“Great Location”

Ranked #47 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I go to Disney 2 times a year. I will be staying at Boardwalk for a 3rd time. The hotel lobby and surroundings are beautiful and rooms are adequate complete with hidden Mickey's that I love. I am a bit of a clean freak and want fluffy towels and down comforters but for a Disney hotel - it will have all the basic amenities you could need. I still don't know why Disney uses tacky thin comforters. It's clean, there are excellent restaurants and most importantly you can walk to two parks which is what seals the deal for me. It has a nice charm and the lively boardwalk is always something nice to go back to. Would recommend for family and even more for adults due to the nightlife.

Room Tip: A view of the Boardwalk is fun
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JRFDE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Korean first
Kure Beach, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were here on business, so I liked the trails for walking. The down side for me is the lack of bottled water in all of Disney. They only have the kind with minerals, magnesium sulfate! Not good for asthma. I would not want to expose my grandchildren to the chemicals either.

Room Tip: purchase water before you enter the Disney properties.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank WheezyKB
SAINT PAUL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We are Disney Vacation Club members, and usually stay at our home resort, Old Key West, but decided to try the Boardwalk for this trip, mainly because of its location. I was somewhat concerned over the comments from some people about it being “old” and “in need of refurbishment”. I’m happy to say that our stay and everything about the Boardwalk Villas was completely positive!

We opted to use more points for a “Boardwalk View” and asked for an upper floor. We got a 1 bedroom villa, and were assigned room 5003 and absolutely loved it! Yes, it was a very long walk from the elevator, but the view, of the Boardwalk, lake and surroundings, as well as the view of fireworks from both Epcot and Hollywood Studios was well worth the walk!

We found everything in fine shape within the unit and everything was just as it should be, clean and well equipped. The person at the on line check in was efficient and friendly and all the people we dealt with at the Concierge desk were helpful and enthusiastic. We had received our “magic bands” which opened our unit door, had our park hopper passes and the fast pass information all stored on them. Because heavy rain was predicted for our first full day , we changed our plans and had to rearrange our fast passes. No problem, they took care of everything very cheerfully.

Of course, the fact that you can easily walk to Epcot is one of the really great things about the resort. To go to Hollywood Studios you can walk – but it is a ways (and after all you are already going to log a lot of miles in the parks), so taking the boat to and from is a great option. Coming back from Hollywood Studios on the boat, they stop first at the Swan and Dolphin, and then the Beach and Yacht Club, but suggest that if you want to get off at the Swan and Dolphin, you have just a short walk to the Boardwalk. And it turned out that walking from the Swan and Dolphin put us way on “our end” of the Boardwalk and so we went in the closest door and walked up the 5 flights of stairs, many fewer steps than walking to the lobby, through the lobby and then the long walk from the elevator.

We used our Park Hopper passes to go by bus to the Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom first thing in the morning on the early entry mornings and ended each day at Epcot or Hollywood Studios, which made getting home, after the fireworks, much quicker and easier than fighting your way through the crowds to the buses.

We did sign up for and use the dinner package at Hollywood Studios. You can choose either the Brown Derby or Mama Melrose’s for your meal. We had a late lunch/early dinner at Mama Melrose’s around 4:00. After dinner you get vouchers for a special reserved area pretty much right in the middle for Fantasmic. It seems that between fast passes and dinner packages, only very few “stand-by” guests made it into the show and they were way on the far left in the seating area. It was a good meal (in fact overall, we feel like Disney has upped the quality of food served at the resorts since our last visit)! For adults it was $37.50 and included choice of appetizer, entrée (many choices including a nice steak), dessert (which was 3 full size desserts for 2 people to share) and non-alcoholic beverage (we chose a Pomegranate Lemonaid).

At this point you are able to reserve 3 fast passes per day and though early in the morning there isn’t a big line (except for Soarin), by afternoon, you may wait an hour or more for “stand-by” admittance. So, you should plan your days carefully, talk to the concierge folks and listen to their advice. If you have a car, one nice thing is to drive over and spend some time at the other Disney resorts, we especially enjoy the lodges at the Wilderness Resort and Animal Kingdom.

Room Tip: Boardwalk view and upper floor provides the very best view!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KTSunny
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

It's so convenient to stay here. We walked to Epcot and walked over to the Beach Club to eat one night at Beaches and Cream. Took the boat to Hollywood Studios: so easy to do. I've been a DVC member for awhile and enjoy staying at the different properties. The reasons I only rated very good over all and for service: concierge lines almost always involved rather long waits and for the first time, I had to wait in line to check in. I had done online checking - as usual; the guard at the gate had called ahead to announce our arrival in a tan vehicle -- but no one met us to welcome us. I asked a cast member with a tablet and she just directed me
to the line. We had requested a pool or garden room view but probably were upgraded as we had a room overlooking the boardwalk. That was great but also a bit noisy as you could hear vending carts being moved around late at night and in the early morning hours. I would stay there again though!

