting Coney Island-style boardwalk. Reminiscent of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City, Disney's BoardWalk Villas is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's BoardWalk Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Villas Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disney Boardwalk Villas
- Disney's BoardWalk Villas Orlando, Florida