“Awesome Hotel and staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Ranked #48 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Berlin, Connecticut
“Awesome Hotel and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have been DVC member's since 1994 and we became oweners here the week this hotel opened.
The location is perfect,the setup is great and the staff are awesome. Starting from the bellman "Al" to the front desk " Sheila and Andy" to the Managers Erin and Carrie" to the pool bar "Ty" I cant think of anywhere else Id love to be but here----See you all again in December of 2014

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank StevenWJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have stayed at the Boardwalk Villas five times for a total of 44 nights, and have not had a single problem. Yes, the rooms on the villa side are slightly worn, but that does not detract from the overall experience. The service there is excellent, the free nightly entertainment on the Boardwalk is fantastic, the pools are clean and amply staffed with lifeguards, and there are a zillion things to do within a short walk.

If you stay here, make it a point to spend a night or two watching the aforementioned free shows, which run continuously from 7-11. There are magicians, jugglers, acrobats -- you name it. And if you have children, make it a point to drop by the Community Center to see whether anything there (also free) catches your eye. Many families seem to skip these experiences, but I can say that some of the most magical moments we've had at Disneyworld have been on the Boardwalk or at the Community Center -- at no additional charge. Take a look!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Christian H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

The entire staff went above and beyond. During a convention, Glenn overheard that I was a vegetarian while I was standing in line for lunch and he surprised me with fresh sautéed vegetables at my table once I sat down. The women at the front desk were very accommodating when I needed to add my children to my room and secure them magic bands at the last minute. And then… when they overheard my daughter ask about pink magic band, they surprised her with one even though gray is the only option…particularly at the last minute. To top it off, I mentioned in passing to the Concierge that my daughter had lost a tooth the night before. After a long day at the parks, we arrive in our rooms to see a special music box and balloons from Tinkerbell herself. Unbelievable! I wish I lived at Disney!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Lauren S
Brusly, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I visited over Easter Week for a second honeymoon and we really enjoyed staying here at the Boardwalk.We are DVC members and we feel that this is the prime location! We enjoyed walking to Epcot everyday to eat or enjoy a night cap or show or to hop the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. We also loved walking to Hollywood Studios, because our of the location of room, it really worked out well. The only drawback, was the Bakery with our refillable mugs was a hike for us, so we had to go to Target and purchase some snacks and beverages to keep on hand. No biggie, because we drive to Disney anyway. We also had some issues with the crowded pool. We could never get a quiet moment, even at the DVC pool by the Rec Center (not the Luna Pool). That was not a deal breaker either, because if we would've had our kid, he would have been there with us too. One outstanding factor for me was that Disney bent over backwards for me. I had recently been diagnosed with stressed induced eczema and I called to see if was possible for my room to be "FRAGRANCE FREE", so I wouldn't have to break out in hives and take benedryl all week. Disney complied and washed all my linens and cleaned my room without chemicals. I was so grateful for this! Thank you Disney! We had a great time and a magical Disney Second Honeymoon!

Room Tip: Rooms close to Boardwalk Bakery if on the Dining Plan Rooms closer to the Walking path is walking t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank islandtigers
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We rented a studio from David's Vacation rental at $209/night (about half price of the disney website), and let me tell you it was worth it. Our goal was to spend 3 full days at Hollywood Studios to attend the Star Wars weekends. The boat ride was a bit long (20 min) since we were the first stop going and last stop coming back so we either got off at the Swan/Dolphin stop and crossed the bridge (4 min walk vs 12 minutes of boat) or just walked to Hollywood (15-20 minutes). The room was nice and it was convenient to have the little kitchenette area. We were lucky to get a room about 1 minute walk from the lobby area. The Boardwalk bakery had awesome cupcakes and pastries. In the evening, on our way back from Hollywood, we would pick up breakfast for the next morning. : P We also enjoyed a bit of entertainment (magic show) on the boardwalk on our last evening. It was nice. The atmosphere was fun!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Josiane P
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I love this hotel. Get a preferred room and you'll have a view on the boardwalk which is totally worth the extra cost or higher point values. We had a one bedroom and for just the two of us the space was really nice and I'm sure that it would be even better for a larger number of people! The one bedroom had a washer/dryer, full kitchen, separated living/bedroom area, and a balcony that ran the full width of our room and was probably about half as big as the room itseld!
The room, honestly, needs to be updated on more than just soft goods. We had some issues with checking in (room wasn't ready and then we weren't notified that it ever was ready until we had to come back and ask) and when we got in the air was off so the room was very musty smelling. The paint was chipping in quite a few places and the doors at times in the restroom wouldn't fully close or was really loose. It also didn't seem like the room had been fully cleaned before we checked in.
All of that said, the staff was awesome aside from that blip and the location on the boardwalk is unbeatable!! Restaurants are amazing, so convenient, and you're so close to EPCOT it's insane. I love the feel of the resort. Only other downside is the fact that the buses here are HORRIBLE. At one point it took us over 3 hours to get from Downtown Disney back to the boardwalk, while every other bus was working perfectly. So I'll say stay here! But mainly if you're renting a vehicle. It'll make the experience so much better!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tellemarie
Eastport, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our family of four( mom, dad and two young adults) loved staying at the Boardwalk Villas. The proximity to Epcot and Disney Studios is great. The property is well maintained and the staff are friendly and helpful, even when the house was full for the Memorial Day weekend. The Boardwalk is nice and we sampled most of the restaurants and all were good though the wings at ESPN were outstanding. Also memorable was Kimonos at the Swan, a five minute walk away. The bus transport is fine, be patient, it can be tedious. Overall, the Boardwalk is a great base for enjoying Epcot and Disney Studios with side trips to the other parks.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family