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank QTandToots
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

On our first trip to Disney, we stayed at the Grande Floridian. It's very nice but costly, which is crazy because you're not in the room much and you're pretty much relegated to the MK with small children. You're out there!

On our second visit, we stayed at the Yacht Club, which was a great location and very nice but the room was small for four people coming from a 4BR, 4Bath home. Thankfully, Nana had an adjoining suite to share but you can't beat being a short walk from Epcot and Hollywood Studios! We could watch both fireworks from the bridge between the Yacht Club and the Boardwalk.

Then friends told be about the Villas. I wasn't too keen on them because they didn't look as nice from the Boardwalk but there's a different view from the rear of the property. It's quite beautiful and easier to watch kids in the pool area.
We rented a 1BR 1Bath vila bc the two and two option wasn't available but we did quite well. There is only one toilet but we made due and getting ready was easier since the bathroom area was split. One area has a vanity and whirlpool tub and the other has a shower, sink and toilet. It also has a pull out queen sized couch for the kids and a kitchenette.

We were first provided with a first floor room outside the pool but it was far too loud and the sink aerator was broken so we moved to a garden view on the 2nd flr. which was perfect. Room 2014 to be exact and we had a view of the water (canal to HS) from our balcony. It had seen better days but what do you expect given the amount of traffic through these rooms. It was clean and Housekeeping did their best to keep it very clean throughout the week. That's all that mattered to me.

I should also note that our first day was a bust due to airline mechanical defects which caused me to cancel our fast passes and reservations for the day but Joe, the manager, was so kind and accommodating. He actually transferred our unused first day park hopper to 1 day water park tickets! The kids were thrilled! I'm no fan of water parks but if you're going to go to a water park with your children, I highly recommend a Disney park. They're so clean and efficient, unlike 6 Flags, which makes my skin crawl.

So, the choice is yours but if I had to do it over, i'd stay at the Boardwalk Villas again. At that level, you can still use the amenities at the other deluxe resorts. It was just a short stroll to the Yacht Clubs pool and restaurants.

If you're going before September of 2014, be sure to reserve a breakfast at Kouzzina by Cat Cora. It's right on the Boardwalk and their French Toast or Classic Golden Waffle with Chicken Sausage is delicious with press pot coffee. Another good breakfast spot is the buffet at the Yacht Club.

Dinner at the Yachtsman and the Flying Fish wasn't so great this year but we loved our time at Raglan Road in Downtown Disney. I would make the ride out just for dinner. the food quality and taste was great and you cannot beat live Irish music and step dancing, which by the way, is hard to find in Ireland.

Room Tip: Room 2014 is great! Pool rooms on the first flr were too loud.
5 Thank Beach325
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a nice location for a hotel. Rooms are fine. Location is great if you are visiting Epcot or Hollywood Studios. It's closer to Hollywood studios than the Beach club. It's a few steps further to Epcot than the beach club.
Nice shops and restaurants along the boardwalk. If you looking for a place for these 2 parks, this is a nice choice.

Room Tip: Boardwalk view would be the best view!
2 Thank LisainGeorgia
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Although our stay at the Boardwalk Villa's was not perfect, I enjoyed it. Our room was on the 5th floor, overlooking the pool. There were issues with the room immediately when we arrived. We could not open the door with one of the Magic Bands and the band had to be reset. The TV was not working and either was the AC but they were also taken care of. Check in was easy. We were near the elevator so that was convenient. I loved having the small fridge and toaster so we could make a quick breakfast in the AM before heading out. The location was perfect. We walked to Epcot several times and also took the boat. One morning, we took the boat to HS to take advantage of the Extra hours for guests staying on site and managed to get on 4 rides before the park opened to the public. It's true, there is no restaurant on site but the Boardwalk has quite a few options. The Boardwalk Bakery had amazing baked goods that we took back to the room for breakfast. There is a candy shop that sold the most amazing chocolate covered almonds and raisins I have ever had. The General Store is also quite useful for breakfast stuff. We also had dinner at the Yacht Club one night so taking the boat to that was very easy. The best part about the Boardwalk Villas was it felt cozy to me. My kids enjoyed the pool quite a bit. I would stay here again although my family has expressed interest in trying other Disney properties. You cannot beat the Boardwalk's location to Epcot and HS and this was the primary reason I chose it. I am giving it 4 stars because of the issues we had and I agree that it can use some freshening up. The thermostat used to control the temperature must be the original one that was installed. Also, the staff were super friendly every single time we encountered them.

2 Thank ldepmom